List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by satanicangel, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Follow https://3ds.guide

2. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)
    If you really want to stay on 9.2, you have to use GW. If you want to use GW for on-the-fly cheat, don't install B9S, and follow the instruction on the GW website.

Edit: Oh, didn't see the other post :x

3. swess

swess Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2015
    9.2 or not doesn't really matter for me. Should i update to latest 11.3 and then go ahead with the guide you posted or should i go from 9.2? thnx for answering

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can start from 9.2.

medoli900 likes this.
  5. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    Simple GW have mSD card where you can store more games.
    I have 128 card in RGWcard and for main 64 GB.
    All space almost filled with games that I want.
    Red one with big games, 3ds with little one like sudoku-picoross-online games.
    What more GW have cheat functions.
    Well, still waiting for GW update...
    But I can use Luma and GW, sadly without updating father... For now.

Wanna be banned? :D

6. GrabitHot

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I followed the steps on https://3ds.guide/ and got Luma3Ds running. So, what can I do now?

I would like to put a gba title (Pokemon Puzzle Challenge), a couple of NDS titles, and whatever 3DS titles onto my 3DS. How do I do this? Do I have to place my .gba/.nds/.3ds games onto my SD card? Or can I get the games I want using some sort of app on the 3ds?

After going through the 3ds.guide walk-through, it seems like I still have access to my Gateway emuNand. Am I able to put games on my red card and use it like I have always did? Do I boot into gateway by going through the "Nintendo DS Profile" button? My sysNand is now running 11.5.0-38U. Gateway emuNand is running something lower than that.

These may seem like very basic/stupid questions, but it wasn't mentioned on the guide, so I just like to be cautious.

7. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I'm actually confused about your post. Are you wanting to get games running on luma or gateway?

You shouldnt be able to launch gateway if your sysnand is on 11.5. Does pressing select open the gateway menu?

8. GrabitHot

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I want games on Luma. I had intended to use gateway for the games already on there, but it sounds like that is no longer possible. It's just that, now that I have Luma3DS installed (and like 4 CIAs) I don't know what do do now...

9. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    all games need to be in .cia format except for ds games. ds games need .nds format

Install the .cia games with fbi

Look up twloader to play ds games

10. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Install cias with FBI or use freeShop to download and install them on your console. For DS games you need a DS flashcart. If you still have your blue Gateway card, that will work. The DS emulator that is currently available doesn't work with most games and most of the ones it does work with are unplayable. So you really need a DS flashcart if you want to play DS games.

11. elm

elm GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    So is Gateway cards dead now? I notice there are no updates on their website for a while.

Last edited by elm, Jul 24, 2017 at 1:22 AM
  12. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
  13. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Fake, last news is from February
    IMG_2741.PNG

14. Garou

Jan 13, 2015
    Yep I know their latest update is from February
    I'm not sure myself whether those videos legit, but you can see he's running gateway rom selection, so I'd think it's running on actual gateway cfw. So is there a way to spoof firmware version number to 11.5 inside gateway?

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Kneel before the Queen

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jul 24, 2017 at 7:08 AM
    Garou likes this.
  16. Garou

Jan 13, 2015
    Not sure how I forgot about that method
    I genuinely thought that the only reason it's possible is that maybe someone in their beta tester team made that video. My bad

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Kneel before the Queen

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    One could dream, but something tells me their beta tester would most likely be running either A9LH or maybe B9S.
    It looks like they went and made a usable frakenfirmware for 11.5 and are running that.

mrjoshuaco likes this.
  18. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    This is almost certainly the likely explanation. Which is unfortunate as there's already enough caveats with running a Gateway that Frankenfirmware didn't need to be added to that list, much less publicized in yet another irresponsible video =/

19. themyst

themyst GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    I haven't touched my o3DSXL in years, I have a Gateway + 4.5 original firmware on it. It is safe to say I'm better off going with some CFW variant and dumping the gateway altogether?

20. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes. Just follow https://3ds.guide from the beginning. If you have save files you'd like to extract let me know and I'll tell you what to do (don't follow the guide yet).