Hacking looking for help

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a toshiba canvio connect and have ordered a y cable so I can use it on my wiiu but so far on my wii I have been having issues with the drive going to sleep iv tried hdpram, ashampoo, and crystal drive none of them seem to manage anything I get weird errors from hdpram, ashampoo says it succeeds in changing settings but they never do change and crystal drive never gets the apparent changes I'm going to make to change in the gui to show what they will be anyone else use this kind of drive and manage to get it to work normally? I can disconnect it from the system after loading usb loader gx from hbc then connect when it trys to init drive and it works fine, do same with nintendont and it works till the drive idles, wii games that I have work so far cept metroid prime triology when I try to load into a game but I might not be using correct settings or something

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i tried hdpram and from what i could see\read it only patches the computer, not the drive.. i can be mistaken but i remember this reference somewhere on the website...

how about seagate tools?

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried anything from seagate since my external is from toshiba and didn't even really think about using someone elses stuff, ill have to download it when I get the chance, still looking for more help iv read around that toshiba does a terrible job with their externals sleep settings

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Haven't tried anything from seagate since my external is from toshiba and didn't even really think about using someone elses stuff, ill have to download it when I get the chance, still looking for more help iv read around that toshiba does a terrible job with their externals sleep settings

after having a toshiba laptop, i can asure you toshiba is a brand that i want to stay away.

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that seems to be the case I plan on taking it back and getting a wd external I think iv read on here that some people use it so it seems that would be a safer bet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.