Hacking LT+ 3.0 Released

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other than the hitachi drives losing original xbox backup capability back with 2.0 (all others should be OK) I do not think this changes anything.

I tend to steer clear of original xbox stuff on a 360 (far easier and ultimately nice to get an original xbox) save for some JTAG stuff and live safe xbox stuff especially at present is not something I can comment on.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than the hitachi drives losing original xbox backup capability back with 2.0 (all others should be OK) I do not think this changes anything.

I tend to steer clear of original xbox stuff on a 360 (far easier and ultimately nice to get an original xbox) save for some JTAG stuff and live safe xbox stuff especially at present is not something I can comment on.
That may be, but I've yet to have any luck in finding an xbox 1 in any shape other than asstastic or abused to hell; usually sporting broken controllers (with no replacements in sight anywhere).

The one Xbox 1 I did purchase was from ebay, and it arrived with a defunct power supply, and at the time I had no way of repairing it, or money to take it in to get serviced by Microsoft. At this point, I doubt they'd even support it anymore.

it's one reason I would rather try to patch/play them on my 360. At least I know that works, and has served me well for over three years now.

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
abgx 1.0.6 is released (you probably know).
It's well handy.

Just flashed my ihas so looking forwards to LT 3.0 with the new abgx and maxburner.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First- thanks dilav.

As for the xbox then yeah I guess I have not really done anything than install XBMC into xboxes stuffed in attics in recent years. I am still not sure but original xbox games were added back in for LT+ 1.1 (the standard DVD9 (full unripped/unmolested title so not 99% of original scene releases) with proper patches) and I am not sure how safe it might be.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, guys, so I am considering getting a hacked box and want to know...

what's the latest Dash that one can have that can still be hacked? and what tools and programs (and cheapest way possible, please) do I need to do the latest hack? I look around and it's absolutely confusing, and it doesn't seem to have all the information gathered in one place anywhere.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A hardware hacked 360 or a flashed 360.

Flashed 360's only allow copied games.
It can be done with your computer and a Sata port.

Hardware hacking can be done with a Zephyr,Falcon,Opus,Jasper,Kronos and Trinity/Velje 360.
Provided that you have an exploitable 2BL.
That requires alot more hardware and allows for Homebrew code to be run.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will spare any talk of profile hacking (including profile sharing), save hacking and more.

JTAG- is and always will be kernel 2.0.7371.0 and not to have seen a repair shop or have been manufactured from mid June of the year it all kicked off.
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dnfmv5h_186pp2zddm and https://docs.google.com/View?id=dnfmv5h_30dw33vpf4

Reset glitch- can be done on any compatible box (most older slims and should be all HDMI capable original style 360s).
Pretty much the same as above as far as software goes but you buy or build a reset glitch chip instead of messing around with JTAG wiring.

DVD is tricky as drives got reflashed with a fairly recent dash update and some of the slim stuff (there are nearly as many drives for the slim as there are for the original style 360) gets a bit tricky if you need to write the drive (see stuff like the kamikaze hack or you can buy in replacement boards/chips). It still amounts to getting the DVD key, building a firmware with said key and flashing that firmware (check discs and isos with ABGX360).
On top of this to burn the newer format discs properly now you will need a special hacked DVD drive aka ihas (fairly common/easy to get your hands on).
To this end we tend to point people at the tutorial for jungleflasher
http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html

The other two things of note are 360 DVD emulators (possibly redundant in light of reset glitch although they can play with live) and standalone DVD flashing tools which can remove issues with sata cards and messing around with installing XP (you can do it on later operating systems or via liveCD/USB but it can be annoying) and drivers.

You might also want to add http://c4evaspeaks.com/ to your bookmarks not to mention it gives a rough overview and you might also want to give http://www.360drives.com/list a quick scan but it is not 100% reliable (some of the later models especially).

If I had to call a given model I would probably want a 8v1 liteon Jasper but those are very rare and other Jasper liteons are just as good if you use the reset glitch to grab DVD keys. Equally I am happy to help with the actual hacks but whether things will see you banned on live I will defer to others (generally keep an eye on news sites including here and make sure your discs are burned and checked with a current version of ABGX360.

Reactions: 1 person

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, guys, I honestly would like to make the most of the hack, I don't care about being banned this'll be on a separate profile on a separate 360 from my main. So yeah, DinohScene, a hardware AND driving flashing mod, I guess?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A hardware hack requires an exploitable 2nd staged Bootloader aka a CB
It can be preformed on every 360 except for Xenon and the latest Corona.

I'm getting a open tray errored 360 soon that I'm going to RGH.
If you're interested I could sell it to you.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
A hardware hack requires an exploitable 2nd staged Bootloader aka a CB
It can be preformed on every 360 except for Xenon and the latest Corona.

I'm getting a open tray errored 360 soon that I'm going to RGH.
If you're interested I could sell it to you.

I'll PM you and talk about it. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi