OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZML said:
Chaos Complex
Crazy stupid, parody ROM hack.
No matter what, you'll never run out of "WTF WAS THAT!?!?" moments in this "crappy" ROM hack.

Super Demo World: The Legend Continues
Uh. Maze. Ing.

You've covered just about everything else I can think of.
grog.gif
Thanks I will add these soon.
grog.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
Jokiz said:
Ehm, how much does Shiny gold actually cover? Is it a finished project?
It covers the entire game,and could easily pass for an official "Pokemon Gold Remake",and it's a finished project.
Uh, no. Shiny Gold is up to Beta5, and is still in progress. So far it covers up to Fushia City in Kanto, and there's still a lot of bugs to be worked out. And there's quite a few changes from the original.

EDIT: Original Dev topic. Last edit was an update yesterday.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537
No roms here, if you're wondering.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
kais said:
Jokiz said:
Ehm, how much does Shiny gold actually cover? Is it a finished project?
It covers the entire game,and could easily pass for an official "Pokemon Gold Remake",and it's a finished project.
Uh, no. Shiny Gold is up to Beta5, and is still in progress. So far it covers up to Fushia City in Kanto, and there's still a lot of bugs to be worked out. And there's quite a few changes from the original.
Oh,and I thought it was done silly me
biggrin.gif
.I only played until the elite-four so I thought it was complete.Is it still being worked on?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what to qualify it as apart from piratey goodness, but SOMARI deserves an honorable mention here.

Sonic gameplay.
With Mario.
On the NES.

With of course about as much difficulty to last you a lifetime due to programming or just the sheer horridness of the game. I have no idea how long it lasts as I have a hell of a time getting through just Green Hill as it is.

I'm not sure if SM:ZSS is the same as Super Justin Bailey, but if not throw that on the list. Samus in an original sprite of her in a two-piece bikini. =P The game apart from that is unchanged.

Personally amazed with some of these hacks just from the looks of them. I used to be a part of a Sonic hacking community way long ago, and one of the more notable hacks was Project Shadow, basically sticking Shadow into Sonic 1 and then completely changing the levels and difficulty. Apart from those, I don't really know of anything else...

Edit: Oh yeah, not that it really counts, but there's apparently a hack for StarFox 2 that makes it seem more like a full and finished game. In English, none of the debug info, etc.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Links to hacks world be appreciated, and I'm fairly sure Justin Bailey simply did one Samus hack, which he already posted; Zero Suit Samus is apparently what Brawl noobs call it(no offense, kais, I don't even know where you found it.)

As for Shiny Gold, yes, there's development going on, but the author has other things to do, and the remake is a daunting task, so it's going fairly slowly. However, he posted a vid of a new 'minigame' being added in to the hack just a couple days ago, so we know there's something going on, anyways.

Now, for more kickass hax(maybe translations? I might add some must-play translations later, if you don't mind, or maybe branch into a separate topic) :
FF3usHT: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/files/ff3usht.rar -difficulty patch for FFVI including new spells/items/monsters.

Super Demo World: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/files/smb7.zip -The predecessor to the above SDW: The Legend continues.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Links to hacks world be appreciated, and I'm fairly sure Justin Bailey simply did one Samus hack, which he already posted; Zero Suit Samus is apparently what Brawl noobs call it(no offense, kais, I don't even know where you found it.)

As for Shiny Gold, yes, there's development going on, but the author has other things to do, and the remake is a daunting task, so it's going fairly slowly. However, he posted a vid of a new 'minigame' being added in to the hack just a couple days ago, so we know there's something going on, anyways.

Now, for more kickass hax(maybe translations? I might add some must-play translations later, if you don't mind, or maybe branch into a separate topic) :
FF3usHT: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/files/ff3usht.rar -difficulty patch for FFVI including new spells/items/monsters.

Super Demo World: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/files/smb7.zip -The predecessor to the above SDW: The Legend continues.
Thanks! I included Dragon X Omega&Dragon X Omega II.It's really hard to provide links,because almost all of them include &oms,but when I am done I will include all the sites that I used...that does nor include roms.Zephars includes &oms,but is also includes a great amount of hacks.Anyways thanks for the help.I would update this list faster,but I have exams for the next week and so.So I spend my time studying.Translations will soon be included,but wasn't FF IV and VI ported to the GBA in english,Or wait my bad I have not played many FF are the translations for the SNES,or for the GBA.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
Hadrian said:
Super Mario Odyssey (Hack of Super Mario World SNES)
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=54

Evil Dead (Hack of Zelda II NES)
http://www.i-mockery.com/romhacks/evil-dead/

Castlevania : Blood Moon (Hack of Castlevania NES)
http://inverteddungeon.com/redrum/hacks.htm
Thanks Hadrian!!
I will add these as soon as I am done studying for my exam tomorrow!!
Oh,and by the way do you think you can get this stickied.It can be very helpful to many people!!
Best ask someone in blue, red or green. Us Podcast folk have no powers.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kais, do you need screenshots for Metroid Legacy? If so just let me know
wink.gif

Also I have like 10 other Super Metroid hacks and some Metroid (NES) hacks. Do you want their names?

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Also I have like 10 other Super Metroid hacks and some Metroid (NES) hacks. Do you want their names?
Well I already have some screenies,but if you have any screenshots that look cooler than the current ones.WHY NOT!
Oh and go ahead and name the metroid hacks that you have that are good for nes&snes.I will update the list later.I have to get some sleep.I pulled up an all-nighter studying for exams.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
FireEmblemGuy said:

Thanks! I included Dragon X Omega&Dragon X Omega II.It's really hard to provide links,because almost all of them include &oms,but when I am done I will include all the sites that I used...that does nor include roms.Zephars includes &oms,but is also includes a great amount of hacks.Anyways thanks for the help.I would update this list faster,but I have exams for the next week and so.So I spend my time studying.Translations will soon be included,but wasn't FF IV and VI ported to the GBA in english,Or wait my bad I have not played many FF are the translations for the SNES,or for the GBA.

A. I've never seen any roms on Zophar, except for maybe a couple links to Public Domain roms, which are legal last I checked. The only thing Zophar can be held accountable for is kicking ass, but sadly it's not updated anymore.

B.Final Fantasies IV and VI came out in English for both the GBA and the SNES(as II and III respectively) in America. However, the SNES versions had god-awful translations, were toned down in difficulty, and had some censored bits, while the GBA versions, though retranslated, had a cople small changes made that made them, in most's opinion, inferior to the SNES games. The two retranslations I put up earlier were so that people could enjoy the original games without having to put up with the marred English version(because this was before the Advance versions).

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kais said:
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Well I already have some screenies,but if you have any screenshots that look cooler than the current ones.WHY NOT!
Oh and go ahead and name the metroid hacks that you have that are good for nes&snes.I will update the list later.I have to get some sleep.I pulled up an all-nighter studying for exams.

Here are the hacks' names:

Super Metroid Hacks: Metroid Limit, Metroid Marathon, Metroid Resurrection, Metroid Reverse, Metroid Dependence, Super Metroid SFI, The another of Metroid, The darkness spreads, Zebes returns

Metroid hacks: Metroid X, Metroid0, Metroid - Zebian Illusion, Metroid TSI

I will send you screen shots for Legacy later...

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
kais said:
FireEmblemGuy said:

A. I've never seen any roms on Zophar, except for maybe a couple links to Public Domain roms, which are legal last I checked. The only thing Zophar can be held accountable for is kicking ass, but sadly it's not updated anymore.

B.Final Fantasies IV and VI came out in English for both the GBA and the SNES(as II and III respectively) in America. However, the SNES versions had god-awful translations, were toned down in difficulty, and had some censored bits, while the GBA versions, though retranslated, had a cople small changes made that made them, in most's opinion, inferior to the SNES games. The two retranslations I put up earlier were so that people could enjoy the original games without having to put up with the marred English version(because this was before the Advance versions).
Thanks I will add them.I never played them,but am going to start the series.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
kais said:
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Here are the hacks' names:

Super Metroid Hacks: Metroid Limit, Metroid Marathon, Metroid Resurrection, Metroid Reverse, Metroid Dependence, Super Metroid SFI, The another of Metroid, The darkness spreads, Zebes returns

Metroid hacks: Metroid X, Metroid0, Metroid - Zebian Illusion, Metroid TSI

I will send you screen shots for Legacy later...
Ok thanks for the help I will get most of them up there!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome