nyctalopiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I recently discovered everything about luma and hbl and was absolutely impressed by all of this. As a competitive Pokemon player I actually need to luma my 3ds to inject 7g Pokemons.

But I'm a real noob and I got a question. I used the github guide and started (u gonna insult me) FROM part 5 thinking it was OK. But at the section II of the arm9 setup, they are asking for the 3ds to be 2.1. And to put 3ds into 2.1 I need hbl.

So I just ordered Freakyforms on amazon I have an old 3ds XL. However I have a question.

I did all the section 1 of the arm9 setup and my 3ds didn't brick. I just got the issue on arm9.bin website saying it's loading forever.

When I will have freakyhax and hbl. And when I'll downgrade to 2.1, will my 3ds brick because of the already present files ? Should I delete all the luma files before downgrade ? I'm afraid of that too because I'm afraid that delete it would make it brick too. Since everything is working right now I'd like to keep it this way until I come back to luma installation.

So what do you think of it ? Can I go for freakyhax/hbl and downgrade with the luma files on my sdcard so when I'm on 2.1 I can come back to luma tutorial directly to section 2 or should I delete everything risking to do an error and try back all the luma tutorial ?

Thanks

Teiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as i know , i backed everything up and then downgraded it how it is written down in the guide ^^.
But im not sure so dont judge me , this my own experience with my 3ds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But i think other forum members could help you better out then me :P

nyctalopiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

First of all, thanks for your answers. Then, i'll just try and hope it wont crash. The fact i didnt do the shit in the right order frightens me a bit. But nothing's bricking right now. Guess I'll see when I'll get my freaky thing on monday and setup hbl

thaFranchize2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to hijack OP's thread, but I am in a situation very similar to this. I'm on 3dsXL (US) 11.2 and I too tried the same thing and got to the part where arm11.bin is loading in the browser and I missed the part where you must downgrade to 2.1. Could somebody maybe point me to a post explaining how to do that? (I also have an old small 3ds on 9.9 if that would be easier to accomplish Luma and arm9 instead) thanks and sorry I just didn't want to make a new thread with my issue being similar to OP

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to hijack OP's thread, but I am in a situation very similar to this. I'm on 3dsXL (US) 11.2 and I too tried the same thing and got to the part where arm11.bin is loading in the browser and I missed the part where you must downgrade to 2.1. Could somebody maybe point me to a post explaining how to do that? (I also have an old small 3ds on 9.9 if that would be easier to accomplish Luma and arm9 instead) thanks and sorry I just didn't want to make a new thread with my issue being similar to OP
You can't do that one the 11.2 3ds.

The old small 3ds can get a9lh since its on 9.9 https://3ds.guide/
Then if you want to keep using the XL you can do the dsiware downgrade to hack the 11.2 3ds after hacking the small 3ds. (all data on that 3ds will be lost) https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just follow all the steps at 3ds.guide. It's all necessary. You have to be at firmware 9.2 first in order to downgrade to 2.1, not just HBL access. In order to downgrade from firmware 11, you'd need a hardmod or DSiWare downgrade first.

thaFranchize2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys for the reply. Ok so, and this may be on a completely different subject, but the main reason I want Luma is for pkhex and to mod Pokémon Moon (I was using menuhax homebrew launcher until I updated to 11.2 so now it won't work anymore). So in theory, could I just hack the small 3ds using the method you just posted and use it to edit my Moon save (cartridge), then put the game and the memory card into my 11.2 3ds and it would work?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you guys for the reply. Ok so, and this may be on a completely different subject, but the main reason I want Luma is for pkhex and to mod Pokémon Moon (I was using menuhax homebrew launcher until I updated to 11.2 so now it won't work anymore). So in theory, could I just hack the small 3ds using the method you just posted and use it to edit my Moon save (cartridge), then put the game and the memory card into my 11.2 3ds and it would work?
You can't use another console's SD card, the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder are encrypted per console. You can, however, use JKSM from homebrew to backup and restore the save. (You'd need to be able to use homebrew on the 11.x console as well).

thaFranchize2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use another console's SD card, the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder are encrypted per console. You can, however, use JKSM from homebrew to backup and restore the save. (You'd need to be able to use homebrew on the 11.x console as well).
Oh I see... so is there any easy way to access homebrew on my 11.2?

nyctalopiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answers. Delete every file won't brick ? I mean I didn't replace anything in section 1 of part 5 ? Can't remember really sorry to be so much in need of your help :( thanks a lot

EDIT : I deleted everything except Nintendo 3ds + DCIM on my SD card. No brick, i'll start again all the work on monday when i get freakyhax, thanks guys

Last edited by nyctalopiaz,

thaFranchize2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You just need a Powersaves device or another 3DS (either with CFW or below 11.0 with homebrew access).
Awesome thanks for pointing me in the right direction. One last question, would this homebrew access and JK save manager be enough to edit Moon (cartridge) with pkhex? (Same as OR AS, basically, as I did with menuhax before 11.2). Only reason I'm asking is because I saw a YouTube video of a guy using pkhex on Sun/Moon using Luma and he said homebrew wouldn't work. Sorry if this question is veering off topic but I believe it's my last one lol

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome thanks for pointing me in the right direction. One last question, would this homebrew access and JK save manager be enough to edit Moon (cartridge) with pkhex? (Same as OR AS, basically, as I did with menuhax before 11.2). Only reason I'm asking is because I saw a YouTube video of a guy using pkhex on Sun/Moon using Luma and he said homebrew wouldn't work. Sorry if this question is veering off topic but I believe it's my last one lol
I think there's issues on old 3DS because of it being a high memory game (some things won't work because if the way it reboots when it starts)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.