Hacking LiteOn Power On with Xbox safe or not?

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay i got a LiteOn and my Xbox is Ages old and haven't been updated or online etc.
But i would like to update the Flash (1.6 or something right now i think), but i don't have an Xbox360USB Pro or a Probe3.

From my understanding PC chipsets May support the Drive so it's best to try without first.
But it also states that powering the drive through the 360(which was common in the old way, at least when i did it on my first 360) can result in a flag.

Has this been confirmed in any way, cause i am a bit skeptical it would really matter.
Cause if so, it would also be Flagged if the Driver SATA cable ever get's damaged, which isn't too uncommon.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it. You are way more likely to flag it with an un-/mis-patched image. That is a known-real reason to get the ban hammer.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah not alone then.

Also want to do this because i have played online with this Flashed 360 a Very Very long time ago, but haven't used it since, so i may be banned when i log, who knows.
But as i can't log now as i got the old Flash, my only way is to reflash.

Also i don't have my Original Flash, is that a problem?
I bought it Flashed so well, yeah.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, booting your 360 without a DVD drive attached will flag you for a ban, however if I am not mistaken that ban will not come until the next ban wave. Which, given the point we're at in the 360's life, I'm curious if another will even come.

The SATA cable is unlikely to ever get damaged if you don't fiddle with the drive ;) for what it's worth I've messed with mine quite a bit and have yet to run into an issue.

PC chipsets will support it for data only, not for power. I've had zero luck with getting any onboard chipsets to work with it though (3 different ones, one of which reportedly tends to work) and even the VIA PCI card wouldn't work for me, so I had to buy an X360USB Pro v2. For power you'll need to buy something like a CK3i/Lite (just power) or an X360USB Pro v2 (expensive but way worth it IMO, love mine). Then since it's a lite-on drive you'll need a Probe 3 or just make your own PMT tool with some sort of spare switch you have laying around and a sewing needle or something.

If you don't care about Live then throw all caution to the wind and flash away lol.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Mine was broken so i had to replace it, so if that's the case i am flagged for ban already;S

Damn this sucks, even if i play safe and go for expensive gear, it would be a complete waste if it's already flagged for ban.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if it is banned, you could always RGH it after the fact, which is a mod (modern equivalent to JTAGging a 360 years ago) that will let you load any unsigned code, including loading games from the (potentially upgraded) internal hard drive. You'll lose online access entirely and it's a bit more complicated to set up but easier to deal with in the long run. Burning games blows, which is why I switched to an ODDE on my 360. Still no RGH on mine yet though.

You could always see what DinohScene has to say on the matter if he happens to make the rounds to this thread. He's a freaking master at this stuff, it's possible I may be overlooking something and/or misinformed.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well he probably got an Alert as you wrote his name right?

Anyhow, my Dashboard should be : 2.0.9199.0

And for RGH, don't you need to solder and stuff?
I have never ever soldered (except in school, and i sucked at it), so that's out of the question;P

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, not jtaggable (shame) but it would still be RGH'able, though yes it involves soldering, and slightly tricky soldering at that.

I mean if that's the case then, you really don't have much to lose by updating to the latest dash and seeing if you can log in. If you can't your console was banned from Live then. If you can, you're pretty much in the clear as far as I'm aware. You should have hit a wave during that time and been banned if you are in fact flagged.

Edit - and yes, he will have gotten an alert. That said, feel free to wait for him to come in before acting on anything I say. Like I said, he's the master ;)

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah, well i prefer to have "hacked" with Online capabilities.

Will probably wait for him then.
Most likely as i am either banned or not, i am guessing there is nothing to lose to try flash with my PC and power with the 360.
That being said, is Stock even possible as i don't have the original firmware, or can it be taked from the modded one, as i just remember you had to keep the original.

So i at least got the original firmware from my first 360, and the Driver though it's completely broken.

Or wait, it will be the Second driver (I actually bricked the first Drive on my first 360, sent it to Microsoft, got a new driver funny enough, and flashed that one).

Think it's a Samsung, but don't think that even matters though as my new one is LiteOn.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hacked with online capabilities ey?
I'd say Xkey!

You can download stock DVD firmwares from Xbins or give me yer DVD key and I'll convert it back to a stock DVD key.
Flash yer DVD drive back to stock and connect it to the internet and let it update.
Then extract yer new DVD key (which also contains a new firmware) and place it on the micro SD of the Xkey.

Xkeys got several advantages, one being no time to wait until a DVD has been burned and the other is that you can't get AP 2.5 triggers due to scratched up disks (if yer 360 isn't banned/flagged)
And ofcourse you can store yer 360 games on an external HDD.

In case if yer 360 is banned.
I'd RGH it if I where you.
You've got nothing to lose, only to gain then.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, booting your 360 without a DVD drive attached will flag you for a ban, however if I am not mistaken that ban will not come until the next ban wave.

Is there solid proof of this? All I have ever seen is that there is a flag set but Noone knew if it would be/was ever used for banning purposes. Many serviced 360s could be prone to a ban if that is the case.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MS dropped the ban on that very early on.
The security data still triggers the NO DVD DRIVE flag but it won't do anything more then that.
And certainly today, Microsoft is caring less and less about the 360.
All focus goes to the XBone atm

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Looked at XKey, would like it, but cost a too much, however that also depends on how i look at it, as DVD DL as expensive as well.
And i don't think 360 supports (or at leads finds it Valid?) to use RW right?

So if i understand things correctly, your Console have got flagged with "NO Drive" since a long time back.
At first Microsoft used it to trigger bans, later they gave it up (probably as it's not that correct?), and now the Flag is still there as they didn't remove it from the security,
but it doesn't do anything, meaning it's safe to do what i like with the DVD?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 360 isn't worth that treatment. I get the RAM/HANA errors every so often and have given it a heatgun/oven treatment probably 8 times in 3 or so years. When I get another then I might.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just go with the Xkey.
It's a world of difference.

Mine never got flagged with anything.
I use dedicated flashing hardware to flash DVD drives ;p

MS could ban people for it, I think they never did afaik.
But then again, serviced 360's as well as 360's that underwent a lot of vibrations could have their cables lose as well.
It's kinda like the AP2.5 fiasco.
MS implemented a new security that would flag 360's for a ban if they caught you with a badly patched backup.
However even legit discs on legit consoles would flag 360's as the AP2.5 challenges on the disc where scratched.

Yer fine to hook yer DVD drive up to yer 360 and use yer 360 as a powersource.
Nothing wil happen other then that you need to keep watch that the power doesn't go down on the 360.
Btw, you sure your SATA chipset is compatible with Jungleflasher?

cracker.
Eh, get a Slim lad.
Trinities are easy to hack as well.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just go with the Xkey.
It's a world of difference.

And it cost a fortune, 113.23 USD from retailers here:(
I think it must be cheaper for you guys.

Mine never got flagged with anything.
I use dedicated flashing hardware to flash DVD drives ;p

Ah didn't mean yours, just mean "anyone console";P

Yeah that's my thought as well, it's just a weak assumption and can't be pinpointed.

Oh, never heard of that, what happened with the legit ppl that got banned?

Actually i am not sure if my SATA chipset is supported, upon searching it seems ppl have got it to work though: Intel P55

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I dun live in the US as well so it's also 120 USD here roughly.
It does pay off in the long run + it's easier to just plonk games on an external HDD and switch between em from yer couch ;p

The people that booted their console without the DVD drive triggered the flag.
However it's harmless.

Probably got unbanned.
No clue n kinda dun care about it as well.
Their own fault for not being careful with their discs.

Hmm, Try it with Jungleflasher then.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I dun live in the US as well so it's also 120 USD here roughly.
It does pay off in the long run + it's easier to just plonk games on an external HDD and switch between em from yer couch ;p

The people that booted their console without the DVD drive triggered the flag.
However it's harmless.

Probably got unbanned.
No clue n kinda dun care about it as well.
Their own fault for not being careful with their discs.

Hmm, Try it with Jungleflasher then.

Well depends, for me i would have to buy a USB Harddrive as well, so that's 100 USB more at least.
Though i do have 8GB and 32GB Flash Drive, but one is used for Wii (32GB) and 8gb will be 1 game;P

Ok will try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1