Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "zxr" sources was never released and the author decided to keep it private instead of sharing it. he preferred to remove his compiled version link instead of sharing sources to help the community.
So we have to re-add the fixes he did (3.1.x support mainly), and few improvement like seeing the correct eManual/game icon in the home menu.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the "zxr" sources was never released and the author decided to keep it private instead of sharing it. he preferred to remove his compiled version link instead of sharing sources to help the community.
So we have to re-add the fixes he did (3.1.x support mainly), and few improvement like seeing the correct eManual/game icon in the home menu.
Oh well that's okay.
It was mentioned before that Dimok or someone else had /meta/ folder redirection planned right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, dimok found that the folder could be redirected before mounting the game.
I don't remember who worked on it recently (Maschell/Nighty/DIbas?).

I didn't follow what happened the last 2 months, I should read the backlogs on IRC :P

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes, dimok found that the folder could be redirected before mounting the game.
I don't remember who worked on it recently (Maschell/Nighty/DIbas?).

I didn't follow what happened the last 2 months, I should read the backlogs on IRC :P
Oh cool!
I'd like to see that feature implemented into Loadiine. :)
Maybe it could even bring online play into Loadiine too, I'm not sure if the server data is located in the meta folder itself or if something from the game files could be needing something from said folder to enter online.
Maybe I'm just talking random crap, but who knows?

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, I downloaded and tried the ZXR version before the author delete the link, and I must say that in my Wii U 5.5.1U did not work the game icon or the correct eManual.
I literally found no improvements over the GX2 version, at least for me. The user @a.zimmerer had reported in a previous post (#5045) that they actually worked, but I think he used a older version of system menu (5.3.2 or earlier).

Last edited by gburgue,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So I've noticed that some games will only not hang if their updates are merged with their main files, not stored in the update folder. Why is that so? Would it be more beneficial to merge updates even on games that load fine with the updates being in their own folder? And another strange thing is that games load much faster in another user profile on the same Wii U. Anything I can do to speed up the slower one?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I downloaded and tried the ZXR version before the author delete the link, and I must say that in my Wii U 5.5.1U did not work the game icon or the correct eManual.
I literally found no improvements over the GX2 version, at least for me. The user @a.zimmerer had reported in a previous post (#5045) that they actually worked, but I think he used a older version of system menu (5.3.2 or earlier).
i can comfirm that the icons and manual did not worked for me either on 5.5.1 using ZXR. And the user who report it working i don't think he ever shown a screenshot or video of it working so we don't really have any proof of that feature even existing.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So trying to find something out ..
Can loadine WiiU play Wii iSO
(the WiiU Eshop does have Wii games) if so how ?
(Does there need to be Wii injects for this to happen?)
You know how the Exploit goes away when you turn off the console? Well the way those Wii game work is when you run them the Wii U pretty much resets itself to boot the vwii pretty much getting rid of the exploit in the process which makes it imposible to dump those Wii games with something like DDD and thus cannot been played with Loadiine. So the only way to run Wii isos on the Wii U is by softmoding the Vwii like we did with the regular Wii.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how the Exploit goes away when you turn off the console? Well the way those Wii game work is when you run them the Wii U pretty much resets itself to boot the vwii pretty much getting rid of the exploit in the process which makes it imposible to dump those Wii games with something like DDD and thus cannot been played with Loadiine. So the only way to run Wii isos on the Wii U is by softmoding the Vwii like we did with the regular Wii.

Aww man ..trying to get a hold of a game to do the homebrew wont happen ..
I still cant understand why letterbomb wont work on Vwii but ok well there goes loadline Wii thanks for answering ..

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Hey guys,

Just a quick update on the whole manual thing. I indeed managed to redirect the game manual (as a poc, not fully implemented) so the correct one could be loaded, however after discussing it with the other devs, we decided not to implement it for now.

The reason is that it is currently not possible to access files on the sd card through the home menu (missing IOSU permissions) so we would have to copy the game manual before starting a game in Loadiine to a temporary folder onto the internal flash drive to make it work.

With that approach a few problems arise, such as

a) significantly longer game loading times (SMM's manual is around 80MB, for example, that would have to be copied on each launch) and most importantly

b) lots of unnecessary write cycles on NAND. It's not meant to be used as a temporary file storage, and honestly, I wouldn't want to be responsible for any NANDs slowly degrading because of such a tiny feature.

I saw this question coming up quite often, so I hope this clears up any misconceptions. As long as an alternative approach to copying to NAND does not appear (On-the-fly replacement in memory does not seem feasible due to wildly varying file sizes and a few other things) it will stay the way it is at the moment.

Thanks for reading!
-dibas

Last edited by dibas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.