Hacking M3 Lite or DS-link??

star0c3an

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Going to get a NDSL soon.. hope the black one comes out 21st in Australia. so would like to check which 1 should i get..

Reasons I like ds-Link are:
DS card size
Able to save slot 2 for future use (i.e. rumble pack)
Problems of ds-Link
required to be flashed unless using Mk4 (not sure the new DSL can be flash? heard some where about new DSL cannot be flashed, can anyone provide the link about the news), also don't really wanted to flash the new DSL as it void the warranty

Other choice is to get M3 Lite with a passcard... which basically have no problem except is more expensive and used slot 2 for the M3 Lite

so if u were me which one will u choose? or will u suggest for me to wait the future ds-link or M3 that uses slot 1 with internal passcard built?

thanks

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Going to get a NDSL soon.. hope the black one comes out 21st in Australia. so would like to check which 1 should i get..

Reasons I like ds-Link are:
DS card size
Able to save slot 2 for future use (i.e. rumble pack)
Problems of ds-Link
required to be flashed unless using Mk4 (not sure the new DSL can be flash? heard some where about new DSL cannot be flashed, can anyone provide the link about the news), also don't really wanted to flash the new DSL as it void the warranty

Other choice is to get M3 Lite with a passcard... which basically have no problem except is more expensive and used slot 2 for the M3 Lite

so if u were me which one will u choose? or will u suggest for me to wait the future ds-link or M3 that uses slot 1 with internal passcard built?

thanks

Depends on what you want to do really. The DS-Link for example has no GBA support at all while the M3 Lite has very good GBA game compatability. DS compatability is basicly the same but the DS-Link team are unproven when it comes to firmware/rom patching updates as the DS-Link is brand new to the DS scene and on the other hand the M3 team provides outstanding support for there products. Homebrew will work better on the M3 Lite at this moment in time. You need to decide what you want to use your mod cart for the most before anyone can give you a definate suggestion.

star0c3an

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I don't really care about GBA coz i doubt i will ever touch them again.... (Some GBA games still sit on my SC-CF but i never ever play them anymore).. and homebrew isn't really a big issue for me although i prefer to have it..... Now really concern me is, is the new DSL flashable?? i don't want to hot swap MK4-key and ds-Link.... If it is not flashable, should i get M3 lite first then wait for DS-link or M3 comes out with a ds card size flash cart that have passme built in? or just get ds-link and wait for the new flashme??

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If GBA and homebrew doesn't matter to you then the smart move money wise is the DS-Link. It has the same DS compatability and cost about HALF the price of the M3 Lite. Waiting for the DS-Xtreme is up to you. It was announced that the price on it would be $124 bucks compared to the $40 bucks for the DS-Link or the $80 bucks for the M3 Lite but the DS-Xtreme will have passme built in aswell as 1 gig of internal storage. And the new colored DS Lites that just came out today are confirmed to be compatable with Flashme and they flash just fine.

star0c3an

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok... thanks for you info... if it is flashable then i will most prob. get DS-link instead... if M3 Lite have the case for Phat DS i will prob get it too... thanks

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
star0c3an: DSLink hasnt been released in an english version as of yet... so no, no link. I'd personally consider getting a chinese one, but I have no idea if they will language lock the thing like M3 did software wise.
http://simon.teunvandeberg.nl/nifi/reviews...ink/DSlink.html
QUOTE said:
What I found very good of Ediy was that they included a small paper stating that the English version is not being put out yet and thus only the Chinese packaging is being sent out.
Depends on what you want to do really. The DS-Link for example has no GBA support at all while the M3 Lite has very good GBA game compatability.
OK, no matter how many times you say it...
http://www3.emu-zone.org/host/ediy/emu-hw/emuhw01.htm
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools
Why are they updating the GBA ROMs for the DSLink software if it doesnt support GBA at all (probably using their separate GBA cart as well as the DS's GBA link function).
laugh.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cory1492: I hope the DS-Link has been released in an english version because that's what I have being sent out to me from BambooGaming.com right now!

They however do not supply packaging, they were going to send it in the tin without the cardboard around it (the bit with chinese text) but have since stated that the DS-Link English version does not ship in the tin.

It does sound suspicious doesn't it..?

Here is a link to the bamboogaming.com page for the DS-Link where it states the English version doesn't come with the tin.

In addition to that info talking about the English version I had previously tried to get bamboogaming to price match psxbox.net's price as it was about $20 cheaper but in an email reply they state:
"We are not able to match it, because they sell Chinese version , but we sale English version. the net price is different."

So I really, really hope that the English version does exist, has been released and is on its way to me.

If anyone has direct confirmation that there is no English version out please post a reply with a link to the info, I made need it if this turns out bad..

All that said though I have been very happy with bamboogaming.com's email support so far. They have replied to each email I've sent promptly and in perfect English.
The order to delivery time seems slow and the postage cost was high, but they stated that on the website before I paid. I can't complain about it unless the delivery takes another week.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bet you just get the chinese version, from what i hear the english version is not out (yet).

anyway the chinese dslink is perfect to use

Kosmo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would recomend getting a supercard minisd. If you look hard enuff you might can find one with everything you need at a very good price.
wink.gif

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
The English version is out, been for a while. You should check www.ds-link.net and they are also selling it on hopebuy.com(which ver?). I contacted the manufacturer since there were so many ds-link pages. They put up an English site, they also informed me of the prices they have if you wish to order the English version.

I don't know whether it comes with the package or not but it is out there. They are also trying to make the English support work better, asap. I was also told that the only _real_ DSLink site is www.ds-link.net. Not any .com or .cn site.

QUOTE said:
Thanks for your letter.I would like to answer your questions one by one.

Firstly,DSLink English ver.has been released before,with English software,English user guide and English core, which is not the same as Chinese ver.Our English website will be finished soon.Please visit www.ds-link.net in a few days later.

Secondly,Only www.ds-link.net is offical website, others are all fake,such as www.ds-links.com,www.dslink.net, please pay attention.

Finally,The price list of DSLink is:
42 USD/unit   retail price
37 USD/unit   above 10 units.
35 USD/unit   above 100 units.

best regardsÂ

That mail came directly from DYI, the manufacturer.

e: I got contacted by Hopebuy.com,

QUOTEI am Celery from Hopebuy.com.
  We may get the DS Link next week or your should wait a long time, i don't know the exact re-releasing date of it.
  We will sell the English version of this product.
  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regard.
Sales Department
www.Hopebuy.com           Â
2006-09-13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: