• Views 2,472,667
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

wiiman.au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like its still a while before the Wii U will be fully hacked and able to run games from a HDD like the vWii side

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Johnnypvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, New to Wii U hacking. I've got all the loadiine, homebrew, ddd working and play with sm4sh mods.

But I do not know how to get padcon working from Dibas. His github link is down and the only downloads I find are source code zips which I lack the knowledge of to work with :(.
(For those who don't know what padcon is: It's the hack/mod that lets you turn off your gamepad screen with the right analog stick while still able to use it as a controller. This will save battery life and electricity costs.)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, New to Wii U hacking. I've got all the loadiine, homebrew, ddd working and play with sm4sh mods.

But I do not know how to get padcon working from Dibas. His github link is down and the only downloads I find are source code zips which I lack the knowledge of to work with :(.

The padcon feature was added to loadiine on March 1, and builds since May have the setting in the game setting part of the gui.

Reactions: Johnnypvt

lukaschmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tried the latest three versions of Loadiine, and it seems that when I try to run Smash Bros. through Smash Bros. mode, the wii U just kicks off the video and doesn't do anything. Usually when it blackscreens, the video is still feeding to the tv, but this legitimately cuts the HDMI out when trying to run it.
Super Smash Bros. in mii maker mode is unchanged in all three versions, and works normally.

My main reason for running this is if mods were released for DLC characters, since I have Lucas and Mewtwo on Smash Bros, and can't use them in mii maker mode.

Wii U version: 5.5.1
Super Smash Bros version: 1.1.6 Eshop edition
Loadiine versions: 39c1591, 69fa0c0, 16c5045

Loadiine 0dffac5 also doesn't work- but it gives a memory error: 160-2203. I can't tell if this is 'fixed' in later versions as the console just cuts out HDMI and blacks out the gamepad. But either way, it doesn't work.
I have exactly the same problem, is this a bug?

Johnnypvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@nexusmtz @dibas Thanks for the heads up. I should have looked at the options before. Got it working now but only for the games on Loadiine. Is there any possible way to use padcon for a physical game, so outside of Loadiine? I was planning on having padcon for sm4sh since we don't have enough GC controllers and wanted to use the gamepad but it drains battery so fast.

I have tried while having padcon turned on and activated, press the home screen to close software, but that just disables padcon again which I assume is obvious since padcon is a function within loadiine gx.

djntech215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this is my first time hearing about loadiine. im just a bit confused.
FAT32 cant copy more than 4gb files if im not mistaken, so how is it that i can take a game like smash bros thats 25GB and load it on a FAT32 formatted SD?
EXFAT isnt supported and i havent seen anyone mention NTFS either. im just scratching my head someone plz explain.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this is my first time hearing about loadiine. im just a bit confused.
FAT32 cant copy more than 4gb files if im not mistaken, so how is it that i can take a game like smash bros thats 25GB and load it on a FAT32 formatted SD?
EXFAT isnt supported and i havent seen anyone mention NTFS either. im just scratching my head someone plz explain.
Loadiine formated game isn't a iso

Johnnypvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Johnnypvt Padcon should not be disabled when you start a game inside loadiine and then quit to the system menu.

Maschell was so kind to provide a standalone version of padcon though, so if you just need padcon maybe that's a good alternative. You can find it here. Launch with HBL.

You're right, padcon via loadiine does work normally. The only trouble I got was when it comes to Sm4sh mods, which requires me to use SDcafiine + Kernel exploits. And from self experimenting back and forth, when I run those exploits before or after loadiine, I will either get an error when trying to return to the wii menu or just load indefinitely. I guess there may be a compatibility issue? It could be the latest loadiine pre-release too.

Either way it's not an issue for me anymore thanks to the Maschell's standalone padcon. I can play sm4sh with mods and have padcon working now. Thanks for your help!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am understanding this right splatoon and Mario maker are kind of pointless on loadiine because you can't play online right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1