Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's much better but I don't want to rename the payload files everytime it get updated (start_NAME, b_NAME etc...). I used to use bootctr9 to boot a9 things but when luma updated to 6.3 it's all messed up because Luma3DS.dat is now load arm9loaderhax.bin and I really don't want to put another arm9loaderhax in somewhere else. I'm using 3 emunands and leave sysnand untouched. It's my tough choice.
the current format hasn't changed for a while, and it probably won't change again. you really should be using it.
Luma3DS re-added the reboot patches for 9.0 FIRM, which breaks running arm9 stuff. this is intentional because of the chainloader which, again, you should be using.

with a9lh you don't need Luma3DS.dat.....

why exactly do you have 3 emunands?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the current format hasn't changed for a while, and it probably won't change again. you really should be using it.
Luma3DS re-added the reboot patches for 9.0 FIRM, which breaks running arm9 stuff. this is intentional because of the chainloader which, again, you should be using.

with a9lh you don't need Luma3DS.dat.....

why exactly do you have 3 emunands?

Each emunand represents for a game series :D

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each emunand represents for a game series :D
I don't get it...

you should seriously fix up your setup. trying to use hbmenu for arm9 stuff is bad when you have arm9loaderhax (unstable, slow, etc). Luma3DS hasn't changed the payload name format in a while, so start using it.

here, just have something like this:
Code:
SDCARD
├── arm9loaderhax.bin (Luma3DS)
├── files9
│   ├── D9Game
│   └── aeskeydb.bin
└── luma
    ├── config.bin
    └── payloads
        ├── right_GodMode9.bin
        ├── start_Hourglass9.bin
        ├── x_Decrypt9WIP.bin
        └── y_EmuNAND9.bin

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't get it...

you should seriously fix up your setup. trying to use hbmenu for arm9 stuff is bad when you have arm9loaderhax (unstable, slow, etc). Luma3DS hasn't changed the payload name format in a while, so start using it.

here, just have something like this:
Code:
SDCARD
├── arm9loaderhax.bin (Luma3DS)
├── files9
│   ├── D9Game
│   └── aeskeydb.bin
└── luma
    ├── config.bin
    └── payloads
        ├── right_GodMode9.bin
        ├── start_Hourglass9.bin
        ├── x_Decrypt9WIP.bin
        └── y_EmuNAND9.bin

It's exactly the same as my current setup but I'd like to use hbl too :D

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated through the luma updater for the first time after the initial setup and re-configured luma during the boot by holding select afterwards.

Now when i use the luma updater it says config not found using default settings, however if i reboot into the settings it shows them as i saved them.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I just updated through the luma updater for the first time after the initial setup and re-configured luma during the boot by holding select afterwards.

Now when i use the luma updater it says config not found using default settings, however if i reboot into the settings it shows them as i saved them.

Is that how it's supposed to be?
The updater refers to its own config, not Luma's.

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

Ygreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then it should be a file corruption.
This always happened on
1) R/W files with a low quality SD reader
2) R/W files with a SD reader connected to a damaged USB port
3) R/W files on a low quality SD card

the top splash worked fine befor updating. so my sd card reader didnt touchs the sd card/splash

edit: btw, i updated with luma3Dupdater

Last edited by Ygreck,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
External FIRMs support changes: added support for NUS-encrypted firmware.bins (all four are supported, a matching cetk file for each encrypted FIRM is needed: /luma/cetk for /luma/firmware.bin, /luma/cetk_twl for /luma/firmware_twl.bin, /luma/cetk_agb for /luma/firmware_agb.bin. /luma/cetk_safe for /luma/firmware_safe.bin) and New 3DS ARM9bin-decrypted firmware.bins.

I have no idea where you could get these cetk files though...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
External FIRMs support changes: added support for NUS-encrypted firmware.bins (all four are supported, a matching cetk file for each encrypted FIRM is needed: /luma/cetk for /luma/firmware.bin, /luma/cetk_twl for /luma/firmware_twl.bin, /luma/cetk_agb for /luma/firmware_agb.bin. /luma/cetk_safe for /luma/firmware_safe.bin) and New 3DS ARM9bin-decrypted firmware.bins.

I have no idea where you could get these cetk files though...
From Nintendo's own servers. Corbenik's readmes link to them from the official servers.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you could download a previous dev version of Luma 3ds and put a Firmware.bin (without Cetk) into the Luma folder?

as for your booting issue: is there a game in the slot? If yes try to boot without it or (taken from Plailect's guide) :
  1. Try deleting home menu's extdata
    1. Clear Home Menu's extdata by navigating to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
      • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
      • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
      • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
      • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
      • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
      • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
      I was even more thorough once and completely deleted the exdata folder...XD or maybe try this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

kamekaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been keeping up with updates but today MHgen doesn't let me go online unless I update.
I'm still using menuhax; N3ds Sys 9.2; Emunand 11.0
I heard browserhax/menuhax is broken right now but does updating break those who already uses the luma boot.3dsx to boot straight to luma3ds using menuhax?
My luma3ds is also outdated, on 5.5 because I had issues in the past updating luma would result in black screen but I guess it's time to update luma3ds as well?

Am I safe to update my emunand after updating luma3ds, even though browserhax/menuhax is considered to be broken?
Sorry if this has been asked a million of times.

Last edited by kamekaz3,

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't been keeping up with updates but today MHgen doesn't let me go online unless I update.
I'm still using menuhax; Sys 9.2; Emunand 11.0
I heard browserhax/menuhax is broken right now but does updating break those who already uses the luma boot.3dsx to boot straight to luma3ds using menuhax?
My luma3ds is also outdated, on 5.5 because I had issues in the past updating luma would result in black screen but I guess it's time to update luma3ds as well?

Am I safe to update my emunand after updating luma3ds, even though browserhax/menuhax is considered to be broken?
Sorry if this has been asked a million of times.
If you update Emunand, you should be alright. If you update the sysnand... well, let's say don't do it. However, I would considering to switch to A9LH. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

[EDIT] I forgot to said that related to updating Luma, you can replace the Luma file ( if I'm not wrong it is boot.3dsx ) or using some kind of updater like this or this (personally I've been using the second one.

Last edited by ThunderbInazuma, , Reason: I forgot to talk about the updater
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back