Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, i was playing metroid fusion a week ago, and now it won't load. Also my nds games oe dsiware games aren't loading. I haven't done anything to cause it that i know of. Does anyone have solution?

BEFORE you ask,

• Sys 11.1.0-34
  • Luma 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax
  • NEW3ds
Again, i was playing it a week ago, but now it won't load. I only put system in sleep mode and play games, nothing else.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe try the fix in Plailect's guide for when TWL doesn't work after installing A9LH...
DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide

Copy TWL Version Data - v0.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  1. Copy DS Download Play - v1024.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  2. Copy DS Internet - v2048.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  3. Copy Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy either New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia or Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
Section II - Installing titles
  1. Open FBI
  2. Select "SD"
  3. Select "cias"
  4. Navigate to TWL Version Data - v0.cia and press (A) to install
  5. Navigate to DS Download Play - v1024.cia and press (A) to install
  6. Navigate to DS Internet - v2048.cia and press (A) to install
  7. Navigate to Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia and press (A) to install
  8. Navigate to either New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia or Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia and press (A) to install
  9. Exit with the home button

Reactions: Usl5264

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you updated Luma in the meantime but forgot to specify the path to the arm9loderhax.bin, assuming Luma isn't your main arm9loaderhax.bin?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
From here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting

GBA/DS games/DSiWare/Smash Bros/Monster Hunter 4 fail to start
You haven't configured Luma3DS to work with your boot manager, please refer to this for instructions.

or
I have issues with GBA/DS/DSiWare games and I have installed a patched AGB/TWL FIRM cia in the past
There have been some reports of pre-patched AGB/TWL FIRMs interfering with Luma3DS' built-in patching. Follow these steps to restore the unpatched Nintendo FIRMs:

1. Get the NAND FIRMs package from here
  2. From the package, copy O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia (if you have an Old 3DS), or N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia (if you have a New 3DS) to the SD card
  3. Open your favorite cia installer (the guide has been tested successfully with FBI 2.1). If you don't have one it's outside the scope of this guide, check how to get your first cia installed on Plailect's guide
  4. Install the .cia files you copied in step 2
  5. Luma3DS should now be functioning normally, you can delete the .cia files you used

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Sys 11.1.0-34
  • Luma 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax
  • NEW3ds
Maybe you updated Luma in the meantime but forgot to specify the path to the arm9loderhax.bin, assuming Luma isn't your main arm9loaderhax.bin?
I only been using luma, after a9lh i been using latest build of everything. Is only been a week before it was working.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe try the trock for patched firms even if yours are not patched (I think)...

You don't use BootAnim9 or Bootctr9 or crtbootmanager9 do you?
if you do:

(Optional) Making Luma3DS work with an external boot manager
If you're using a boot manager (BootCtr9, CtrBootManager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

• You can disable your boot loader OR
  • Change Luma3DS's path (refer to the Options and usage page).

Last edited by Amapola62,

qweblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question - some of my games (cias) are showing 'Software notification' and prompt for an update before launching. Am I correct in assuming this will only update the game software, and not the N3dsXL system software?

Thanks in advance!

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question - some of my games (cias) are showing 'Software notification' and prompt for an update before launching. Am I correct in assuming this will only update the game software, and not the N3dsXL system software?

Thanks in advance!

it would say system update. if it says software update, you are safe. If you are running emunand/a9lh sysnand, then it would be ok for you to update your system anyways

Reactions: qweblim

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks in advance!
Yes, it will only update the game, not the system.

Edit: Ninja'd

Reactions: qweblim

qweblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it would say system update. if it says software update, you are safe. If you are running emunand/a9lh sysnand, then it would be ok for you to update your system anyways

I'm running a9lh sysnand I assume since I followed Plailect's guide. Not sure about emunand since I didn't read that mentioned anywhere in the guide. Thanks for the quick response! I'll go ahead and update :)
Yes, it will only update the game, not the system.

Edit: Ninja'd

Thanks for the quick response!

D

Deleted User

How does one use Code.bin exactly? I undrstand where to put all the files and such, but not how to actually make one. Was gonna attempt to try out the Sun/Moon no outline mod, but can't find any knowledge on code.bin's creation.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one use Code.bin exactly? I undrstand where to put all the files and such, but not how to actually make one. Was gonna attempt to try out the Sun/Moon no outline mod, but can't find any knowledge on code.bin's creation.

someone on that chaos site has already made a no outline mod for the demo.

D

Deleted User

couldn't you decrypt the cia and get the code.bin from the decrypted cia?
Trying that now but curiously enough CTRTool doesn't wanna extract any files. If you know any other tool I can use, I'd much appreciate being pointed in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu