Hacking Lots of problems with Wiiflow and USB Loader GX

Alaxendol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help. I want to be able to run some ISOs for some games I own on my Wii U, but I’ve been pretty unsuccessful so far. Here’s how it’s been going:
I’d been trying to get Wiiflow to work on my Wii U’s Virtual Wii, and it worked perfectly at first. Managed to boot up the program, added a couple of games, (Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess, for those wondering.) and then tried opening Twilight Princess first. Waited for about 20-30 seconds, then it showed me a loading bar on the bottom, and when it showed the game, it was Brawl, the game I had in my disc drive at the time.
I exited out of brawl as soon as I could, and tried opening twilight princess again. This time, downright nothing. Black screen. Unplugged and Replugged in my Wii U, went to wiiflow, and tried Super Paper Mario, and I got an Exception Occurred Error. Went back in, and tried Twilight Princess, and the same error showed up.
Looking around a bit online, I found a ‘Solution’ that said to force wiiflow to use ios 249. Did that, pressed B, and a black screen. 20 seconds later, an Exception Occurred Error appeared again, sending me back to homebrew. Every time I tried to open wiiflow after that I got the same exact error. I found out, about 10 minutes later, that I’d forgotten to plug in my hard drive again after needing to unplug it to bypass Wii U formatting. Plugged it in, and got a big, blurry vertical white line halfway between the center and lefthand side of the screen, covering up what looked like 2 errors. I’ll add some images of them later if I need to.
Now to USB Loader GX, and… well, it shows the loading screen and restarts the vWii. That’s it. I can’t find anyone that’s had this problem, and I feel as if my Wii U is completely different from everyone else’s. What should I do, try to fix Wiiflow, or USB Loader GX?

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide to the letter http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/

I think I couldn't get it working first time and gave up, few weeks later had a few beers and gave it another go. Works perfectly now.

I only use USB Loader GX because I like it from the Wii days. This runs games I have backed up from disc as well as those I have copied from PC back up from when I had a Wii.

Alaxendol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried the full vwii softmod, but it didn't really help much. Though, I do remember one of the error messages: no partitions found... Is it not finding my hard drive?

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that happened to me, I tried a different CIOS the non alt one in that guide, I can only use 1 USB port for my vWii usb loading but it works great.

I then managed my drive in WBFS manager and formatted it correctly.

Alaxendol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I forgot to post... I was an idiot and thought the channel forwarders were the homebrew programs themselves. Now that I've added Usb loader gx to homebrew, I've been able to add all my games and play them without a hitch! Thanks! Though, Wiiflow still doesn't work, but Usb loader gx is so good that I don't need Wiiflow. Just 2 more questions, how do I play GameCube games on Usb loader gx wii u version, and what controllers can I use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool