Luigi's Mansion HD Texture Pack

RichardLaughter_

OP
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone! Im a complete nub at doing texture packs, but i've decided to try it out. So far I think it's pretty fun. If any of you have any tips, feel free to let me know. What I mainly need help with at the moment is editing textures with an alpha channel in the original. Id like to take the alpha channel in the default texture and move it over to the new one, but idk im a bit clueless and haven't found anything usefull to go off of on the googles. Anyway, here is a video of some the rooms I have started working on. ^.^

I have been asked by a few people to release my work, so I intend to put up the textures around or on Halloween.

Oh and incase yall were wondering, Ishiruka dolphin now supports normal mapping and specular lighting, so it is a bit more complex than the average texture pack.

Last edited by RichardLaughter_,

RichardLaughter_

OP
Trophies
XP
Thank you and as do I. ^.^
The game is one of my favorites and one that I think needs a remake/console sequel.
It is exclusive to this version of dolphin.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

The texture pack uses special effects that would make the gamecube explode XD

As for why I chose this emulator and not the official version of dolphin,
Ishiruka supports Normal Mapping and specular lighting, which I think brings a lot to the table in terms of visual fidelity.
My pal Tomoya is working on a twilight princess project with the same effects, and the game looks wiiu quality. XD
Hopefully I can get that good one day.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A bit of feedback on the video here, but lowering the specular lighting on Luigi would be nice. He looks like something straight out of Sonic Heroes (Plastic Edition)
Otherwise this looks very promising, but of course not everything has been redone yet.

Reactions: Margen67

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of feedback on the video here, but lowering the specular lighting on Luigi would be nice. He looks like something straight out of Sonic Heroes (Plastic Edition)
Otherwise this looks very promising, but of course not everything has been redone yet.
I was gonna say that too, except not as exaggerated. Make his skin a little darker.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: