Low system requirement games.

FortyCal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a laptop that has some OK specs. I need some games that don't need next gen graphics cards / processors. I have Minecraft, and State of Decay (Which SoD runs pretty well). But I need new choices.

I'm Open to anything at this point. Much help is appreciated.
Specs-
Processor AMD C-50 Processor
Manufacturer AMD
Speed 1.0 GHz
Number of Cores 2

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics
Manufacturer ATI
Chipset AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics
Dedicated Memory 256 MB
Total Memory 1.9 GB

Memory 3.8 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 64 Bit
Edition Home Premium

Display Maximum Resolution
1366 x 768

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ha you got the same laptop as me, same specs and all. I managed to get BioShock infinite running on it on medium graphics. Pirate copy of course lack of spec check

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Having decent AMD GPU instead of Intel one helps already. I would say almost any indie game should work with that and then games using source engine.
Pirate copy of course lack of spec check

There's spec check? Even after furious googling I can't find anything. It's also steamworks title so no DRM issues with the game either.
I don't think that many games even have those and if they do they usually just warn you about it, Beyond Good & Evil gives popup that drivers aren't up to date but lets you play. With COD: Ghosts it was lie and they shoved it down with warning which didn't let you to game without modified exe. Only other game that forces it was Prototype which doesn't let me even select correct resolution as it thinks my specs are too low when in fact they are so high check isn't able to detect it.
TL;DR: PC games shouldn't have forced spec check ever and if they do they are doing it wrong.

Bioshock Infinite was pretty decent single player experience so I certainly did support them on that one, one of only games that I actually preordered as there was deal of 25% discount, other preorder extras and 3 other games including XCOM. Burial at sea was surprisingly cheap with season pass.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yeah I later purchased it on my ps3 with the season pass but the first play through was on my laptop.
What I meant by spec check is some games refused to load BioShock included but the hack exe file gets round that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things