Hacking Looking for some help from a dev on game mod

jeff7360

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have been working with another fellow on removing the censorship and restoring missing voices to Criminal Girls: Invite Only. We collaborated with the Steam modding community for the PC version and have made some headway, but have run into a bit of a snag with some missing voices.

Some audio was removed from the mini game in the US release due to there not being any text translations to go along with it. We would like to restore these audio tracks but it seems there is something in the code preventing them from working. The audio, as far as well can tell, is present it just isnt being used. The Steam modders have a working proof of concept, but it is windows specific. We are hoping one of the great devs out there might like to take on the challenge and help us with this game mod.

Let us know if you are and we can provide more info.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have been working with another fellow on removing the censorship and restoring missing voices to Criminal Girls: Invite Only. We collaborated with the Steam modding community for the PC version and have made some headway, but have run into a bit of a snag with some missing voices.

Some audio was removed from the mini game in the US release due to there not being any text translations to go along with it. We would like to restore these audio tracks but it seems there is something in the code preventing them from working. The audio, as far as well can tell, is present it just isnt being used. The Steam modders have a working proof of concept, but it is windows specific. We are hoping one of the great devs out there might like to take on the challenge and help us with this game mod.

Let us know if you are and we can provide more info.
Oh snap, you are one of the people i heard about from this video? Good luck with that, i hope you and anyone else can do it. :)

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh snap, you are one of the people i heard about from this video? Good luck with that, i hope you and anyone else can do it. :)

Yes Jeff and I looked into this about 4 or 5 months ago. Together we managed to do a few small things (UI swaps and such) and we had speculated on the smoke removal. At the time I grew frustrated due to what I believed to be the biggest problem, which was coding in the US eboot.

Fast forward a few months to now and the Steam modders have taken what Jeff and I originally speculated on about the smoke and proven that speculation to be fact (Jeff has even gotten it to work on the Vita). The biggest challenge facing us and the steam modders now is the voice restoration. The steam guys have a pretty good workaround in place but it is Windows specific and cannot be used with the Vita version. What we're looking for is a dev who is willing to work on finding a way to implement the Windows specific workaround or something similar as it's outside mine and Jeff's expertise.

So if someone is interested in trying let us know please.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, sorry i don't know much about this game except the censorship that gets mentioned from time to time... and about 20 boring minutes i spent playing the Japanes psp game which i didn't do much since i dunno japanese. :P

But i hope you do manage to get help and fix the problem you are having and restore the censorship. I think the fact that this is being done with the publisher concent and the working community is great news for things to come, and support it. :)

I dunno how much different the game is from the psp game i tried compared to vita or steam but is probably good just i couldn't play much since i can't read japanese. Also wonder why it take so long for a international release from a psp game port. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1