Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FjYrueZ.jpg
Luigi's Mansion, Nintendo's spooky scary IP, now has an Arcade installment called Luigi's Mansion Arcade. The game is made by Capcom and was tested between October 30th and November 3rd - what better time to release it into the wild than the Halloween season, right? The theatre-style cabinet features the iconic Poltergust 5000 vacuum, which is used as a light-gun. It's a bit of a shame that the Arcade era has passed in the West - I would love to try this game out myself, and I'm sure you guys would too!​
The photo above was taken by Twitter user PO121Karma.​
:arrow: Source

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wow this looks way more interesting in its whole perspective than using Oculus glasses for the 3D realism but still.. Nintendo, arcades > Wii U? Now I don't want to turn this into a rant but it feels like they're avoiding to release Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U which I for one have been waiting since January 2014 (curse you and your "confirmation"). I'm sure Luigi's Mansion 2 on the Wii U would sell a lot better than Mario 3D World: Captain Toad DLC oh wait Captain Toad: Tracker Levels.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FjYrueZ.jpg
SNIP . It's a bit of a shame that the Arcade era has passed in the West - I would love to try this game out myself, and I'm sure you guys would too!​
The photo above was taken by Twitter user PO121Karma.​
:arrow: Source

I don't think the arcade era has passed. Its just nobody wants to run an arcade anymore. Theres no example i can think of of an arcade in the last 10 years that failed or went bankrupt. Theoritically an arcade would be an ok business, its just theres more money in other businesses.

There are still NES and Sega genesis and Atari 2600 cartridges being released. And there are still Vinyl records for that matter. It should be the same concept.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the arcade era has passed. Its just nobody wants to run an arcade anymore. Theres no example i can think of of an arcade in the last 10 years that failed or went bankrupt. Theoritically an arcade would be an ok business, its just theres more money in other businesses.

There are still NES and Sega genesis and Atari 2600 cartridges being released. And there are still Vinyl records for that matter. It should be the same concept.
Arcades sort of are still around, places like dave and busters
but actual stand alone arcades places still open are stuff of legend these days
just no one wants to go to one when they have a smartphone in their pockets with hundreads of games, portable gaming devices, tablets, and home consoles
same thing happened to music stores, mp3 players killed them

the old game carts and records still being produced are just mainly made for the hardcore collectors

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn