Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guy,
I just got m3 lite perfect. I think it should've came with a CD, but it didnt. What should I do now?
Can someone guide to the latest firmware, or something..

TIA ..

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks Tony! (and congrats on your new mod rank btw)
I still have a couple of questions though,

1- 36a is not english?
2- under each version, there are lot of files such as: updategc.j35.rar, what the hell are those?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Haha, thanks!

Now, to answer your questions
1- No the latest english update was 35a
2- Yeah, they represent update version, language and type of cart (SD - SecureDigital or CF - CompactFlash)
(example updagcsd.e35.rar, it means that it's a firmware update for SD cards in english, version35! )

Here is direct link to latest english update..
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...pdagcsd.e35.rar

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Oh I see what you mean!

lol thanks for the direct link, made my life a lot easier
tongue.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
actually I do have one more question, is there a special structure I should have for the folders on my sd card?
the update went normally, I selected fire emblem 32 mb, it said your card has not been formatted or something do you want to continue anyway? I said yes, and it froze on that screen, left it anyways for 45 minutes, shut down, opened up again, and I got a msg saying something like, the game is found, but GBASAVE folder is not, and nothing happen

so I guess I have 2 questions, is there a special structure for the folders? and should my card be formatted to fat32 or fat?

thanks again toni
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
There shouldn't be any special format or something, but you do need to patch your roms. This is where v36a comes in, it's an update for the M3 Game Manager.

The problem about GBASAVE you got was because your GBA save was saved in the M3 itself, but it couldn't be stored on your memory card because there was no save file. When using M3 Game Manager this save file will be created automatically.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
m3rox said:
Actually, you do want the GM 36a and the firmware 35e.
Yes indeed. Isn't that what I said
unsure.gif
Sorry, if I was unclear. Yes, you should use firmware version 35 (E for the English version, but practically every version if available) and Game Manager version 36a.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thank for the reply guys, didnt know I had to patch!
Still didnt get an answer about the formatting though, why did it say the card is not formatted please insert a secure digital blah blah..

should I format to fat32?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, try to do it, although I don't think it was the case that it needs to be formatted..I think that message showed because you didn't use Manager, and haven't patched games..

The best thing to do would be this..
1. Freshly format your SD (it doesn't really matter if you use fat or fat32)
2. First copy the latest firmware update
3. then copy games on using M3 Game Manager (this is the list that contain games that have to be patched with "Hardware 1" option, for all other games, use "Hardware 2" http://releases.pocketheaven.com/asearch/?...p;Sort=Release)
4. Enjoy your gaming

NOTE: Don't forget that after every play, you have to turn off and turn back on your Gameboy, so save could get transformed from M3 Reals internal memory to SD card!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I know how these things can be pain in the ass to set up properly.....Sometimes it can give you trouble, even if you're doing everything right!

When you set everything up, let us know if it all works!

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Toni Plutonij said:
I know how these things can be pain in the ass to set up properly.....Sometimes it can give you trouble, even if you're doing everything right!

When you set everything up, let us know if it all works!

Thank you Toni, and thanks for everyone else. This worked perfectly well (well, I only tried fire emblem for now)
smile.gif

However, the link you gave me for hardware 1 or 2 is not working, sql error of some sort, any chance you know of another site or something?

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
now it does thanks!
smile.gif

Edit: Huh? Thats weird, I patched 2215 fire emblem with hardware1, it works, yet its not on the list, which means it supposed to be patched hardware 2 right? what does it mean?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended