Hacking Looking for help with my R4i Gold card

Raws_Universe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I am new to this site as a member though I have used GBATemp throughout the years for homebrew and other applications.

Well here is my dilemma.

SO a long time ago I bought an R4i Gold Revolution for DS.
At the time it was meant for DSI and had the "game icon" as Starwars Force Unleashed.
I have it working and everything but I am still having problems with some of the roms not executing properly and stalling on the white screen.
I am using a DS lite.
Like I said thought it is fully working minus some roms. My issue is that I want the newest wood and cheat.dat/usrcheat.dat files and when I add them to my cart it no longer runs. The official site I used in the past for firmware updates seems to not exist anymore?

IS there anywhere I can get some functioning up to date firmware for this cart?
or is my best bet to just stick with my current setup?

Raws_Universe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh just mixed some firmware files and it looks like its my DS_Menu.dat file that makes it work.
When I power on the DSL my theme is gone but it reads Mars English Version v1.03.

arcticmonkeys

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i think i own the same card you do. is the website by any chance r4igold.cn? i'm completely lost. i have no clue what to do, i can't find a kernel that works with my card. i'm gonna cry brb

Raws_Universe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah actually I believe that was the site.
I still have working files, I just want more up to date ones.
Do you want me to send you my current setup to see if that works on your cart.

Raws_Universe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far on the ive found that for my flash cart to function properly and themed it requires these files.
_System_ and sub folders Resources and Themes. This is where the usrcheat.dat file is kept as well.
_DS_MENU.DAT(filesize is 3,695kb as apposed to all "updated" firmwares/kernals I've downloaded being 300kb - 500kb)
_DS_MENU.SYS
and maybe MOONSHL and Moonshl2 folders as well as the _DS_MSHL.nds files.

with all of that is anyone able to tell me which cart I have and whether I have the most up to date files I can have?

My usrcheat.dat file doesnt have cheats for the games I actually play. Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon SS etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."