Hacking M3i Zero How to make it works for 3Ds v2.2.0-4U ?

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a Nintendo 3DS running v2.2.0-4U and I am unable to make my M3i Zero working on it. I have no idea how to tell which version my M3i Zero has the system folder of latest 4.9. I tried installing F-CORE v4.2 with the little wire. Seems to install fine. My 3DS reconize the M3i Zero as "Chessmaster - Ubisoft Entertainment". However, I get a blackscreen with white text telling me an error occured.

Please, how can I make it work?

Thanks

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an M3i Zero version Z003 it should be compatible with 3DS up to 4.5.0 firmware, there should be a thread around here somewhere listing the latest updates for your flashcart.

I think the latest files for your flashcart can be found here, those are the latest files I know of for the M3i Zero Z003. I don't have one of those so I really don't know how it works.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...r-plus-450hw-update-2013-1-14-1-0-f31438.html
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...1-45-updated-patch-download-4-5-0-f31437.html

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an M3i Zero version Z003 it should be compatible with 3DS up to 4.5.0 firmware, there should be a thread around here somewhere listing the latest updates for your flashcart.

I think the latest files for your flashcart can be found here, those are the latest files I know of for the M3i Zero Z003. I don't have one of those so I really don't know how it works.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...r-plus-450hw-update-2013-1-14-1-0-f31438.html
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...1-45-updated-patch-download-4-5-0-f31437.html

What if it is not the Z003 ? :(

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if it is not the Z003 ? :(
I don't know. Did the flashcart work before on that 3DS firmware? I don't know enough about the M3i Zero, I would say if you can see a game icon on the 3DS menu then the flashcart is recognized and should work. Look to your micro SD card as being the problem. I would remove the games from the micro SD card and reformat it with the panisonic SD formatter, and do the complete format, not the quick format. Then reinstall the firmware and games to micro SD card.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Some flashcards never worked on the 3DS even when on firmware 1.0. Examples like R4 and the like. Though some early DSi compatible ones might have. I don't know about the M3i, but there's a good chance it won't work on any 3DS firmware revision due to it's age.

If you updated the firmware on the M3i (not the same as the menu firmware. Most modern flashcards actually have two separate firmwares. The menu system you see when you boot it up and the boot code firmware which is the part that is needed to fool the DS/3DS into thinking it's a legit game.

If you have the M3i on it's latest firmware update and it still doesn't work, then the M3i must not have ever been compatible with the 3DS and won't ever be. Better to upgrade to a newer flashcard. My recommendation is the DSTwo, but if that's too pricy there's some R4i cards still being sold that should work on the 3DS.

Since you are on a really old firmware on the 3DS, why not buy a Gateway (or one of it's clones)? You'll need to buy a game that comes bundled with the 4.5 firmware as 3DS mode flashcards don't work on anything prior to 4.3-4.5. ;)

You can't update via internet since that will just end up putting you on v8.0 firmware. Gateway and it's clones don't work on anything above v4.5.

The gateway and all of its clones come with a second DS mode flashcart needed to setup the exploit to boot 3DS games. This second card can also be used to play DS games and is basically a R4i clone I think. ;)

So you got both sides of the 3DS covered.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So... If you have the GMP-Z003 revision, you should go with thise files. I uploaded them and I tested them. But make sure to do everything step-after-step and don't run the F_CORE.DAT before you run the *.nds as it will brick your M3i Zero! Yes, it will!
The M3i Zero will run until DSi FW 1.4.5 and 3DS FW 4.5.0-10 with this update.

If you have the original version, you should go with this file. Just copy it to your MicroSD card, plug the M3i Zero into your computer using the cable and wait until the LED stops flashing. Then your flashcard is flashed with the new firmware. Make sure to delete the F_CORE.DAT if it's still on the MicroSD card. Now your M3i Zero works until FW DSi FW 1.4.2 and 3DS FW 4.2.0.

I WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANY WARRANTY THAT THIS WORKS. NEITHER GIVE I ANY WARRANTY IN CASE THAT THE M3i ZERO BRICKS!

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... If you have the GMP-Z003 revision, you should go with thise files. I uploaded them and I tested them. But make sure to do everything step-after-step and don't run the F_CORE.DAT before you run the *.nds as it will brick your M3i Zero! Yes, it will!
The M3i Zero will run until DSi FW 1.4.5 and 3DS FW 4.5.0-10 with this update.

If you have the original version, you should go with this file. Just copy it to your MicroSD card, plug the M3i Zero into your computer using the cable and wait until the LED stops flashing. Then your flashcard is flashed with the new firmware. Make sure to delete the F_CORE.DAT if it's still on the MicroSD card. Now your M3i Zero works until FW DSi FW 1.4.2 and 3DS FW 4.2.0.

I WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANY WARRANTY THAT THIS WORKS. NEITHER GIVE I ANY WARRANTY IN CASE THAT THE M3i ZERO BRICKS!

Thanks you very much. I do not have the Z003 model as there is no model written on my m3i which means it is probably the first version.

I already tried the F_CORE v4.2 and it didnt work. Do you think I must me on 3DS v4.2 too or the F_CORE v4.2 should works with 2.2.0-4?

Also, there is something very important right now. I want to be able to play Zelda A Link Between Worlds. The thing is it wants me to update to like v6.2. Is there any way to bypass that?

Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
a nds flash card that works(on upto 4.x, and updating to 4.x with a retail cart that has the 4.x update on it, then you can use gateway classic mode to run the game without updating to 6.x

as joe88 said you don't actually need a gateway card to run classic mode, but you will need a NDS flashcard that works on 4.x to install the exploit

you will also need a retail cart to update to 4.x there is a list of games here
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

this is all dependant of if your ever actually planning to get a gateway or one of the clones....if you have no intention to do so, you might as well just update

Reactions: Jamesst20

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only bypass that update requirment with gateway classic mode, you do not need a gateway cart to use it

a nds flash card that works(on upto 4.x, and updating to 4.x with a retail cart that has the 4.x update on it, then you can use gateway classic mode to run the game without updating to 6.x

as joe88 said you don't actually need a gateway card to run classic mode, but you will need a NDS flashcard that works on 4.x to install the exploit

you will also need a retail cart to update to 4.x there is a list of games here
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

this is all dependant of if your ever actually planning to get a gateway or one of the clones....if you have no intention to do so, you might as well just update

Thanks for your answers :) I sadly didn't find how to run that Classic Mode. May I ask you how?

I dont know if it is needed but my Girldfriend has an R4i Gold for 3DS

Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just a rough guide
1. get one of the games from here http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range and update your console to 4.x
2. download the gateway files from their site (against rules to link so you will have to go get them yourself)
3. copy the gateway installer.nds from the bluecard folder on to your girlfriends R4i(don't copy anything else but the installer file)
4.copy the launcher.dat from the red card folder onto the SD card that goes in the side of the 3DS
5. run the gateway installer from the R4 card
6. go to system setting->other settings->profile -> Nintendo DS profile
7. the gateway menu should appear, just select classic mode and games that require 4.x+ will work fine

word of warning if the game has been played on a updated 3ds the save will be deleted, once its played in classic mode it will not work on a properly updated console without the save being deleted, so just make sure you only use them on your own console

Reactions: Jamesst20

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I already tried the F_CORE v4.2 and it didnt work. Do you think I must me on 3DS v4.2 too or the F_CORE v4.2 should works with 2.2.0-4?
No. You have to put it into the root of your MicroSD card and put the M3i Zero into your computer.
m3zo1.jpg

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a rough guide
1. get one of the games from here http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range and update your console to 4.x
2. download the gateway files from their site (against rules to link so you will have to go get them yourself)
3. copy the gateway installer.nds from the bluecard folder on to your girlfriends R4i(don't copy anything else but the installer file)
4.copy the launcher.dat from the red card folder onto the SD card that goes in the side of the 3DS
5. run the gateway installer from the R4 card
6. go to system setting->other settings->profile -> Nintendo DS profile
7. the gateway menu should appear, just select classic mode and games that require 4.x+ will work fine

word of warning if the game has been played on a updated 3ds the save will be deleted, once its played in classic mode it will not work on a properly updated console without the save being deleted, so just make sure you only use them on your own console

Thanks you! As soon as I get a game to update the 3DS, I will try :)

Gateway team talked about an upcoming update that would works with 7.xx and 8.xx keys. Would that fix the save bug?

No. You have to put it into the root of your MicroSD card and put the M3i Zero into your computer.
m3zo1.jpg

Yeah I know that. The red light flash for 30 secs and then lighr off. But it still do the same :/

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway team talked about an upcoming update that would works with 7.xx and 8.xx keys. Would that fix the save bug being incompatible with other non classic mode 3ds?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway team talked about an upcoming update that would works with 7.xx and 8.xx keys. Would that fix the save bug being incompatible with other non classic mode 3ds?
If I understand you correctly... Those are two separate things. Cracking one doesn't crack the other.
That said, maybe Gateway also worked on this save game compatibility and are going to release it too?

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dontbthink anyone but gateway would know the answer to that atm, it's possible though I suppose

If I understand you correctly... Those are two separate things. Cracking one doesn't crack the other.
That said, maybe Gateway also worked on this save game compatibility and are going to release it too?

Well I thought this is what they meant.

What I had understood is 7.XX and 8.XX use different encryption key and methods and I though that those savegame were encrypted with those keys. The reason why Gateway savegame were not compatible with original savegame is that Gateway was unable to decrypt since it wasn't supporting 7.xx and 8.xx keys and instead it would erase the savegame to create a new savegame with its own encryption which also explain why gateway savegame were not compatible with orginal system.

Anyway, this is what I had understood, if I am wrong, I am fully open to be corrected :)

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I thought this is what they meant.

What I had understood is 7.XX and 8.XX use different encryption key and methods and I though that those savegame were encrypted with those keys. The reason why Gateway savegame were not compatible with original savegame is that Gateway was unable to decrypt since it wasn't supporting 7.xx and 8.xx keys and instead it would erase the savegame to create a new savegame with its own encryption which also explain why gateway savegame were not compatible with orginal system.

Anyway, this is what I had understood, if I am wrong, I am fully open to be corrected :)
The new savegame encryption was added from 6.1 onwards, if I'm not mistaken, and that is encryption for the savegame only
If you were to play with Gateway, which is essentially stuck on 4.1-4.5, then it would use the old encryption for the savegame, whereas a real updated 3DS would use the new encryption. This conflicting encryption is what causes the incompatibility (and the reason the saves get wiped when you go from one to the other).

Now applications and games developed with the 7.1 (or higher) SDK have a new (different kind of) encryption. This means that the whole application or ROM is encrypted and Gateway would need to find a way to crack it in order to run it. Luckily Gateway seems to have found a way to crack it, but they have yet to release their findings.

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new savegame encryption was added from 6.1 onwards, if I'm not mistaken, and that is encryption for the savegame only
If you were to play with Gateway, which is essentially stuck on 4.1-4.5, then it would use the old encryption for the savegame, whereas a real updated 3DS would use the new encryption. This conflicting encryption is what causes the incompatibility (and the reason the saves get wiped when you go from one to the other).

Now applications and games developed with the 7.1 (or higher) SDK have a new (different kind of) encryption. This means that the whole application or ROM is encrypted and Gateway would need to find a way to crack it in order to run it. Luckily Gateway seems to have found a way to crack it, but they have yet to release their findings.

Alright got it thanks :)

Will they release a PC tool to convert exported savegame ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1