LKV8000 - Anyone tried this (or something similar?)

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by kristianity77, Nov 12, 2012.

Nov 12, 2012

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I have a PSP 2000 and am looking into getting TV out through it for games, movies, PSX etc. I know there are issues with full screen just through normal cables so have looked around for devices which enable full screen and upscaling etc.

The one that seems to be readily available is the LKV8000. Runs the PSP through to the TV via HDMI and upscales. Has anyone used one of these and if so, are they any good?

They are about £45 in the UK so dont really want to splash out without recommendation. Does it also introduce any noticeable lag as well?

If there is a better device also than what I'm looking at, then advise away!

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's Maverick Hunter

Message Count:
    United States
    I too would like to know the answer to this.

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I was looking at the HD Box PRO for my PS2, but if you want a quick overview of the LKV8000 then i'd recommend that you give this a once over. It certainly seems like a fair option of the PSP.

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Message Count:
    United States
    This sounds incredibly interesting... and from reading through the site that xist just linked, it seems like the best way to go would be to get a couple of boxes to cover the spread of input sources possible. While I currently have mostly modern systems, I also do have some stuff that would benefit from these... and I know my girlfriend has a couple of retro consoles that would benefit greatly from such devices on a modern TV.