Hacking Looks like DLC is now in BBB's sights New.Super.Mario.Bros.2.Including.10.DLC

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regarding DLC, that would be a bit of a different history, but I don't think it would be impossible.

Perhaps there will be an option in the Gateway menu where you can 'Install DLC (.cia)' -- since GW is in control, it can decide which .cias to whitelist and use it to "install" those it chooses to allow. Those capable of doing all the magic to get around all of that are perfectly capable of installing .cias themselves.

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well let's calm down. I had a bad day and I behaved inappropriately, so I just want to apologize. But please dont call me self entitled ass, I just wanted to show my point of view

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Preservation, which is what the scene is primarily about. People might use these mainly for piracy and free games, but that's not the only reason for the releases.

Lol the scene is not about preservation it's about releasing working games, until the rom collectors got involved and started releasing tons of shit that doesn't work before it's even useful as 'proof of concepts'. That's fine for a few releases but it's certainly not the point of the scene. Think about the wider scene, do groups release films you can't watch? Music you can't listen to? Apps that totally don't run at all? It's only the console scene that's been infested by rom hoarders who want to keep their scene access so release literally whatever they can get their hands on. Try and release a totally non working PC game for the idea of preservation.

Lordjontan is correct they can release whatever they like, but usually when you have something that entirely does not work, there's internal releases for a reason. But they don't like putting what amounts to be a giant 'NOT WORKING' stamp on their releases because they want to give the impression to non-3DS sceners they are actually doing something useful to justify their access to private scene communities. That's why you get so much non-working crap in console sections. The owners of scene FTPs and a lot of sceners often don't understand what is a good or bad release they just see GROUP NAME: NUMBER OF RELEASES and that's all that matters.

Edit: lol i just actually read the nfo. It's kinda like RELOADED having install instruction like; install the game (btw you can't), patch the protection (???), and enjoy! thanks guys!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Tbh I know some scene groups are about preservation but some are more about just releasing what they can like for example bbb's pokemon gameboy VC games, some releases are merely intended to be sort of PoC releases and about giving stuff to people so they have them.to figure stuff out for themselves

I wouldn't complain about a release....just think of it as giving people something to work towards

Reactions: cearp

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think about the wider scene, do groups release films you can't watch? Music you can't listen to? Apps that totally don't run at all? It's only the console scene that's been infested by rom hoarders who want to keep their scene access so release literally whatever they can get their hands on. Try and release a totally non working PC game for the idea of preservation.
he said forgetting the ability to play eshop roms came after eshop dumps were releases. are dumps of windows game broken simply because they don't work on mac? just because you can't install .cia files on your 3ds doesn't mean 3ds releases in cia format are broken/non working.

Reactions: Zidapi

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Look this is simple, does the release work: a straight up NO... that is a nuke in any normal scene.. but the 3DS scene and cart dumping in general has a load of people who want to flood releases out before they even work so they don't need to compete later. The people who can install these things don't need BBB releases do they? If you're releasing non-internal, for the public, why even do it. Just hold it. When they work, you can flood them out then.

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look this is simple, does the release work: a straight up NO... that is a nuke in any normal scene.. but the 3DS scene and cart dumping in general has a load of people who want to flood releases out before they even work so they don't need to compete later. The people who can install these things don't need BBB releases do they? If you're releasing non-internal, for the public, why even do it. Just hold it. When they work, you can flood them out then.
ah that makes so much sense now, BBB should have just waited two weeks longer before releasing the first two eshop dumps, so gateway could release 2.1 omega. yes because the release of eshop roms didn't motivate gateway at all to support them, because they already had planned to support it.

Reactions: tjexp and cearp

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Are you sarcastically implying Gateway is unaware of what features they need to support? Do you seriously think they don't have these kind of files in private to test on.. they just have priorities. They are connected to the release scene you know. They are in total control; BBB isn't pressuring anything, GW will do what they like.

If it makes you feel better you can think that it's causing change just by releasing non working games so people eventually fix them? Sounds like another silly justification to me. BBB got their release, good for them. It's useless though, fact. If the console scene made any sense it's 100% a nuke.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But the release.does.work for people with .cia installation abilities, stuff doesn't get nuked, because it doesn't work for a specific group, it gets nuked if it fake/corrupt, the release is legit, it works for people it was intended to be used by

Reactions: Zidapi

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many different reason for scene groups to release wares: preservation, piracy, sticking it to "the man", the want of running games on different hardware (emulation), distribution to the masses for poor regions or regions that don't get retail releases at all, the feeling of entitlement of information, education, the need of recognition/gratitude, the "game" of being the first to do something/release something, etc.

BTW, internal releases don't necessarily mean it is a broken release. It can simply mean that it isn't "proper" according to scene standards and it would be nuked if it wasn't tagged as internal or that it isn't meant for users that aren't privy to how to use it.

Reactions: Celice

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
So if i release a load of developer signed games that only work for a select private group of people they wouldn't be nuked? Under any sane rules of course they would. The method for playing games is GATEWAY. It does not work ON GATEWAY. Just because some people could run it or do something with it is irrelevant, it's not my fault sad people will sit on IRC unnuking this kind of thing. Those people do not need BBB's help in the first place!

Cracker that is correct which is why it would be internal normally. I'm really not bothered what BBB release but i find it hilarious how a 12 post person immediately came to defend the release. Release what you like. Like when BAHAMUT released hundreds of PS3 games then they were all useless. BBB is eager to release something, anything, but why not slow down and quality control? It also creates more confusion to the enduser.

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if i release a load of developer signed games that only work for a select private group of people they wouldn't be nuked? Under any sane rules of course they would. The method for playing games is GATEWAY. It does not work ON GATEWAY. Just because some people could run it or do something with it is irrelevant, it's not my fault sad people will sit on IRC unnuking this kind of thing. Those people do not need BBB's help in the first place!

Cracker that is correct which is why it would be internal normally. I'm really not bothered what BBB release but i find it hilarious how a 12 post person immediately came to defend the release. Release what you like. Like when BAHAMUT released hundreds of PS3 games then they were all useless. BBB is eager to release something, anything, but why not slow down and quality control? It also creates more confusion to the enduser.
i just find your ability to use logical fallacies to reassure yourself, astonishing. how could i miss such easy prey. but apparently like an asian parent in an argument, you don't know when you've lost.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Except the scene is driven by groups not what people demand.....simple solution, don't.download it, nobody I'd forced to download any release, and for the.record you can convert the cia to cci and use it on gateway....not the dlc though, there is no reason to cry that a release doesn't work for.you, should ssb be nuked because it only works on gateway and not the majority of cards?

It's the 3ds scene not the gateway scene

Reactions: Celice and Zidapi

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
I'm not crying i don't give a shit about the release or playing some crappy add-on levels to an average mario game. I'm not the one reassuring myself here. Anyone who sees this conversation can see why one of you is so interested in defending this.

idunoe: does the release work? No? Thats all that matters to me. This argument keeps coming up in the DS and 3DS scene time and time again. This isn't a PoC release, it's not useful or interesting to coders (you know for a fact thy don't need a group for this content), it's another +1 pre for BBB to make them look better. Along with all the giant useless Demos they release, that already shows the mindset.

Of course SSB shouldn't be nuked it's a world first retail game and it works on the single solution for playing games. The others are clones incase you didn't notice.

You release what you like, I can have my right to say: 'that's pointless'

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm not crying i don't give a shit about the release or playing some crappy add-on levels to an average mario game. I'm not the one reassuring myself here. Anyone who sees this conversation can see why one of you is so interested in defending this.

idunoe: does the release work? No? Thats all that matters to me. This argument keeps coming up in the DS and 3DS scene time and time again. This isn't a PoC release, it's not useful or interesting to coders (you know for a fact thy don't need a group for this content), it's another +1 pre for BBB to make them look better. Along with all the giant useless Demos they release, that already shows the mindset.

Of course SSB shouldn't be nuked it's a world first retail game and it works on the single solution for playing games. The others are clones incase you didn't notice.

You release what you like, I can have my right to say: 'that's pointless'
So long story short if it works for anyone except you....its useless and should be nuked,
If it works for you but not the majority of flashcards it's all good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome