• Views 2,466,991
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied the "www" folder and set the path in "Simple HTTP Server". I'm on Android 4.1.2 (old stick device) with HotSpot connected to Wii U 5.3.2. I just get dots onscreen and the console hangs. I'm using the latest files. Any ideas? Thanks

Console has never been online. Updated to 5.3.2 using the Splatoon disc.

Up all night.. BANGS head on wall AHHH

Last edited by simbin,

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Copied the "www" folder and set the path in "Simple HTTP Server". I'm on Android 4.1.2 (old stick device) with HotSpot connected to Wii U 5.3.2. I just get dots onscreen and the console hangs. I'm using the latest files. Any ideas? Thanks

Console has never been online. Updated to 5.3.2 using the Splatoon disc.

Up all night.. BANGS head on wall AHHH
Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xeustechnologies.android.kws&hl=pt_BR, put the folder with your files in the root of your internal memory, in the app set this folder as your home directory.
This is exactly what I'm using...

Last edited by Rodrigo Mafra,

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xeustechnologies.android.kws&hl=pt_BR, put the folder with your files in the root of your internal memory, in the app set this folder as your home directory.
This is exactly what I'm using...

After 100 tries self hosting, I went online but also kept freezing there. I finally caved, updated to 5.5.1 and it worked first and every try thereafter. I'm assuming 5.3.2 support has been removed or botched in latest files. I remember something similar happening in the 3DS scene.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After 100 tries self hosting, I went online but also kept freezing there. I finally caved, updated to 5.5.1 and it worked first and every try thereafter. I'm assuming 5.3.2 support has been removed or botched in latest files. I remember something similar happening in the 3DS scene.

Not botched, just different offsets/entry (php/mp4 for 5.5.1 vs html/bin 5.3.2)

I selfhost with 5.3.2 just fine, with dimoks files.

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not botched, just different offsets/entry (php/mp4 for 5.5.1 vs html/bin 5.3.2)

I selfhost with 5.3.2 just fine, with dimoks files.

It's ironic because it always froze on "payload532.html". I used the files recommended by OP from first page of this thread.

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a strange error now whenever I either go back to the game selection from the options menu. It didn't give this before today, but now it says 'Exception type DSI occured!' with a bunch of numbers after each GPR##, then shows 'STACK DUMP:" and "CODE DUMP:" with a few more things.
Anyone want to help me with this? It seems like it only happens from the options menu, which means an accidental button press forces a hard restart, and I can't adjust how the menu looks.

blink.shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, first of all I'm new to Wii U and loadiine, so I'm sorry if my question will be stupid.
Do I need an original Super Smash Bros disk (like this) to play games which are compatible with SSBU and not with MiiMaker?

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by simbin,
Reactions: peteruk

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
hello , just got a new wiiu & it has a firmware version of 5.1.2 , but accessing the loadiine.ovh site gives me an "unspported firmware version error " , should i update to 5.5 ? solution please ..

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello , just got a new wiiu & it has a firmware version of 5.1.2 , but accessing the loadiine.ovh site gives me an "unspported firmware version error " , should i update to 5.5 ? solution please ..
You can either update to 532 via disc or 551 via net to get stuff to work. My personal recommendation like everytime lately would be updating to 551 since it saves a lot of hassle to get the game and a lot of potential trouble with running the exploits. Some people think 532 is better for future exploits but in all honesty it's nothing but a wild cointoss, anyways.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Offtopic: How can i discover my "original" Firmware (5.3.2E) if i am spoofed to 5.5.1E?
Do you want to "find" the real version string, or do you want to "go back and remove the spoof" ?
You can't remove the spoof, there's no way to install older system files.
I don't know if there's a way to "find" the current version without using the "version.bin" string, as it's the file which is used to determine your version.
The spoofing purpose is exactly doing that : faking the version to a higher one so you can't "find" the real version.

In both cases, you can't do what you asked.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So. Is anyone else having troubles running stuff with Smash mode? i tried to boot up Mario Kart 8 after a while and the wii u gets stuck on the Smash Wii U splashscreen. I tried with Pokken too since i ran them both in smash mode and the same thing happens so it's not an error exclusive to Mario Kart 8 and its updates.

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you want to "find" the real version string, or do you want to "go back and remove the spoof" ?
You can't remove the spoof, there's no way to install older system files.
I don't know if there's a way to "find" the current version without using the "version.bin" string, as it's the file which is used to determine your version.
The spoofing purpose is exactly doing that : faking the version to a higher one so you can't "find" the real version.

In both cases, you can't do what you asked.

Thx for answering my question. I know that i can't "go back" after spoofing - i want to know how to "find" the original version.
For some things i need to know the correct version (e.g. if some apps requiring a specific version), my wii u is running on, or am i wrong? So i need the 5.3.2 build (the original firmware) and not the 5.5.1 build (after spoof). Therefore i asked myself how to find out the original version.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's maybe a way, but I don't know about it.
Maybe the version string is stored somewhere else than inside the version file.
Another way would be to have a list of changelog done to the system and compare your current setup to that known setup list to determine the real version.
That would be probably harder to do if it's like the Wii and only the "system menu" title version is used to determine the console's version. You could hack and mod different files and get a setup fully different than another user, so the "setup comparison" would not be a good method.

the best way to know which homebrew or exploit build you need to use is to remember your console version yourself.
or note it in a file and keep it safe, just don't forget to update it if you ever update your console.
One nice method is .. putting it in your signature like me hehe

Reactions: oldsk00l

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for answering my question. I know that i can't "go back" after spoofing - i want to know how to "find" the original version.
For some things i need to know the correct version (e.g. if some apps requiring a specific version), my wii u is running on, or am i wrong? So i need the 5.3.2 build (the original firmware) and not the 5.5.1 build (after spoof). Therefore i asked myself how to find out the original version.

The www/loadiine_gx2/index.html determines which page (exploit method) to jump to based on the browser's appVersion. That page displays your version (to the extent that it can be differentiated from others with the same browser), but you normally don't see it on your screen long enough to read because the next command jumps to the exploit page. You could take the window.location= lines out of that html, host the page, and connect to it to see the console's version.

The messages tell you which console versions detect as the same, e.g. 3.0.0 and 3.1.0, and there are other console versions not listed in that html, but you can apply some logic to that limitation. Basically, if a "5.5.1" console still has the TV icon, it was spoofed, and if someone managed to exploit and spoof a console without it being in that html, they're a jerk for not letting people know how they did it.

I know that's not definitive, but it might give you enough info to make the decisions you think you have to make.

Last edited by nexusmtz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol