Hardware Luma v8.0 brick...

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
something must be wrong with your nand. Did you have a previous setup before installing b9s? Or you installed it from stock?

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

Titox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
something must be wrong with your nand. Did you have a previous setup before installing b9s? Or you installed it from stock?

I installed v8.0 from stock with Yakara's tutorial :/

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, I followed the guide and the last step is to press start and reset the console... When I reset it, gives me "An exception occurred". Now what? :s

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: Now everytime I turn the 3DS on, gives me the "an exception occurred" error... (I updated B9S to the latest version, with the 3ds.guide tutorial)
Did you also update to the latest Luma3DS?

Titox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Attachments

• 20170705_210412.jpg
    20170705_210412.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 157

Titox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
UPDATE 2: When I turn the console on without the SD, the 3DS actually works. But when I use the SD card, the "exception" happens :/

When I insert the SD card to my PC says that it has to repair some files, could that be the problem?
Also, can I just make a backup of the current files and after the PC "repair" the files return them to the SD card without problem? (just in case the files repair doesn't work)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
UPDATE 2: When I turn the console on without the SD, the 3DS actually works. But when I use the SD card, the "exception" happens :/

When I insert the SD card to my PC says that it has to repair some files, could that be the problem?
Also, can I just make a backup of the current files and after the PC "repair" the files return them to the SD card without problem? (just in case the files repair doesn't work)
It certainly could.
No need to copy files to the PC, if the files are corrupted before the repair and they're still corrupted afterwards then the copy will have corrupted files as well. It's not like the repair is gonna wipe your SD card or anything (Microsoft would get a lot of shit if that happened... :P )

Titox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It certainly could.
No need to copy files to the PC, if the files are corrupted before the repair and they're still corrupted afterwards then the copy will have corrupted files as well. It's not like the repair is gonna wipe your SD card or anything (Microsoft would get a lot of shit if that happened... :P )
So... Somehow, "repairing" the files made it worse. Now only the blue light turns on. I can't even get to the Luma configuration menu.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Your SD card might be the problem then. See if you can backup all the files from it and reformat it to FAT32 again (or empty it then run a test with h2testw, instructions for this in the 3ds guide) then copy everything back and replace luma's boot.firm again

In the meantime, now that this came to light, it would be useful to know which are the sd specifications (size, brand, class, etc.)

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

A little troubleshooting helped you out. If it boots without the SD card, then your SD card is the issue here. You most likely have a few options:
First, you might want to test it before hand
https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)
1: Might be fixable through reformatting it. If possible, back everything up, then go about reformatting the SD card and seeing how everything turns out.
2: it's fake or broken, just buy a new one

Last edited by The Catboy,

Titox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So, my SD card suddenly died after the "repair" too... I'll probably buy a new one. However, I don't have any backups of my previous data, what folders/data should I have prepared for the new SD card? I already have the "default" FBI on my 3DS

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, my SD card suddenly died after the "repair" too... I'll probably buy a new one. However, I don't have any backups of my previous data, what folders/data should I have prepared for the new SD card? I already have the "default" FBI on my 3DS
If you can recover any files, you need those.
Otherwise FBI should still be injected in the H&S, which is what you can use to start re-installing all of your games.

Titox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you can recover any files, you need those.
Otherwise FBI should still be injected in the H&S, which is what you can use to start re-installing all of your games.
So I basically just buy the new SD card and start installing everything else from FBI?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb