Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

repulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What guide are you talking about? The method you're referring to is for using the hbl.cia as an entrypoint on 11.4. Download that (Old 11.2 E) otherapp payload and rename it OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin, and put it in your hblauncherloader folder, and you'll be able to access the HBL via the cia on an 11.4 O3DS.
I knew i was wrong. Sorry i was away from 3ds scene for a while. You recommand using what tool ? Emunand9, Hourglass9, or Decrypt9WIP ?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i noticed that luma seems to support multiple emunands...how do we set that up? right now having 11.3 and 11.4 is ideal and i'd consider doing it if its easy enough. i only really just want NTR streaming on 11.3 but i want to be able to play online on 11.4 if i feel like it

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all, I encountered the following problem. When I launch my nds flashcart or launch TWL launcher then the O3DS shuts down (emunand 11.4, Luma 7.0). Anyone knows how to get this working again or is it a known issue at the moment?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all, I encountered the following problem. When I launch my nds flashcart or launch TWL launcher then the O3DS shuts down (emunand 11.4, Luma 7.0). Anyone knows how to get this working again or is it a known issue at the moment?
is twlauncher also installed to sysnand? why are you using an emunand and whats your entrypoint?

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is twlauncher also installed to sysnand? why are you using an emunand and whats your entrypoint?

Hi, I'm using a9lh v1. Luma is booted by default. I am also having a gateway card (gw.bin is of the Luma payloads), that's why I prefer to keep the Emunand. My SD card is big enough so I don't mind the extra space used by the Emunand. Some time (months) ago I could use the NDS flash cards from the home menu without issues while using Luma. I just tried this again after upgrading Emunand to 11.4 and Luma to 7.0. I have to check whether I also installed twllauncher in sysnand, probably not. Anyway, I never encountered the current behaviour that the O3DS switches off when starting the flashcard otr twllauncher. Could it be that somehow the O3DS fails to reboot in DS mode or something like that?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is SafeCTRTransfer for ? Cause i'm already on Luma 7.0.1 with a9lh.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk
SafeCTRTransfer allows you to install ctrtransfers and restore NAND backups while backing up your current one (no need to use D9 for that guide step anymore). It's an arm9 payload and it replaces that feature from D9 and H9 and it DOES keep A9LH if you have it.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm using a9lh v1. Luma is booted by default. I am also having a gateway card (gw.bin is of the Luma payloads), that's why I prefer to keep the Emunand. My SD card is big enough so I don't mind the extra space used by the Emunand. Some time (months) ago I could use the NDS flash cards from the home menu without issues while using Luma. I just tried this again after upgrading Emunand to 11.4 and Luma to 7.0. I have to check whether I also installed twllauncher in sysnand, probably not. Anyway, I never encountered the current behaviour that the O3DS switches off when starting the flashcard otr twllauncher. Could it be that somehow the O3DS fails to reboot in DS mode or something like that?
I figured out that you cant use a custom path for luma. The reboot patches break when you dont have Luma payload on the root of your sd card... That and the fact that my sd card was corrupted so they didnt boot either way

Cos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still new to all of this and I have two things I need help with.
I have:
> 11.3
> Luma 7
> New3ds

I'm trying to run Detective Pikachu (via Freeshop), and while it boots and everything, the screen remains black with nothing else afterwards. I read that if you use HANS to boot Detective Pikachu, it works, however, I've found from my experience that with any sort of settings I put in, it just brings me right back to the Homebrew menu. Does anyone here happen to know how to get this game working? I'd love to test it out.

Also, I just updated to Luma 7, and the configuration settings are above my head. I don't exactly understand what I should and shouldn't enable. If someone could give me the run down on it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone.
smile.png

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I figured out that you cant use a custom path for luma. The reboot patches break when you dont have Luma payload on the root of your sd card... That and the fact that my sd card was corrupted so they didnt boot either way

Thanks a lot. My Luma payload is not in the root of the SD Card indeed. Will give it a try.

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for joining the party late. On O2DS 11.3 Luma3ds just updated to Luma 7.0.1.
I need to be able to play games online so I'm tempted to update to 11.4 however I heard it is horrendous for homebrew..
Is it safe to update today? I will update freeshop and FBI as well.

Edit: After updating to Luma 7.0.1 , on boot it takes me back to an old sysnand(11.2 apparently)? I need to hold L... How can I fix that?

Last edited by Rayan92,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for joining the party late. On O2DS 11.3 Luma3ds just updated to Luma 7.0.1.
I need to be able to play games online so I'm tempted to update to 11.4 however I heard it is horrendous for homebrew..
Is it safe to update today? I will update freeshop and FBI as well.

Edit: After updating to Luma 7.0.1 , on boot it takes me back to an old sysnand(11.2 apparently)? I need to hold L... How can I fix that?
Are you on emunand? Yes, just use the 11.2 payloads on 11.4.

Reactions: Rayan92

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need testing from you all: https://workupload.com/file/ZFcahfX
This build fixes New Super Mario 2 LayeredFS. However I had to change the archive name of the SD card for it to work. So games which use SD card for stuff (I suppose pokemon is one of these too) might have a broken SD card functionality. Could you make sure this is not the case?

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you on emunand? Yes, just use the 11.2 payloads on 11.4.

Fixed the issue by configuring luma3ds (boot to sysNAND etc) now it's all good.
Updated Luma to 7.0.1 , updated FBI and Freeshop.
My question is If I want to play online is it safe to update to 11.4? Would I still have access to all the good stuff luma allows me to?

Last edited by Rayan92,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1