• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

scorpweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey all,

i'm loading the website loadiine.ovh and then into the loadiine GX2 launcher and just get a black screen on the TV and gamepad.

have i missed a step that i should have done first?

homebrew launcher, wupinstaller etc. all work fine it just seems to be loadiine gx2 so i'm guessing i'm missing something thanks so much :)

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I was wondering if this program was still being worked on. The last nightly build I see on github is almost a year old. If I remember correctly, I believe that once the Brazilian Method came out for installing games that Loadiine was kind of abandoned. Is that correct? Even though I am installing all my games via the Brazilian Method, I like the way Loadiine looks and would rather launch all my games through it. Not sure if this is possible but would I be able to install all my games via the Brazilian Method to my Wii U USB drive, have them all show up in Loadiine (just because I like how it looks), and when I launch the game have it launch and play like normal (as if I launched it from the Wii U Homescreen)? I remember USB Loader GX for the Wii was kind of like that where I could have all my WiiWare and Virtual Console games installed on my NAND show up and launch them from there. Thank you.

Reactions: Drak0rex

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a loadiin file in the code/content/meta folder format can it be used to install to USB on a CFW WiiU? If so, how? I've never used this file format before and have no idea how to install or launch and I'd prefer that it not require that it remains stored on my SD card.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii U on 5.5.1, and I have a retail Smash Bros for Wii U disc. I try to load Mario Kart 8 using Smash Bros mode, but after I try to load it, it tries to update my Wii U. I don't want to update to 5.5.2 and loose homebrew capability.

What can I do?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have multiple instances of loadiine (by editing the config files so they write to different places) and contain launchers that launch between them? Thought it might be a neat way to separate your titles into categories (vc titles by system, genre, etc.) Just a random idea I had.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to have multiple instances of loadiine (by editing the config files so they write to different places) and contain launchers that launch between them? Thought it might be a neat way to separate your titles into categories (vc titles by system, genre, etc.) Just a random idea I had.

I asked years ago for multiple carousels like in wiiflow, but it never happened. This could definitely happen, but its would be better within one launcher imho.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked years ago for multiple carousels like in wiiflow, but it never happened. This could definitely happen, but its would be better within one launcher imho.
my thought was with multiple launchers in each loader, it would function similar to wiiflow's source menu.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my thought was with multiple launchers in each loader, it would function similar to wiiflow's source menu.
You mean like:

Open loadiine1 > go to loadiine2/3/4 (ie: loadiine2 = purely n64 injects, loadiine3 = purely snes injects, loadiine4 = wii u games etc etc > each one has option to go back to loadiine1 as main launcher?

It's a reasonable concept, but could that be done within a fork of loadiine?

You could simply show/hide categorical games.
Have a favorites "STAR" to make your own carousel of ones you want to find and play quickly.
Filter all/injects/by console/genre etc.
Self contained.

I think perhaps too few people care about loadiine any more :(

@masqchips @Maschell @Yardape8000 etc is any of this possible as a useful modification?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see Loadiine updated to have multiple categories/filters, be able to launch homebrew apps, and read games off the nand/usb, basically have similar functionality to that of wiiflow.

Reactions: KiiWii

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made multiple loadiines by hex editing the elf (change loadiine_gx2 to loadiine_gxa, loadiine_gxb, loadiine_gxc...) but to switch, I had to exit to HBL.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I made multiple loadiines by hex editing the elf (change loadiine_gx2 to loadiine_gxa, loadiine_gxb, loadiine_gxc...) but to switch, I had to exit to HBL.
Yep pretty much what i have done too. I think as long as you hex edit with keeping the same amount of characters so it doesn't increase in size you could do as many as you like. I have different versions that look for different game and save folders using different named elfs by simple hex editing. I use this mainly for official vc titles so a different version for each system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night