XP
Country
Canada

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a WII U Kiosk console it has a few demos on it now but I would like to add as many as possiable does anyone know how I can do this.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Congratulations on buying Nintendo's property! These get updated one of two ways: over WiFi and via Nintendo update disc. When over WiFi, it is directly from Ninty. These cannot play retail games. Good luck in using this completely wasteless paperweight!

Conker69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congratulations on buying Nintendo's property! These get updated one of two ways: over WiFi and via Nintendo update disc. When over WiFi, it is directly from Ninty. These cannot play retail games. Good luck in using this completely wasteless paperweight!

It's a great piece for my collection and was well worth the $350 I paid for it. Just because you don't collect kiosk units doesn't make this useless it's a piece of nintendos history and will have a great place in my collection for many years to come.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a great piece for my collection and was well worth the $350 I paid for it. Just because you don't collect kiosk units doesn't make this useless it's a piece of nintendos history and will have a great place in my collection for many years to come.

You're completely missing the points here. 1. it is Nintendo's property, not yours. Regardless of which third party sold it to you, it was never owned by them nor you. They had a license agreement to have it in their store, but they never owned it. At any time in the future, Nintendo could seize this back from you with a simple court order. If they do that, you paid $350 for a giant headache and possible legal battle. The more you publicize that you own one, the more likely it is that Nintendo will want it back.

The only demo updates come from Nintendo. You'd have to get your hands on the WiFi install packages or update discs to do this. Update discs are not console specific, so they would work on any demo unit. As long as Nintendo doesn't blacklist your demo unit, you should be able to still retrieve updates, if any are being sent (doubtful we'll see any more at this point, with the possible exception of Zelda if demo NX units don't make it to stores in time).

So yeah, regardless of me collecting demo units or not, this was possibly the worst purchase decision you have made, mainly because you don't own it.

Conker69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@OrGoN3

I'm pretty sure retailers have to purchase these units from Nintendo and can do whatever they want with them. I asked a simple question if anyone new how to add demos to the console. Then you go off saying Nintendos going to come after me over a console that's at the end of it's lifecycle. I doubt they even care there are far more then one of these consoles in people's hands right now and I'm pretty sure Nintendo has better things to do then waste their time coming after me over this.

Last edited by Conker69,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3

I'm pretty sure retailers have to purchase these units from Nintendo and can do whatever they want with them. I asked a simple question if anyone new how to add demos to the console. Then you go off saying Nintendos going to come after me over a console that's at the end of it's lifecycle. I doubt they even care there are far more then one of these consoles in people's hands right now and I'm pretty sure Nintendo has better things to do then waste their time coming after me over this.

Nope. You are incorrect. Retailers do NOT purchase these. They remain Nintendo's property the entire time.

Please stop twisting my words to fit your story. I did not say Ninty was definitely, positively, 100% going to come after you, and I never commented on the console's lifecycle. I said they can come after you to take back their property, and that the more you advertise that you have it, the more likely they are to want it back. Nintendo cares very much about their property. Even demo carts are their property and are supposed to be sent back after use.

You asked how to get more demos. I told you the two methods of obtaining demos. I also told you that demos are not tied to any specific demo unit and can be used on any demo unit, so if you happen to find any of the discs, you would be able to use them. The only issue that stems from that is if the disc has an older system firmware, then I would doubt it would install the demo from it, as it is a system update disc, not a demo update disc.

That pretty much should clear the air for you as to how to obtain demos. As you should already know, retail games will not work on demo units, so you can't go that route. The above methods are the only ways. So I am unsure as to how you don't think I answered your question. I also was kind enough to provide you with information regarding who owns your device: Nintendo, not you. And again, no, Nintendo is not guaranteed to reclaim their property back from you, but they can, and you should be aware of that.

Lastly, the company/person that sold you this unit broke the law, and sold you something they do not own. Do what you want with that knowledge.

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting thing about this units, they are slightly longer buy almost 2". I was talking a rep while he was installing one and I think he might have said they have a HD in them. I'm really curious what happens on that extra USB port and SSW, although that's probably surround sound.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
interesting thing about this units, they are slightly longer buy almost 2". I was talking a rep while he was installing one and I think he might have said they have a HD in them. I'm really curious what happens on that extra USB port and SSW, although that's probably surround sound.
There're two kinds of kiosk versions. One with built in HDD (you can see it when the front USB ports are blocked. the internal HDD is connected to them). And one without additional storage.

t5X1lA2.jpg

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wtf is going on in this thresd, the OP is literally just asking a question and your completely taking this thread off topic, so leave the OP alone and let him do what he wants. oh and i don't think Nintendo care about a wii u demo console
OrGoN3's posts are on-topic, but I agree that the topic should now be dropped. He has posted enough about the legal side of things and it's entirely up to the OP decide what to do with this unit.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You are incorrect. Retailers do NOT purchase these. They remain Nintendo's property the entire time.

Please stop twisting my words to fit your story. I did not say Ninty was definitely, positively, 100% going to come after you, and I never commented on the console's lifecycle. I said they can come after you to take back their property, and that the more you advertise that you have it, the more likely they are to want it back. Nintendo cares very much about their property. Even demo carts are their property and are supposed to be sent back after use.

You asked how to get more demos. I told you the two methods of obtaining demos. I also told you that demos are not tied to any specific demo unit and can be used on any demo unit, so if you happen to find any of the discs, you would be able to use them. The only issue that stems from that is if the disc has an older system firmware, then I would doubt it would install the demo from it, as it is a system update disc, not a demo update disc.

That pretty much should clear the air for you as to how to obtain demos. As you should already know, retail games will not work on demo units, so you can't go that route. The above methods are the only ways. So I am unsure as to how you don't think I answered your question. I also was kind enough to provide you with information regarding who owns your device: Nintendo, not you. And again, no, Nintendo is not guaranteed to reclaim their property back from you, but they can, and you should be aware of that.

Lastly, the company/person that sold you this unit broke the law, and sold you something they do not own. Do what you want with that knowledge.
Why are you making such a big deal about this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr