List of hardmod installers by region

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mashers, Feb 8, 2016.

1. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Some people want a hardmod, just to fix any brick they might encounter, you still need to be able to downgrade NFRIM as well.

2. neersighted

neersighted Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    United States
    Last edited by neersighted, Jan 3, 2017
  3. not2excel

not2excel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Hawaii
    Thanks to @vb_encryption_vb for my downgrade and hardmod. Was finished in his estimated time frame, but got the device late thanks to USPS being stupid over the holidays. Definitely worth the price especially with the rep he has.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

edit: fixed img links, not sure why they got deleted

Last edited by not2excel, Jan 4, 2017
    vb_encryption_vb and DrPhant0m like this.
  4. Nabosaurus

Nabosaurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    @vb_encryption_vb Could I please be the next person to give you my money? I managed to brick my n3ds as I was dumb when I shouldnt have been.

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i did a colour co-ordinated one XD turned out quite good
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Nabosaurus and mchew like this.
  6. 22jk

22jk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    @vb_encryption_vb I would like to get a quote for hard modding a N3DSXL on 11.2.0-35u and downgrade/cfw install.

7. ThatGuyTim

ThatGuyTim Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Redmond, Washington
    @vb_encryption_vb Could I get a quote for an unbrick and Luma CFW installation on a New 3DS XL that was bricked in the 2.1 portion of the safehax on 11.2 method? I already have a NAND backup before the brick.

8. spacemaninspace

spacemaninspace Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    @mchew or @vb_encryption_vb

I managed to semi-brick myself during the 2.1 downgrade portion of the most recent hack method by half-mindedly playing Animal Crossing New Leaf and installing the update that comes with it (4.5, I believe). All I know is that I'm on old 3DS firmware and I've consulted with the IRC group about this and the only method that would work is to flash 11.2 on my system via a hardmod since the other method requires me to go into the browser or system settings, of which both won't work and are completely nonfunctional. Booting straight into the update screen works but trying to update to the most recent firmware is useless as it gets stuck indefinitely at about 95%. I have my NAND backup and everything and this is really my last hope, before I have to go out and buy a new N3DS. Contact me if you think you can help, thank you very much my friends.

9. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    How much do people charge for downgrades in the USA? Will downgrades work for any firmware above 11.0?

10. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    responded.

11. not2excel

not2excel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Hawaii
    I'm not going to say how much they charge, you need to have them contact you or contact them for a price. However, I will say vb_encryption_vb has a reasonable price for the quality work. Not sure on mchew as I didn't get a quote from him, but I assume its also reasonable. You can look at some pics of their work from the thread. (not tagging either of them since its an unnecessary alert)

vb_encryption_vb and mchew like this.
  12. N3evin

N3evin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
    United States
    Great list :)

Last edited by N3evin, Jan 7, 2017
    mchew likes this.
  13. Vitalic

Vitalic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    United States
    @vb_encryption_vb Looking to throw my money at you ;). Need a hardmod done on my N3DS XL and would love to get in contact.

14. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    With safehax, no, NFIRM downgrade are useless.

15. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA

Until your bricked, than your contacting a hardmodder regardless. You're missing the true purpose of a hardmod.

Tell ya what, go delete firm 0/1 and see if you can recover without our services..

16. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    I'm not saying the hardmod is useless, it's useful. The NFIRM Downgrade is useless...

17. althinta

althinta Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    United States
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Just got a surprise in the mail from @vb_encryption_vb! Looks amazing, love the quality of the work done. [​IMG]

18. DrPhant0m

DrPhant0m Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    You "remove" the hardmod after your full a9lh install service, right? Will I still have the recovery benefit of hardmod services afterward, or will I have to send it back in the event of a brick? I don't think I plan on doing anything risky... but no one "plans" to brick their console. haha. Maybe I should have elected for you to keep the connector install permanent for safety.

19. TheYellowYoda

TheYellowYoda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    United States
    @vb_encryption_vb Hello, I recently did a system transfer on my o3ds. As an idiot, I did not remove the a9lh folder (otp.bin) when installing arm9loaderhax on version 2.1.0. As of now, the o3ds screen does not turn on but the blue light turns on. It is to my understanding that I am bricked. Is there a possibility to fix the said problem with a hardmod? If so what are your prices? Is it possible to do it myself? (is there a guide online?)

20. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA

I only remove it unless they want to keep it. I asked you, you said you did not want to keep it.

Chances of bricking once a9lh is installed is slim to none. My warranty covers it if you were to brick, you ship it back in, I fix it, ship it back out.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hardmod requires soldering, your console was flashed with wrong OTP, can be fixed if you have backup of your NAND.

DrPhant0m likes this.