Hacking Luma already and 2 NANDs. Is it possible?

brucechapolinbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys.

First of all thank for all who contribute and put effort sharing knowledge, creating tutorials and to developers who make amazing things.

I already prepared, installed and configured luma 3d through Plailect Guide in two different systems: one O3DS USA (bought in Brazil) and one N3DS EUR (brought in Australia).

Unfortunately by the difference between regions, I changed the O3DS' region from USA to EUR (using this guide), because I already have many games and saves in the N3DS EUR (my main system). So, I can play local multiplayer.

My problem: I'm in Brazil now for few month and most of system are USA version, but my two system are in EUR version now. So I can't play local multiplayer.

My question now is: Can I create a second NAND in the same or another SD card, but using a different region system? I mean, I'd like to have 2 NANDs, one with USA version and another with EUR version. So, I can change it to play local multiplayer with any system version.

How can I do this in a Luma ready system in 11.1 version?

Thanks!

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh, just use your original nand on sysnand, and region swap emunand. It is possible to setup multiple emunands though, although it involves more setting up (and a larger sd card). You should be able to use NA region roms to play locally on a EUR nand though.

Yes you can do this by having an emuNAND and region-changing it. I'm not sure if it'll let you play local multiplayer or not.
Even the shittiest region swapped nands (i.e. mine) are able to play local and online as long as the cia is the correct region :P

Reactions: Quantumcat

brucechapolinbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have a9lh, just use your original nand on sysnand, and region swap emunand. It is possible to setup multiple emunands though, although it involves more setting up (and a larger sd card). You should be able to use NA region roms to play locally on a EUR nand though.

Thank for reply. I have a9lh but how can I do this? What do you mean with "NA region roms"?

Just to clarify, I changed my system region because some games even start the local multiplayer. Just pop up one message "One error occurred".

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for reply. I have a9lh but how can I do this? What do you mean with "NA region roms"?

Just to clarify, I changed my system region because some games even start the local multiplayer. Just pop up one message "One error occurred".
NA = USA; To start off, just backup your entire sd card, run emunand9 (put it in /luma/payloads/ and name it [button]_emunand9.bin, launch it, and select "complete emunand setup" This will setup an emunand that is a clone of your sysnand. From there, just follow the region swap guide. If you want to do a second emunand, you will have to use the multiemunand tool (I think that's what it is called, I don't have a link though). I cannot promise that it will work for n3ds though.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w, , Reason: Tab is a great button
Reactions: brucechapolinbr

brucechapolinbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NA = USA; To start off, just backup your entire sd card, run emunand9 (put it in /luma/payloads/ and name it [button]_emunand9.bin, launch it, and select "complete emunand setup" This will setup an emunand that is a clone of your sysnand. From there, just follow the region swap guide. If you want to do a second emunand, you will have to use the multiemunand tool (I think that's what it is called, I don't have a link though). I cannot promise that it will work for n3ds though.

Nice! I will try it now and post the result. I'm gonna start by O3DS. Let's see what happens now. =)

thanks

brucechapolinbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.

I'd like to thank ih8ih8sn0w for suggested me what to do.

I successfully created an USA emuNAND in both systems.

In a brief I did the below steps:
1- Full Backup of SD card
2- Opened Emunand (last version) and executed "Complete EmuNAND Setup". It will format your SD card and will clone your SysNAND to EmuNAND
3- Eject SD Card and restore all files
4- Boot in Decrypt9WIP (last version)
5- Go to EmuNAND Options > CTRNAND transfer
6- Choose the *.bin file from your chosen version. In my case was USA version of 9.2 firmware
Ensure you have enough space in SD Card.
7- Next boot will start on EmuNAND
8- Hold L on boot to start in emuNAND, if "Autoboot SysNAND" is active in Luma3DS configuration
9- Adjust region settings
10- Update System

And finally, in my case, enjoy local multiplayer in Rhythm Heaven while EUR version doesn't come. Hahaha.

Thank you guys!

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse