Hardware List of hardmod installers by region

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad someone out of the literal hundreds of 3DS's I have done has endorsed me. When I filed taxes, I had to find out my gross and deductions. Doing the math and it came out to roughly 200-300 mods. @gamesquest1 and I have been doing them since the first round of Gateway bricks. I still have the RasPi I bought for that.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had my N3DS hard modded by @gamesquest1 he was reccomended to me by 2 pals @Columbo2811 @mashers and I wanted to leave some feedback / review of his work and service

I contacted @gamesquest1 with my initial request for a hard mod and asked if it would be possible for him/her to also dump my OTP for me as well if i added a little extra to the cost for the time and trouble incolved (I didn't feel comfortable doing it myself and at the time of sending the my N3DS the process was still in it's infancy)

He/she was more than happy to accommodate me with this process and even wrote up some scripts in preperation for receiving my console

At all times the reply to my questions was very fast and very patient (not always the case on forums) and @gamesquest1 was happy to put my worries at ease

I sent the payment electronically and sent my N3DS by insured delivery, within 24 hours the console had the OTP dumped and had been fully hard modded

The console was modded on a Friday, so due to the weekend it was not possible to receive it back next day, however I did receive it the next business day

This person is very trustworthy, very patient, very reasonable with pricing, happy to adapt things to your needs as well

Anybody in the UK or even Europe wanting to get their console hard modded then look no further than @gamesquest1

I seriously cannot rate this person highly enough

Here is a photo of the modification, it almost looks factory fitted in my opinion

2016_02_20_09_53_55.png

As an added extra a small cap was created to cover the port, a great final touch

2016_02_20_09_52_27.png

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@peteruk
Congrats buddy, and welcome to the hardmod club! And thanks for writing up such a detailed review of @gamesquest1. Hopefully he'll be able to retire on hard mod income before the end of the year :D

Your mod looks great! And I'm glad you got your OTP too. My next piece of advice would be to take three sysnand dumps and check the MD5 on all three to check they match. Once you know they are all the same you know you have a good NAND dump. Save the md5 value to a text file and burn it along with the NAND dump to a DVD-R. Then check the MD5 of the file on the DVD to check it wrote correctly. Then also copy the NAND backup and the md5 file to a spare SD card and rip off the write enable tab, and then once again check the md5 to make sure it copied correctly. Then guard the SD card and DVD backups with your life.

Yes I'm a little paranoid about my sysnand backup :P But once you know it's secure, it's off to arm9loaderhax for you! :D

Reactions: klear and peteruk

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Currently waiting on my O3DS XL to arrive to @hundshamer to get it hardmodded, so far he has responded fast to all my questions/messages, will report back when Hardmod is done.

I should also note that I am from Puerto Rico and he confirmed that he can indeed recieve and do Hardmod for anyone who is also from PR, might want to add that to the OP.

fuyukaidesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After a failed downgrade from 10.3 that failed for unknown reasons and resulted in a brick, I tried to hardmod myself, but failed and damaged a few connectors in the process.
Then I contacted @milerwan to fix my home button and downgrade (because I just needed to downgrade once, and his fees for hardmodding (70 euros) are higher than downgrading (50 euros)).
Unfortunately, he was met with the same issue I had: a seemingly correct downgrade always resulted in a brick, no matter what.
In exchange, he proposed to do the hardmod for 32 euros, instead of 70 euros. I agreed because in the worst case scenario, I have a GW 9.0 emunand I could try to flash if everything else fails. After a few hours, I stumbled upon @TuxSH's build of SysUpdater that worked on the first try, but I'm unsure about what kind of problem he's fixed in his build...

Here are some pics of his amazing work:

new_home_key_connector_soldered.jpg

home_key_ribbon_repaired.jpg

micro_usb_connector_front_view.jpg

He also sold me an SD card reader, and the soldered SD/USB adapter.
I get around 2.8MB/s read and write speeds.

Last edited by fuyukaidesu,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
any trusted hardmodder on spain? i want to hardmod my 2ds ...and im so useless for that (my console isnt bricked...but is on 10.6 for a mistake with decryp9)

Thank you

Greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte