Hacking Looking for the most current way to update a softmod?

truckerbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im wondering if someone can point me to the most current way to update my softmod to include Wiiflow 4.2.1 and VC games? I modded my kids Wii probably 5+ years ago, and my youngest is on a retro kick, and Im realizing a ton has changed. Im reading through everything here, and the info is slightly confusing.
So far, I have downloaded ModMii, wiiFlow 4.2.1, d2x-v10-beta52-vwii and d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii (from the wiiflow wiki page).
Neek, EmuNand, and everything else is just foreign to me, so Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the HBC, install d2x v8 or v10-beta52 as IOS249[56], IOS250[57] and (optionally) IOS251[58]. That's all you need. Most games should work on 56. Some, like Just Dance series and the Call of Duty games need 57. Hardly anything will need 58.

truckerbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've got that working, and Wiiflow set up. Is this thread still the best way to set up VC games? Grrr, cant post links yet.
Anyway, it is titled EmuNand and Neek2o Made Easy in the backup loaders sub board?

Sirscotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the HBC, install d2x v8 or v10-beta52 as IOS249[56], IOS250[57] and (optionally) IOS251[58]. That's all you need. Most games should work on 56. Some, like Just Dance series and the Call of Duty games need 57. Hardly anything will need 58.

I am having a problem with Abba - You can Dance.... Tried it on three different Wii's and all three do the same thing. Game starts to load, and all lights on controller go out. Push any button, they all flash blue and will not reconnect. Game gets to the Warning screen, then when it starts to load the game, goes black, and that is it. Tried it with every IOS available in both WiiFlow and USB Loader GX. Even read somewhere to force NTSC video. Tried that too. No go. Three Wii's are a white 4.2U, Black 4.3U and a white 4.3U. HELP!!!

EDIT: Turned out to be a bad dump. When Just Dance 17 played fine, I re-dumped Abba from my personal collection and all is well. :)

Last edited by Sirscotty,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is