Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Is this still being updated? :)

I've gotten in most of the requested features, mostly all that really remains is bugfixes and whatnot. I'm contemplating adding ICS management as suggested a couple pages ago, but that's really all that there is left to do.

I might as well go ahead and release 1.40 (I thought I released it but nope.gif). Give me a few to upload it here...

Edit: Here's 1.40! http://bit.ly/MACycle140

Feel free to try it, let me know if there's any errors in it.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
All hail the pause button :yaysp:

It should be working nicely, as well as the Next button. Let me know if there's any issues!

Also, I'm planning that, once MACycle hits 20000 downloads (We're well over half way anyway), I'll put MACycle on Github and finally update that source link from 1.20.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It should be working nicely, as well as the Next button. Let me know if there's any issues!

I've used Virtual Router to create a network "attwifi" and my 3DS managed to connect to it.
I've also set netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
However, I've been unable to get any streetpasses at all.

Are there any Mac IDs there will definitely have users,
this way I can be sure that it might be an issue with my setup?

I've tried and tried (also with the Prime Macs) but can't get any passes.

Note:
Windows 8.0, using mostly Wireless Network (Not Ethernet, but didn't work with cabled network either).

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I've used Virtual Router to create a network "attwifi" and my 3DS managed to connect to it.
I've also set netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
However, I've been unable to get any streetpasses at all.

Are there any Mac IDs there will definitely have users,
this way I can be sure that it might be an issue with my setup?

I've tried and tried (also with the Prime Macs) but can't get any passes.

Note:
Windows 8.0, using mostly Wireless Network (Not Ethernet, but didn't work with cabled network either).

Thing is, you NEED to have a second connection on your computer (Ethernet is the most reliable). If you use this, it uses your wireless card to create the access point. If you try to use wireless while doing this, it will fail. The only way you can use wireless with this is if you have a second wireless adapter you can install (Internally or via USB), as wireless cards cannot receive data from an access point while being an access point itself.

If Ethernet is failing, make sure that your Ethernet connection is enabled for sharing so that your SoftAP will be able to access the internet.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thing is, you NEED to have a second connection on your computer (Ethernet is the most reliable). If you use this, it uses your wireless card to create the access point. If you try to use wireless while doing this, it will fail. The only way you can use wireless with this is if you have a second wireless adapter you can install (Internally or via USB), as wireless cards cannot receive data from an access point while being an access point itself.

If Ethernet is failing, make sure that your Ethernet connection is enabled for sharing so that your SoftAP will be able to access the internet.

I'm using ethernet right now.

At my Network and Sharing Center,
my attwifi Access Type shows as "No Internet access"

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm using ethernet right now.

At my Network and Sharing Center,
my attwifi Access Type shows as "No Internet access"

In the Network and Sharing Center, go into your adapter settings, and under the "Ethernet" connection (Double click), in the Sharing tab, make sure the first option is checked off.

o43EPcZ.png

Then choose your adapter (SoftAP) in the dropbox.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got this weird issue when trying to use custom MACs with friends.
If I connect to the MAC first, my friend gets my data but I don't.
If my friend connects first, then my 3ds doesn't get internet (browser and internet both says no connection). My friend STILL gets my data though (lawl)
All the basic macs work and I've actually got my friend's data from there once, so....I dunno.

I'm using the windows xp with buffalo WLI-UC-GNM usb router (which has built-in SoftAP)

Generic Fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so close to getting HomePass to work! Ugh...

The tool works great. The driver for my card has an option to change the mac, but it doesn't actually change it. This actually changes the mac (I'm assuming because it edits the registries with Macshift).

However, if I change my mac to anything other than the address hard-coded into the chip, I can't connect to my wireless network! I get the "Windows could not connect to the network" error and can't connect again until I cause the mac to reset. I have no idea why a spoofed mac would prevent me from connecting, as my router does not use mac filtering. It is an old, integrated Realtek chip but spoofing should still work on that model. Has anyone had this issue?

EDIT: I see that I need at least two connections to use this, as I can't become a hotspot while also connected to a hotspot. Is this definite? I could have sworn I've seen people set this up wirelessly with only one network card. I have no problem creating the hosted network, and even connecting to it and accessing the internet on my 3ds, provided the mac is unchanged. I even get the Nintendo Zone alert.

EDIT 2: I got the method to work on a different laptop. I think the network adapter on the other laptop simply doesn't support mac spoofing. A good sign is if the device doesn't have a "Network Address" option (the adapter, NOT the NIC). Everything should be good, but I have yet to get any passes. Hopefully I get some soon.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I am so close to getting HomePass to work! Ugh...

The tool works great. The driver for my card has an option to change the mac, but it doesn't actually change it. This actually changes the mac (I'm assuming because it edits the registries with Macshift).

However, if I change my mac to anything other than the address hard-coded into the chip, I can't connect to my wireless network! I get the "Windows could not connect to the network" error and can't connect again until I cause the mac to reset. I have no idea why a spoofed mac would prevent me from connecting, as my router does not use mac filtering. It is an old, integrated Realtek chip but spoofing should still work on that model. Has anyone had this issue?

EDIT: I see that I need at least two connections to use this, as I can't become a hotspot while also connected to a hotspot. Is this definite? I could have sworn I've seen people set this up wirelessly with only one network card. I have no problem creating the hosted network, and even connecting to it and accessing the internet on my 3ds, provided the mac is unchanged. I even get the Nintendo Zone alert.
What are you using laptop maybe?
It will not work with one wireless card.

Generic Fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you using laptop maybe?
It will not work with one wireless card.
I made an edit to my post, I got this working with just one wireless card on a different machine. I'm using the hosted network method on Windows 7. I think some cards only support the mac that is hard-coded inside them. The working one is an Atheros5007EG and it works fine after updating the driver.

Still no passes yet, I think I need to try a lot of addresses before I know for sure if it's a success.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I made an edit to my post, I got this working with just one wireless card on a different machine. I'm using the hosted network method on Windows 7. I think some cards only support the mac that is hard-coded inside them. The working one is an Atheros5007EG and it works fine after updating the driver.

Still no passes yet, I think I need to try a lot of addresses before I know for sure if it's a success.
thats true. BUT any of the prime macs should give you streetpasses straight away if its not working your macs arent changing properly or maybe internet connection is lost on your attwifi. Check that with wieye i think its called for android and it will show you your attwifis mac address don't trust windows cause its great if your adapter is changing macs but did your attwifi's mac change as well thats a different thing. Windows is shit for doing this a lot of driver problems and general windows problems let alone all the different wifi cards there are plus their drivers

Generic Fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats true. BUT any of the prime macs should give you streetpasses straight away if its not working your macs arent changing properly or maybe internet connection is lost on your attwifi. Check that with wieye i think its called for android and it will show you your attwifis mac address don't trust windows cause its great if your adapter is changing macs but did your attwifi's mac change as well thats a different thing. Windows is shit for doing this a lot of driver problems and general windows problems let alone all the different wifi cards there are plus their drivers
When I run ipconfig/all it reveals that both my wireless card and my virtual attwifi network are using the new mac addresses. But for some reason, even though I've enabled sharing, other devices sometimes can't connect to the internet through attwifi.

Just now, I got some passes. It seems that the 3ds can connect to the hosted network occasionally, but something is definitely interfering with it. At least it is sending and receiving packets. Success!

D

Deleted-236924

For some reason, if I use MACycle to change mac addresses it crashes my Wi-Fi card until I reboot.
But if I manually change using macycle command line, it works fine.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
For some reason, if I use MACycle to change mac addresses it crashes my Wi-Fi card until I reboot.
But if I manually change using macycle command line, it works fine.

There shouldn't be any issues with it, as it's just a shall for macshift :/ Have you updated your Wi-Fi card drivers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.