Hacking Load GC and WII Games from the same USB

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah well, as titled, my question is, is it possible to play GC and WII ISO's from the same drive?
Yes. It's possible. I did it. To play gc games, download (I am not responsible if you pirate)/rip them from the discs, then extract them, then download DiskEx. Extract it. Then drag the gc isos to the DiskEx application. A folder will be created in the directory your iso was in. Go to the root of your hdd and make a folder called "games". Drag the folder that was created by diskex into the games folder. Now download the Nintendont homebrew app and you,re good to go with gc. For wii backups, make a folder on the root of your hdd called "wbfs". Now install d2x in slot 249 with base 56 and slot 250 with base 57. Now download wiibackupmanager onto your computer. Now, to put the isos on your hdd, open Wii backup manager, add the iso, click transfer, then click wbfs, then find the wbfs folder on your hdd, then click ok or whatever the confirmation word is. Wait on it to convert and be put onto the hdd. Then eject the hdd, get a usb loader (I'd recommend WiiFlow because it's hot and sexy), plug the hdd into the wii, and now you're good to go with wii games.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need DiscEx for anything. Just put the GC games in /games/<game title>/game.iso" on your HDD. The second disc for two-disc games should be named "disc2.iso".

example: "/games/Zelda Wind Waker/game.iso"

Reactions: Aeredren

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need DiscEx for anything. Just put the GC games in /games/<game title>/game.iso" on your HDD. The second disc for two-disc games should be named "disc2.iso".

example: "/games/Zelda Wind Waker/game.iso"
OH
IVE BEEN USING DISKEX FOR AGES AND THOUGHT IT WAS REQUIRED
LMAO

Chris71Mach1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So DiscEx nonwithstanding, I'm well aware that (1) the GC emulator **requires** a USB device to be formatted to FAT32. That being said, FAT32 has a limitation of 4gb for the file size, which some Wii games exceed. Starting from scratch, and using USBLoaderGX for the Wii games and Nintendont for the GC emulator, how would one set up a USB HDD to house both Wii and GC games?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. 1111smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif
Welcome to the Wii Section.

So DiscEx nonwithstanding, I'm well aware that (1) the GC emulator **requires** a USB device to be formatted to FAT32. That being said, FAT32 has a limitation of 4gb for the file size, which some Wii games exceed. Starting from scratch, and using USBLoaderGX for the Wii games and Nintendont for the GC emulator, how would one set up a USB HDD to house both Wii and GC games?

That is why you always should use the WiiBackup Manager for the Wii Game Transfers.
This Manager splits the Files for you,renames it proper and avoids unnecessary Issues that arise with "manual" copying.

For the GameCube Games there is a something "similar" Tool called QtWitGui (A Frontend for Wimms Toolset).

Here is a Manual how to do this manually as usual for use it with NINTENDONT:
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

As you correctly said,a FAT32 formatted HDD is the simplest Way to use GameCube and Wii Games on one Device.

Good luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol