Hardware Liteon Dg16d2s

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i am looking at buying this drive but unsure how to connect it to a pc external , i have had a look around and seen a usb to sata connection lead and a usb pro connection but unsure how to connect the drive any advice please thanks :D

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I might be misunderstanding your Google Translation so pardon me if my answer is a bit vague.

First off, what kind of 360 do you have? Phat? Slim?
Secondly, why are you buying a drive? Is the current one in your 360 broken? Are you sure the drive in your 360 is a LiteOn?
Thirdly, I assume you're trying to flash the drive, correct? If so, are you trying to use a Desktop or a Laptop to do so?
If it's a desktop, instead of buying a USB pro or an adapter, open your PC up and just use the internal SATA ports (look for this:
eimnk.jpg
If you're using a Laptop (which is NOT recommended) you'd have to get some sort of USB-SATA adapter (which I'm not even sure works)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have your DVD key from the 360 you're using, it won't work if you don't have the same key as the 360's original drive. Anyway, for USB 2 SATA you'll need to buy an Xecuter USB PRO. If you're tech savy, it's much cheaper to flash it with a normal SATA chipset.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your replys ok i will try and explaine , the xbox is a phat , the reason why i would like to buy a drive is to connect it to my pc and i dont want to disassemble my xbox , the new drive that i would like to buy has allready been flashed with 0800 firmware version 3 , i do have the orignal drive key as i sent the xbox of to be flashed and updated , so it sounds like the better way is to use a usb pro but how do you connect this to the drive so it wil work external like sata to usb ? , with the drive key are you saying that the orignal drive key has to be on the new drive as well ?
is this what you are talking about many thanks

Code:
http://www.modtraders.co.uk/x360usb_pro-ck3-mini-mega-bundle-3.html

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thankyou for your replys ok i will try and explaine , the xbox is a phat , the reason why i would like to buy a drive is to connect it to my pc and i dont want to disassemble my xbox , the new drive that i would like to buy has allready been flashed with 0800 firmware version 3 , i do have the orignal drive key as i sent the xbox of to be flashed and updated , so it sounds like the better way is to use a usb pro but how do you connect this to the drive so it wil work external like sata to usb ? , with the drive key are you saying that the orignal drive key has to be on the new drive as well ?

Code:

If I understand it correctly you'll want to have your 360 flashed without opening it?
And have a dedicated drive for backing up games??

To backup games you'll need a Kreon drive or a 360 drive flashed with 0800 FW.
The 360 drive needs to be hooked up to a X360USB and a CK3i (some SATA chipsets might work but not all)
Kreon drives are normal PC drives.

If you want your 360 flashed then you'll have to open it and hook the drive up to an X360USB and a CK3i + Probe 3.
Then you'll need to extract your DVD key from the drive and BACK IT UP AT LEAST TWICE!
This is your 2nd holy grail and if you loose it you'll be ending up with a nice new 360.

After you've flashed your drive you can insert it back in the 360 and enjoy your backupped games.

For flashing you'll need to download Jungleflasher from the jungleflasher site.
It comes with a manual which is pretty easy to follow and describes everything.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Code:

If I understand it correctly you'll want to have your 360 flashed without opening it?
And have a dedicated drive for backing up games??

To backup games you'll need a Kreon drive or a 360 drive flashed with 0800 FW.
The 360 drive needs to be hooked up to a X360USB and a CK3i (some SATA chipsets might work but not all)
Kreon drives are normal PC drives.

If you want your 360 flashed then you'll have to open it and hook the drive up to an X360USB and a CK3i + Probe 3.
Then you'll need to extract your DVD key from the drive and BACK IT UP AT LEAST TWICE!
This is your 2nd holy grail and if you loose it you'll be ending up with a nice new 360.

After you've flashed your drive you can insert it back in the 360 and enjoy your backupped games.

For flashing you'll need to download Jungleflasher from the jungleflasher site.
It comes with a manual which is pretty easy to follow and describes everything.
thankyou for your reply i am looking at buying the liteon drive that i have said about before the drive will be all ready flashed with the latest 0800 firmware i am talking about a seperate drive not from the xbox 360, i have done some xbox games before with a keron drive but it wont do xdg3 games this is why i am asking about the liteon drive , but what i would like to know is how to hook the xbox usb pro to the liteon hard drive to the pc , and which is the best xbox360 usb pro to get i have seen around 3 different bundles thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is only one X360USBPro.

It's super simple to hook it up.
Just fit the 360USBPro in a USB slot and the SATA cable in the 360 drive.
Then attach the 360 drives power cable to the CK3i and hook that up to an USB port and a Molex plug (or only USB for CK3 Lite/mini)

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is only one X360USBPro.

It's super simple to hook it up.
Just fit the 360USBPro in a USB slot and the SATA cable in the 360 drive.
Then attach the 360 drives power cable to the CK3i and hook that up to an USB port and a Molex plug (or only USB for CK3 Lite/mini)
thankyou for your reply i have ordered a X360USB PRO + CK3 MINI MEGA BUNDLE #3 and a liteon 74850c with 0800 firmware v 3 hope i done the right thing :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol