Gaming List of games that show _more_ of the screen in 3d mode?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game i've noticed actually giving you a wider viewport on the game in 3d is PUzzle and Dragons Z. It's not just things that you can see sorta, it shows more of the world the higher the level of 3d is, and that's strange to me. So clearly they're always rendering it I doubt the game is that demanding since only the game world itself is 3d and allof the characters are just sprites but I found it odd that you can see more in 3d than you can in 2d. I am tempted to try to use ntr and get a screenshot of it and see what the framebuffer shows.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not seen _any_ of them show a larger viewport, they mvoe things back and foth infront of the camera but never have i gotten a lager viewport into the game world, i tried mm3d and it only shows a tad bit more of the game world _only_ if it's at maximum 3d every other level shows you less ntil it's ~90% of the way up padz shows more on each. I guess it's because they immeditely show more of the game world, i'll have to try again with a lot of other games and see how they do it but so far my tests only show maximum level shows more. I've tried a dozen games so far and they all show _less_ until you get to ~50% and then it shows the same. I wish nintendo would've shown the full viewport of the game in 2d or reduced power usage in 3d. Also if the sprites are 3d(in the overworld) the characters is what i'm talking about why do they look like 2d sprites, they cetainly don't look cell shaded.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason the top screen's display ratio isn't 16:9 because of 3D. Games actually display in full 16:9 in 3D because 3D necessitates a wider viewport.

I know some games, like 3D Classics Excitebike, do exaggerate the viewport growth of 3D as a fun effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: