Loadiine GX2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Cyan, Feb 5, 2016.

Loadiine GX2

by Cyan Feb 5, 2016 at 8:31 PM 1,644,223 Views 5,952 replies
  1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    is there a way to use loadiine with usb?

2. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Create a /usr folder on a FAT32-formatted USB stick/drive, copy your /wiiu folder from your SD to the USB stick/drive, and run the FAT32 pre-release of Mocha to mount that as if it were your SD.

3. Kladde

Kladde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    Install you mean into the wiiu memory? Or usb? Because my wiiu has not so much memory left.

4. LastCupOfSorrow

LastCupOfSorrow This is getting old and so are you.

Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    Is there an ETA on this? Will you be making a new thread to share your results?

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Not a huge fan of CFW and I like what the browser exploit has to offer by being temporary. The CFW way also, seemingly, does not offer any sort of awesome loader GUI like WiiFlow or USBLoaderGX.

In my eyes, Loadiine is not outdated if it had proper implementation through USB and would indeed be far superior to the cumbersome of downloading games, installing tickets, connecting to Nintendo's servers, installing CFW, etc, etc.

With Loadiine, go to browser, load Loadiine, play game and Nintendo is none the wiser and my system goes back to normal when I shut it off to protect my warranty and purchase.

Some of you dragging Loadiine through the mud may not care about these things, but a lot of us do, especially collectors.

CFW and Brazilian method are not superior to an amazing, organized loader and no amount of nonsensical trashtalk will change that.

If there is a loader being used through CFW then I will happily eat my words and admit I was wrong with a smile on my face.

Last edited by LastCupOfSorrow, Feb 28, 2017
  5. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    Even with proper implementation, there is 20 000 files on the BOTW update only, so only 2gb, assuming the same structures, that makes 120 000 files to load the full game,
    loading the game normal maybe take 1/4 of the game for the long draw distance and stuff, there is really people that think a SD with fat32 will handle that many operations as the same level as int memory or ext HDD ?
    Theses people need to be realistic, Loadiine was a good first draft for backup loading waiting for better implementation (like native game loading as we have now from the WiiU menu with the disc tickets), give a REAL good reason to keep on caring for loadiine ? We have DLCs, online support, USB loading, cheats with TCP gecko IIRC, why bothering with loadiine ? Why ?

Both, WUP installer ask you where do you want to install.

Last edited by nolimits59, Feb 28, 2017
  6. toy57

toy57 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    France
    Hi, the download link on github don't work, can someone help me please ?

7. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Per their twitter, Github is working on it.

8. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2004
    Mexico
    today i installed haxchi and CBHC without problems, I also installed the homebrew launcher channel, and now if I try to open loadiine from the homebrew launcher channel it only takes me back to the homebrew launcher menu, why is this happening? how can i fix this?

9. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Either. (USB meaning a Wii U formatted drive)

10. titaniuml

titaniuml Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    Guys, I'm still using loadiine and have both Zelda BOTW and the update folder done. Opened loadiine and it's been "creating filelist.txt" for an hour and still going. Is this normal? When will this be over?

EDIT: 4300 currently and counting, lol.

Last edited by titaniuml, Mar 1, 2017
  11. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
  12. titaniuml

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
  13. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I'm not 100%, but you might want to take a nap. I think maybe the entire file length (9,000+/11,000+ with update.) If you know how long 4,000 entries took, add that to your life. Maybe a little more.

Honestly, loading with WUPinstaller took about 15-20 mins; loading a GB took about a minute.

14. titaniuml

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    Ugh... Looks like I'm waiting another hour or two.

This is the first time I update a game so I didn't know it takes this long. Usually all my other games load quick, almost instant, obviously not updated.

15. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @titaniuml
    I saw a few people talking about the loading time after "Open your eyes..."

That was enough of an eye-opener.

On the upside, now you know about WUPinstaller. Sadly, the Loadiine method is going to be painful. Even worse when you actually play the game. But learning to walk, ride a bike, or climb a tree were painful lessons, too--and just like those lessons, this is totally worth it.

16. titaniuml

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    In all honesty I'm hesitant. So far loadiine has been a breeze and and the moment I switch off the Wii U and take the SD card out my Wii U is hack free again. I actually like that. Feels safer. But I am really tempted to get an external and do the installation method.

12200 entries and counting! :D

Lol when's this going to end.......

What are these entries anyway?

Last edited by titaniuml, Mar 1, 2017
  17. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @titaniuml
    I'm pretty sure the thread I linked you a few posts ago will teach you the alternative of haxchi. It's actually really simple and there are benefits. You can also unplug your drives to restore Wii U to a "natural state."

Well, if you installed the update as well as the game at the same time, you might be in for a 1,000-2,800 more files. Just a guess, though.

Unless it's 40,000 files, which could happen; I've seen that number posted around before.

18. titaniuml

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    Yeah I'll look into it and see how friendly it is.

40,000.... please no... :wtf:

19. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
  20. titaniuml

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015