Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taisuke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i have Luma installed and i'm trying to boot into the config menu when i'm starting up but it doesn't happen and i get returned to the home screen.

jegig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
dumb question,i seem can't find answer to these

can we install luma cfw on gateway emunand?,i heard it's possible,but i have no idea how to do it though,i have acess to HBL,what should i do?,thanks!

jegig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why would you want to do that? Just install luma on your SysNAND, you'll be fine

if im not wrong,i read from somewhere,if i install luma on my sysnand,higher than what gateway capable of booting,i won't be able to enter gateway emunand?

I'm not used to play games on cia files,as i have small SD card,or i can still access gateway+gateway emunand even though on sysnand?,thanks!

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems like I am having the same issue with Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure and loading some files that were patched in an update. I have scoured this thread, /r/3DShacks and the issue tracker for github, plus I tried to look at the code for layeredFS loading to see if I was doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get it right. @DarkSynopsis suggested to me that I could try loading the patched files by creating a folder that uses the update's TitleID instead of the base game's TitleID, but unfortunately that isn't working on our end either. @Aurora Wright (I hate to be that guy that @'s the OP, but I am very confused here), is there any information I could provide to try to get this working? Or am I perhaps doing something wrong? I know both Luma3DS versions 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 added expanded LayeredFS compatibility with some problematic games and with some game's updates, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work with TDM: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure! and it seems as if it is not quite working for a few other games as well (such as Smash; I've seen people say that only some files of theirs are being loaded, but not all of them; I do suppose this could be an error on their end if their files are misplaced or something, but I thought I would include the information either way).

And to think, I was the guy who wrote that big thread about LayeredFS on /r/3dshacks so I thought I knew what I was doing, hah!
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/b5eba765a53ea9e47ee3faa2d299d3321bd4a7ee Smash was already working, but I heard you can't use SaltySD files as-is because it uses some virtual file system stuff (so you need to repack those)

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Aurora Wright

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if im not wrong,i read from somewhere,if i install luma on my sysnand,higher than what gateway capable of booting,i won't be able to enter gateway emunand?

I'm not used to play games on cia files,as i have small SD card,or i can still access gateway+gateway emunand even though on sysnand?,thanks!
If you want to use Brickway, use EmuNAND.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm extremely confused, I was playing a gba room with retroarch (latest stable) and my 3ds froze, no big deal, turned it back on to this...

EDIT: I removed the battery and it fixed it, weird...
This happened to me before when I accidentally swapped some parameters in APT_PrepareToDoApplicationJump(). Restarting the system kept bringing up the same exception. It finally went away when I left it off for around 30 seconds. I'm guessing the swapped parameters were confusing FIRM, and since RAM isn't erased on reboot (and contents still stay there for quite a while after powering off), it kept failing every time I turned it back on.

Photo of the exception:
0117172133.jpg

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so for romFS builder I have no idea where to start tbh
I have the "data" folder for Smash which is my dump for it and I made my changes
But from there I have no idea where to go from there
Because I used to use SaltySD till I updated Luma and i switched to using LayeredFS
now only the Music works and the the customs skins I have
Where do I start???

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so for romFS builder I have no idea where to start tbh
I have the "data" folder for Smash which is my dump for it and I made my changes
But from there I have no idea where to go from there
Because I used to use SaltySD till I updated Luma and i switched to using LayeredFS
now only the Music works and the the customs skins I have
Where do I start???
Just put the files where they were originally at when you unpacked them. You need to copy that file/folder structure on to your SD card for Luma3DS to find them.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just literally copy the entire "data" folder into the luma romFS folder?
Just the modified files, but you need to keep the folder structure of it the same.
I haven't looked at smash, but let's say your modified file is /texture/bayonetta/filename.x and it has ten unmodified files in that bayonetta folder along with your modified file. Just copy filename.x, but keep the /texture/bayonetta/ part so Luma3DS can find it.

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just the modified files, but you need to keep the folder structure of it the same.
I haven't looked at smash, but let's say your modified file is /texture/bayonetta/filename.x and it has ten unmodified files in that bayonetta folder along with your modified file. Just copy filename.x, but keep the /texture/bayonetta/ part so Luma3DS can find it.
Ok I think I'm confused a bit
I have a few modded skins already for Smash since I made a Modpack and I also have different music too
I copied everything from the SaltySD folder into the romFS folder in Luma and only the music works
The skins don't work but it's in the exact file placement as the original dump (except I only have what I need. For example I don't have edits for enemies or items, so I did not include that folder. I only have the folders for Music and Skins)
Any ideas what could be wrong with what I did???

D

Deleted User

Ever since updating to 7.00 the region emulation feature seems to not be working for me anymore. The boot menu has mentioned that I need to apply "the archive patch" for region emulation to keep working. How do I do that? Couldn't find anything on the wiki^.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since updating to 7.00 the region emulation feature seems to not be working for me anymore. The boot menu has mentioned that I need to apply "the archive patch" for region emulation to keep working. How do I do that? Couldn't find anything on the wiki^.
Move the .txt file from luma/locales to luma/titles/titleID. Replace titleID with the game's title ID. Rename the text file to locale.txt.

The wiki is very outdated and needs to be updated.

D

Deleted User

Move the .txt file from luma/locales to luma/titles/titleID. Replace titleID with the game's title ID. Rename the text file to locale.txt.
The wiki is very outdated and needs to be updated.

thank you for the quick response! just to make sure I get this right: rename every relevant .txt file to locale.txt and then move it to a new folder, named after the titleID of the game in question?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the quick response! just to make sure I get this right: rename every relevant .txt file to locale.txt and then move it to a new folder, named after the titleID of the game in question?
Yes, but make sure to follow the folder structure I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: