PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright First i just wanna say thank you. :)
I have successfully installed this bootstrap9 thing, but i have questions the guide did not answer.
  1. Can i update my system from 11.2 to 11.4 Safely?
  2. Do i continue to use luma updater for future updates?
  3. Once I setup bootstrap9 and then put the boot.firm file on the nand, is it the same as booting without sd card?
  4. I used to be able to make the screen flash when booting by renaming arm9loaderhax_si.bin can i still do this with this boot strap?
  5. If the answer to 4 is possible, the setup i had was having arm9loaderhax_si.bin, using this would make DSIware and GBA games not work, the way i fixed it was creating a file name path.txt and putting it in the luma folder and writing "/arm9loaderhax_si.bin" in the text file. So would i need to keep using it?
1. Yes.
2. If you're using Hamcha's updater, it's broken and you need to get @KunoichiZ's updater. If you're using @KunoichiZ's updater, get the latest update from the GitHub and you should be good to go!
3. If you mean the CTRNAND-based Luma installation, yes.
I apologise, but I do not understand 4 and 5.

Last edited by PrincessLillie, , Reason: added the link to KunoichiZ's Luma Updater.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
1. Yes.
2. If you're using Hamcha's updater, it's broken and you need to get @KunoichiZ's updater. If you're using @KunoichiZ's updater, get the latest update from the GitHub and you should be good to go!
Even with this modification, the protection of the A9LH was maintained ?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes.
  1. Okay then
  2. Okay i will check
  3. I see....
  4. Before renaming arm9loaderhax.bin to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" Will make the screen flash when is booting. How do i do that with this bootstrap9 stuff now?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Even with this modification, the protection of the A9LH was maintained ?
I believe so. According to @addi33:
Can this be Patched by Nintendo?
No. Since this is a Bootrom Exploit, it is literally unpatchable. Just a hardware revision could fix that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Okay then
  2. Okay i will check
  3. I see....
  4. Before renaming arm9loaderhax.bin to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" Will make the screen flash when is booting. How do i do that with this bootstrap9 stuff now?
4. I don't believe that has been looked into. arm9loaderhax.bin/arm9loaderhax_si.bin don't work with boot9strap because boot9strap uses boot.firm.

Reactions: Februarysn0w

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This new payload will replace the arm9loaderhax ?
Yes, boot.firm will boot instead of arm9loaderhax.bin and/or arm9loaderhax_si.bin. You will need to manually delete arm9loaderhax.bin and/or arm9loaderhax_si.bin.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem of updating Luma3DS to 7.1 where it can not find the arm9loaderhax.binFATAL
  • boot9strap support (all older entrypoints, including ARM9LoaderHax and menuhax, are no longer supported).
  • Replaced .bin (brahma/a9lh) payload loading with .firm (FIRM format) payloads. This format allows for way more flexibility and is also the only one supported by boot9strap.

Sorathehero2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  • boot9strap support (all older entrypoints, including ARM9LoaderHax and menuhax, are no longer supported).
  • Replaced .bin (brahma/a9lh) payload loading with .firm (FIRM format) payloads. This format allows for way more flexibility and is also the only one supported by boot9strap.
So how do I update now

YupItsJocey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently installed Luma3DS with a long overdue update from MenuHax + EmuNand and now that I have Luma, I can't access my friend's list due to freezing. What do I do?

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its necessary to have arm9loaderhax to update to boot9strap to still have luma updates ? i have menuhax on 9.2 with latest emunand.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i officially dropped hamcha luma updater in favor of yours, thank you very much. :)

Now if homebrew launcher can just get working again, had i know it wasn't i might have waited before updating luma. :unsure:

Can you also add the updater to TitleDB.com so we can update it with fbi installer without QR codes?

Reactions: KunoichiZ

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i officially dropped hamcha luma updater in favor of yours, thank you very much. :)

Now if homebrew launcher can just get working again, had i know it wasn't i might have waited before updating luma. :unsure:

Can you also add the updater to TitleDB.com so we can update it with fbi installer without QR codes?
Homebrew Launcher isn't working? Have you tried the 11.2 payloads?
Also, I already submitted it to TitleDB, but the changes haven't been made yet.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Launcher isn't working? Have you tried the 11.2 payloads?
Also, I already submitted it to TitleDB, but the changes haven't been made yet.
I been using 11.2 for months, i stop updating since there was no more reason to update. No it doesn't work, every time i load, is a red screen, i am forced to reboot.

Reactions: a9lh-1user

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I been using 11.2 for months, i stop updating since there was no more reason to update. No it doesn't work, every time i load, is a red screen, i am forced to reboot.
Update to 11.4 and try again. I can't help on an outdated firmware because it's a firmware I never used Homebrew on.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
its necessary to have arm9loaderhax to update to boot9strap to still have luma updates ? i have menuhax on 9.2 with latest emunand.
Not sure, but I think you can install boot9strap through menuhax or another entry point. because 3dsx binary is included in release zip.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it