Hacking M3 Perfect Mini SD: Need help with Soft reset to menu, for dried battery

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi everyone, I really need help with operating my M3 Perfect for GBA games. I am unable to get the soft reset function to work such that i can return to the main menu of the M3. This is so that i can save even without a battery. The problem is, whenever I press A+B+L+R, the special function menu pops up, but when i scroll down to 'main menu' and press A, the game simply resumes instead of returning to the M3 main menu.
I would greatly appreciate any help >< i have search a few dozen pages and forums but no one mentions this problem. For the EZ-flash 4, downgrading the client solves this problem, but I do not know what works for the M3 perfect. PLEASE help me D:

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is a Softpatch.exe in the game manager folder, it is a CLI or DOS program with input and output. As to if this does the soft reset patch you need, I don't know. I don't rely on soft reset, regardless of gba flashcart.

Do be aware that the soft reset in the EZ-Flash IV's case is applied to the rom before you play it and use the soft reset feature on the cart. It will likely be the same for the M3 as well.

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes I am well aware that a patch is required and i have done the appropriate settings in the game manager. I am able to reach the point where the special effects menu shows up when i press A+B+L+R in game. I just cant get it to return to the main menu.
The soft reset function is vital for GBA cartridges if you do not want to keep replacing the internal battery, which is risky and you may damage your cart. Soft reset allows you to save even after your internal battery dies

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is a Softpatch.exe in the game manager folder, it is a CLI or DOS program with input and output. As to if this does the soft reset patch you need, I don't know. I don't rely on soft reset, regardless of gba flashcart.

Do be aware that the soft reset in the EZ-Flash IV's case is applied to the rom before you play it and use the soft reset feature on the cart. It will likely be the same for the M3 as well.
Yes I am well aware that a patch is required and i have done the appropriate settings in the game manager. I am able to reach the point where the special effects menu shows up when i press A+B+L+R in game. I just cant get it to return to the main menu.
The soft reset function is vital for GBA cartridges if you do not want to keep replacing the internal battery, which is risky and you may damage your cart. Soft reset allows you to save even after your internal battery dies

Try reading again what is important instead of my opinion.

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Do you know how to use that program? I ran it after reading your original post but it just pops up a command box and then closes. Didnt do anything.

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OH ok sorry I am not familliar with, well, any thing beyond double clicking an application. It didnt occur to me that i need command prompt >< sorry. Didnt know what a CLI or DOS program is :P
Lemme give it a try

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hm still doesnt work :( its so strange, there are quite a number of youtube videos showcasing the RTS special menu, but i cant even use it to return to the M3 menu :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA