Looking to play GBA, GBC, GB, & NDS games

darktree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to play all GBA, GBC, and GB games on a handheld. I already own a DSi with AceKard 2i. However, the DSi cannot play GBA natively, so I'm left with a couple of options:

A. Buy a GBA SP (model AGS-101 brighter backlit version) + EZ Flash IV (flashkart)

Pros:
-Resolution is exact for GBA, no black box around the side
-Playing games on their original system is boss.
-Can play real, original karts as well

Cons:
-Have to have two systems, more to carry around
-More expensive, I already own a DSi
-Games are not playable on a unified system

OR

B. Don't buy a GBA SP, and instead purchase the iPlayer flashkart for my DSi that has a processor in the kart that can play GBA, GBC, and GB games.

Pros:
-Cheaper, only have to buy the iPlayer flashKart
-Only have to carry around the one DSi.
-save states!

Cons:
-Resolution is not exact, black box around game

Regardless, I will have to carry around two flashkarts no matter what option I choose (unless there is a kart that does it all- NDS, GBA, GBC, and GB, in which case let me know!)

Also, I am aware that through moonshell on my DSi, I can run emulators such as SNES, GB probably, and GBC... I dunno. The SNES emulator I tried sucked... the resolution for SNES exceeds that of a DSi, so gameplay really sucks, and I never found a middleground I liked... and it seemed like the other emulation within moonshell to play GB type games was dodgy.

... any of you do this? Opinions? Recommendations? Know anything about the iPlayer?

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
darktree said:
Didn't know he DSTwo could do it all... and after even MORE research, I see the iPlayer can as well.

The DSTwo has native GBA and SNES emulators, plus a ton of native 3rd partz emulators.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
darktree said:
Didn't know he DSTwo could do it all... and after even MORE research, I see the iPlayer can as well.
Actually as you want to play nds games the SCDS2, EX4i and iSmart MM are your only options as the iPlayer cannot play NDS games. Of these three the SCDS2 has the better GBA emulator and it's own SNES emulator (that cannot be used on any other card) that is better than the SNES emulators for other cards. The SCDS2 is the best card for what you want to do.

darktree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much Buleste, OmegaVesko, & Sop for your information and advice. I think the SCDS2 looks awesome and is probably my best option unless I decide I just want a GBA SP that bad.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSTwo can do all of that, yet I personally still own a DS Lite, so I use a 3-in-one for GBA. Seems to work better.

As for the others
nesDS = NES EMU
Jenisis = Genesis Emu
lameboy = Gameboy Color/Original Emu

Theres many emulators too for everything else you could think of too.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why not buy a PSP? It can emulate those 3 platforms perfectly (except NDS), + can play PSP and PSX games!
And you're much better off with a PSP than with a NDS for any kind of emulation.

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own GBC, GBA SP, DS lite, DSi and PSP. Although I don't own DsTwo I would recommend a real GBA SP.
I have 3 in 1 cart for DS lite but it is somehow little small display(besides its battery is gone now - no more save function).

GBA emulator for PSP is almost perfect but it sill has stretched/scaled graphic that bothers me a little. but its button configuration is more comfortable than a real GBA SP.

My GBA SP is almost perfect but it does not have RTS... that's only thing I miss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome