Hacking Looking to move from rxTools to ReiNand, not sure on the process.

zephor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I'm running rxTools on 9.5 emuNAND, but I'm looking to switch to ReiNand for the reliability and usability. Can't find any guides floating around that guide through the process of switching CFW's. I don't really care about being able to boot both, so I would really just prefer having one.

I also want to make sure that this wont alter any of the installed .cia's or savefiles currently stored on the SD card.

Any help is appreciated ^^

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There aren't any guides, because there's not really a need for it. Reinand's installation is just dragging and dropping of a folder and a few files. Grab 3.2 off https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases and extract the contents of the zip file to your SD card. If you use a boot manager, make sure to edit its config file to look for the Reinand.dat or Reinand.3dsx instead of your RxTools one. After that, make a backup of your emuNAND if you want to be safe, then boot Reinand, go into the system settings (once you're sure you're in emuNAND, or look for the "Rei" string in the version info) and update to 10.5. Now you have Reinand plus the latest firmware.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: