Not open for further replies.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update what to v5.5? lol elaborate.
I'm gonna assume you are either playing stupid or are legitimately that lost. If you are messing around and have read any of the past 20 pages you will know you need to update the Luma3DS payload to the newest release.

If you are not playing stupid then I seriously wonder how.... I'm gonna be nice. Just update the Luma payload to the latest release.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna assume you are either playing stupid or are legitimately that lost. If you are messing around and have read any of the past 20 pages you will know you need to update the Luma3DS payload to the newest release.

If you are not playing stupid then I seriously wonder how.... I'm gonna be nice. Just update the Luma payload to the latest release.
See... thats why I posted. Its just painful to see that, when the answers are so recent and the issue its resolved by just updating. Im not trying to bully anyone by the way, just inviting everyone to read the thread and the wiki. Be a good temper! :)

5.5 works great by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see 5.5 is up now. Nice work everyone. I'd tip my hat to all involved if I was wearing one.

Indeed, it's not cryptofixed. The re-download will fix it, but it wasn't necessary. Also, you might take a look at the FBI release that was out 2 days ago (so version 2.2.2) since it has an option to import title seeds, which would have been useful here.
Anyway, as I said this is not really related to Luma3DS. Mods might get angry at us and... :whip:

EDIT: you should take the issue over to here for example, if it's still not working after the download is finished.

Didn't know about that. That's awesome. Sounds like there's no more need to cryptofix then. Hope Steve also fixed the crashing when you have a lot of stuff installed.

Menuhax on Emunand Luma...

For A9lh I will wait for Time machine from Gateway

I've played with the beta, and honestly, I wouldn't. You're better off just using Plaillect's guide, but using THIS modified A9LH installer (it's now working with all NANDs, including Samsung). Puts GW on X+Y so you can use it, and still use CFW and boot managers.

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sorry, I'm new to forums and also softmodding. i didnt realize there was an update. thank you though. i only started a few days ago.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the guide even say to install the luma3ds updater in order to get latest updates....so its as simple as running the app and have it do it for you lol.

Reactions: Inkadinkadoo

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the guide even say to install the luma3ds updater in order to get latest updates....so its as simple as running the app and have it do it for you lol.
i was following a different tutorial that was for aureinand and didnt realise how out of date it was. everything ended up working (except just now finding out about online play) so i was happy with what i had.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red card is the 3ds card for Gateway that acts as it's DRM (You can't boot GW mode without it inserted, though there's no legitimate reason to have that requirement), and allows .3ds rom loading (Since it's a physical cartridge, and is capable of mounting the roms correctly).

Blue card is a basic DS flashcard. Nothing special.

GW menu is a menu with some tools that you can launch regardless of whether you have a Gateway or not.
Blue card: A DS Flashcard, it can run DS games and it was used to install the MSET exploit IIRC>
Red card: The 3DS flashcard, by default it doesn't have a menu and can't work by itself.
GW Menu: A CFW to be used together with the Red Card, it allows you to access the ROMs inside the Red Card.
redcard is for 3ds games, blue card is for ds games, gateway menu is what loads to then get u into the mode where u can use the red card. the best part is even with a9lh from gateway there are still failed boots. it doesnt just boot to the home menu, it boots to the gw menu and then does what looks to be menuhax type shit to boot into gateway mode
Ok thanks a lot for the helpful replies. I think a few brain cells died after reading this today. Funniest thing I read today: even with Gateway a9lh, booting isn't 100% :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:. So much for the new update being "the best, safest, most complete and easy to use solution for N3DS, 3DS and 2DS" :wtf:.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea if Luma 5.5 running as my CFW Sysnand via a9hl can handle a system transfer from GW 11.0.0 on my old 3ds?

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do a normal system transfer? Even thought GW is emunand, and CFW Luma is on my sysnand?

I've got a backup of both my GW emunand on my old 3ds and a a9lh sysnand on my n3ds. But if i transfer to n3ds what should i be expecting combining GW and Luma?

Last edited by xtreme1,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do a normal system transfer? Even thought GW is emunand, and CFW Luma is on my sysnand?
If this would work (Not certain. My mind refuses to understand CFW system transfers :P) then I think it would be a good idea to use another CFW to downgrade EmuNand...
just a thought

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this would work (Not certain. My mind refuses to understand CFW system transfers :P) then I think it would be a good idea to use another CFW to downgrade EmuNand...
just a thought
Hmm, but both systems are on 11 of their respective CFW. I'm really curious if it will take as it is now. Otherwise I guess I would have to make a GW emunand on my N3ds, transfer, load luma on it... (not sure how to convert GW to Luma on the same system even though), flash to sysnand of my a9lh n3ds

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, but both systems are on 11 of their respective CFW. I'm really curious if it will take as it is now. Otherwise I guess I would have to make a GW emunand on my N3ds, transfer, load luma on it... (not sure how to convert GW to Luma on the same system even though), flash to sysnand of my a9lh n3ds
Just do the transfer like normal. It doesn't matter the cfw. Your "backed up" games won't transfer. But your bought ones and your nnid will.

Reactions: Ricken
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol