Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, luma updater is not broken, works perfectly fine for me, detects new updates and hourlies.
It confuses people about dev/regular, stable/nightly, etc. The app might function correctly, but the interface is all kinds of broken. If it wasn't we wouldn't have people asking about it all the time.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Luma Updater is broken. It hasn't been updated in a long time. Maybe it's abandoned. Complain to that dev about it.
It isn't broken. If it was, Plailect's Guide wouldn't use it. It still detects the latest versions and hourlies.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It confuses people about dev/regular, stable/nightly, etc. The app might function correctly, but the interface is all kinds of broken. If it wasn't we wouldn't have people asking about it all the time.
That's your opinion. If you think it needs to be "fixed", look at the source code and "fix" it yourself.

Reactions: Dionicio3

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't mean it's "broken"

It isn't broken. If it was, Plailect's Guide wouldn't use it. It still detects the latest versions and hourlies

That's your opinion. If you think it needs to be "fixed", look at the source code and "fix" it yourself.
That's because it's less broken than Star Updater.
Obviously you guys haven't studied design. I'm done talking about this.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
That's because it's less broken than Star Updater.
Obviously you guys haven't studied design. I'm done talking about this.
Functionality over design. ;););)

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
Reactions: Dionicio3

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You... don't really need an EmuNAND anymore. But, have you checked the SD Card to see if the EmuNAND files are still there?

Sorry, forgot to include the link (for my "post 12" comment: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-know-when-youre-running-a-rednand-or-sysnand.454497/ )

So anyways.... on my SD card, I have an empty 'EmuNand9SD' folder and in the root, I see a emuNand_formatted.bin file (almost 1 gig in size) and a few other 'emunand' files.

BUT, was reading here: https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh ..... and it talks about upgrading my A9LH if I hacked my 3ds before Nov. 2016, which I did. Is this necessary? When I recently updated my Luma3DS, I just copied over the arm9loader file from the zip. That not good enough?

And what's this voodoo you say about not needing emunand any more? Will Luma prevent my A9LH hack from getting trashed? (Even without following that 3ds.guide link and updating my A9LH first?)

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, forgot to include the link (for my "post 12" comment: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-know-when-youre-running-a-rednand-or-sysnand.454497/ )

So anyways.... on my SD card, I have an empty 'EmuNand9SD' folder and in the root, I see a emuNand_formatted.bin file (almost 1 gig in size) and a few other 'emunand' files.

BUT, was reading here: https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh ..... and it talks about upgrading my A9LH if I hacked my 3ds before Nov. 2016, which I did. Is this necessary? When I recently updated my Luma3DS, I just copied over the arm9loader file from the zip. That not good enough?

And what's this voodoo you say about not needing emunand any more? Will Luma prevent my A9LH hack from getting trashed? (Even without following that 3ds.guide link and updating my A9LH first?)
I assume 'EmuNand9SD' is for use with Decrypt9WIP. Yes, it is entirely necessary to update A9LH. And yes, Luma3DS protects your A9LH installation and allows system updates with A9LH (It is recommended that you use 3ds.guide to upgrade A9LH to prevent a bad installation).

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume 'EmuNand9SD' is for use with Decrypt9WIP. Yes, it is entirely necessary to update A9LH. And yes, Luma3DS protects your A9LH installation and allows system updates with A9LH (It is recommended that you use 3ds.guide to upgrade A9LH to prevent a bad installation).
It is not at all necessary to update A9LH. It does, however, give you the updates the A9LH has received - mainly the capability to load an A9LH payload straight from CTRNAND, removing the requirement of an SD card for the 3DS to boot.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
It is not at all necessary to update A9LH. It does, however, give you the updates the A9LH has received - mainly the capability to load an A9LH payload straight from CTRNAND, removing the requirement of an SD card for the 3DS to boot.
Whatever. I still recommend it.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Luma's new LayeredFS feature is compatible with game updates and/or DLC? For example: Animal Crossing New Leaf. The game got the Welcome amiibo update back in November/December that added a campground and other things. If I were to change the music found in the campground via LayeredFS, would it work with the update?

The file I would replace can be found in the update's romfs, but not in the normal version. Am I making sense?
It seems like I am having the same issue with Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure and loading some files that were patched in an update. I have scoured this thread, /r/3DShacks and the issue tracker for github, plus I tried to look at the code for layeredFS loading to see if I was doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get it right. @DarkSynopsis suggested to me that I could try loading the patched files by creating a folder that uses the update's TitleID instead of the base game's TitleID, but unfortunately that isn't working on our end either. @Aurora Wright (I hate to be that guy that @'s the OP, but I am very confused here), is there any information I could provide to try to get this working? Or am I perhaps doing something wrong? I know both Luma3DS versions 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 added expanded LayeredFS compatibility with some problematic games and with some game's updates, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work with TDM: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure! and it seems as if it is not quite working for a few other games as well (such as Smash; I've seen people say that only some files of theirs are being loaded, but not all of them; I do suppose this could be an error on their end if their files are misplaced or something, but I thought I would include the information either way).

And to think, I was the guy who wrote that big thread about LayeredFS on /r/3dshacks so I thought I knew what I was doing, hah!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.5 of my fork of Luma3DS Updater!

It's a couple of small changes and thought it would be fitting to post here. If people want me to make a new thread, I can.

* I removed the dev text and the commit version next to the latest stable. I've read where that was confusing people, thinking it was a developer version of Luma3DS instead of the latest stable version.
* I removed the Configuration file text, as that seemed useless to me.
* And I changed the text "Install normal version" to "Install stable version".
* Built-in app updater has been updated to check my fork for updates and should work.

The first bullet point probably needs to be explained a little more. There were two different versions of Luma3DS. One was the developer version for developers, and the other was for normal people to install. Luma3DS v6.3 merged those versions together. Since then, Luma Updater had said that the latest stable version was the developer version, when in fact it's not. I've sinced removed that text, in hopes that newcomers won't get confused and won't think they're installing a developer version of Luma3DS.

Wdxqh8L.png
vs
UsKdvcj.png

Download link: https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v1.5

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi