Looking for a Good GameCube Controller.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any suggestions of were to get a good GameCube controller? I don't want to spend money on some trash off brand. But i also don't want to cough up 70 bucks for one off amazon. Any suggestions?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either buy an official one off amazon, or buy a 3rd party one. Those are your only 2 options. Id recommend the Japanese white GC controller as the wire is twice as long as a normal one.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either buy an official one off amazon, or buy a 3rd party one. Those are your only 2 options. Id recommend the Japanese white GC controller as the wire is twice as long as a normal one.
Thats nice. I need a long wire due to the way my system is set up.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got some of these the cords are very short and they dont feel as good as the originals but the shape is exact, i doubt they'll live longer than a month each but considering they cost the same for 12 as what you can get one official for right now it might be the best choice
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Cont...631312?hash=item41adda2e50:g:~tcAAOSwRQlXeoAl
ttx brand, clear feels better than the rest for some reason texture wise.
just buy one or four to hold you over until nintendo rereleases the official ones for $25 again

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got some of these the cords are very short and they dont feel as good as the originals but the shape is exact, i doubt they'll live longer than a month each but considering they cost the same for 12 as what you can get one official for right now it might be the best choice
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Cont...631312?hash=item41adda2e50:g:~tcAAOSwRQlXeoAl
just buy one or four to hold you over until nintendo rereleases the official ones for $25 again
The cords are so short that even if i got a long adapter it would be awkward... But overall i may get them. Or just accept my fate and but a expensive official one.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cords are so short that even if i got a long adapter it would be awkward... But overall i may get them. Or just accept my fate and but a expensive official one.
yeah you'll have to get either extension cords or a super long usb to plug into the adapter if you are using it on wii u or nintendo switch.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Those are probably not going to last more than a week if he's a competitive Smash player. My cousin has some that look exactly the same and the sticks broke almost immediately.
Anyone have any suggestions of were to get a good GameCube controller? I don't want to spend money on some trash off brand. But i also don't want to cough up 70 bucks for one off amazon. Any suggestions?
Man GC controllers have skyrocketed in price, I got a few brand new for only $20 each a couple years before Sm4sh released.
If this is for use on Wii/Wii U the Hori Battle Pad is supposed to be good, it works as a Classic Controller so you'll need to connect it to a Wiimote (and use Nintendont if you're playing GC games with it)
Hori usually makes good stuff.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are probably not going to last more than a week if he's a competitive Smash player. My cousin has some that look exactly the same and the sticks broke almost immediately.

Man GC controllers have skyrocketed in price, I got a few brand new for only $20 each a couple years before Sm4sh released.
If this is for use on Wii/Wii U the Hori Battle Pad is supposed to be good, it works as a Classic Controller so you'll need to connect it to a Wiimote (and use Nintendont if you're playing GC games with it)
Hori usually makes good stuff.
all offbrand controllers look the same there are at least three different manufactures most are terrible though.
normally i'd say $100 for a real gamecube controller is probably worth it but it would suck for him to pay $100 now only to have them rerelease and be $25 again next week.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd go for an original NGC controller (even for a second hand one), they are more reliable and last more that those crappy offbranded.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Foxchild

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.gamestop.com/gc/accessories/nintendo-gamecube-controller/131394

Bought one about a month ago, seems to work fine. Top half was the blue/purple color, bottom half was clear on mine, but you don't get to pick the color.
How long is the controller you got's cord? I have a odd ball setup and need a longest one. And if its not to long I goitta hunt for a GameCube adapter with a long cord. And something I forgot to ask; that controller you got. Is it a official Nintendo one? I'm not aware of any official clear GameCube controllers.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn