Hacking Long time softmod Wii...needs updating, whats the best way?

bulletbutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.associatedcontent.com
XP
Country
United States
I've pretty much had my Wii modded since the whole thing started and over the years I've updated it several times. For one reason or another, some of my games no longer load when I try to load them through one of my USB loaders. So I guess that means its time for me to update again.

Should I just use ModMii to get everything updated or just grab the most recent IOS and instal through WadManager?

Also, is the homebrew browser still alive and functioning? Either my net is being fickle or the download page on wiibrew is down.

Oh, and I've mainly been using Configurable USB loader and/or WiiFlow....anyone have suggestions for a different/nice looking loader?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pretty much had my Wii modded since the whole thing started and over the years I've updated it several times. For one reason or another, some of my games no longer load when I try to load them through one of my USB loaders. So I guess that means its time for me to update again.

Should I just use ModMii to get everything updated or just grab the most recent IOS and instal through WadManager?

Also, is the homebrew browser still alive and functioning? Either my net is being fickle or the download page on wiibrew is down.

Oh, and I've mainly been using Configurable USB loader and/or WiiFlow....anyone have suggestions for a different/nice looking loader?

I just got 4 new wii's over the weekend (original one wouldn't even power on any longer, and got 4 for the price of 1!) and followed this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

I'd recommend updating your Wii FW to 4.3, system format and then follow that guide from scratch. Basically all that needs done is installation of the HB channel, installation of USB Loader GX, installation of DiosMios, ???, profit! I'm not sure of any other apps you may have, but for core softmod functionality that will get you what you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed