Looking for laptop that can play CS:GO

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Potato hoarder, Jan 5, 2017.

Jan 5, 2017
  1. raystriker

Member raystriker Computer Hardware Enthusiast

India
    I'm guessing atmost a month.
    "Final pricing will vary by laptop, but broadly speaking, NVIDIA expects GTX 1050 for Laptops equipped systems to start at $699."
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10980/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gtx-1050-for-laptops
    Yes.
    In fact I have an i5 6200U with a GT940M with 8GB ram, I can vouch that CS;Go works fine. But I think you should at least get the GTX950M, not 940MX. And of course, GTX1050 laptops are recommended, if possible.
    Why?
    Apart from average fps or lows and highs, there is a concept of frame time is very important. Have a look-
    I'm 9000% positive that it's very important, especially in games like CS:GO that require amazing reflexes. Accordingly, a GTX1050/Ti laptop will do much better than the GTX960m and below.

2. Potato hoarder
    OP

Member Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Canada
    Thanks for your response! Looks like I learn something new everyday. I suffer from frame drops on my current PC (Mac) and avoid a few maps because of it. Lost too many fights because of it.

I would like to avoid spending much more as I'd like to end up getting a desktop in a few years. Unless other people with this setup are experiencing frame drops, I wouldn't like to spend more.

I tried to look for benchmarks with 1 and 0.1% lows but couldn't find anything. Are you sure I need to upgrade it to avoid this?

3. raystriker

Member raystriker Computer Hardware Enthusiast

India
    It's not necessary, but 1% and 0.1% lows do matter on precision based games. The 1050 offers more consistent frames than the 960 m and below. Think of avg fps as your download speed and 0.1 and 1% lows as your ping.
    You don't necessarily need to get a GTX1050 laptop, but I'd recommend a GTX950m laptop at least. And a gtx1050 laptop if possible.

Last edited by raystriker, Jan 5, 2017
  4. gnmmarechal

Member gnmmarechal Priest of Crystaltheglaceonism | Stalker of Seriel

Portugal
    I suppose that could do.

5. mgrev

Member mgrev Legit Gladiator

Norway