Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just two quick questions :!:
The last emunand supported by gateway for the new 3ds is 9.4 right?
To use the download play to update the emunand on the other console, what game do you suggest, to update to 9.4 version? if this is supported by gateway...
9.5 is the latest supported emunand. I remember reading a thread on this and it was not clear at the time if a full update was performed.

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an old 3DS on 7.2.0 and I'll want to use the web exploit.

Once I get EmuNAND up and working how do I update it?
Can my system NAND be on any firmware between 4.5 and 9.2? If so, how do I update it?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3DS on 7.2.0 and I'll want to use the web exploit.

Once I get EmuNAND up and working how do I update it?
Can my system NAND be on any firmware between 4.5 and 9.2? If so, how do I update it?
3ds.essh.co is a good list with the firmware included with each rom. Hold up on d pad when entering gateway mode will disable the update restriction.

Reactions: tekwarfare

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

I've been having a blast with my Gateway, but today, when I selected "Boot Gateway Mode", it black screened it and stayed there. I had to do a hard reset (by keeping the power button pressed for 15 seconds). This happened to me TWICE consecutively, and I thought may be somehow my emunand got corrupted or something.

Nonetheless, on the third try, I removed the Gateway SD card, put it back it, booted CN, bootted into Gateway Menu, selected the diagnsotic test, and it passed all the diagnostic tests. After that, I selected "Boot Gateway Mode" and it worked and emunand showed up.

Now, with all this, I wanna backup my save files, so in case if something does go wrong with emunand, at least I can recover my saves or keep a backup of my saves. How do I do this?

I use a 32 Gb MicroSD inside my N3DS XL, and currently, I have my emunand backed up on the 4 Gb card that came with my N3DS XL.

By the way, is there any way I can use MicroSD Management to backup my saves? I just don't wanna open/remove the back panel again and again to do this.

Any help in this regards would be highly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance :)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I've been having a blast with my Gateway, but today, when I selected "Boot Gateway Mode", it black screened it and stayed there. I had to do a hard reset (by keeping the power button pressed for 15 seconds). This happened to me TWICE consecutively, and I thought may be somehow my emunand got corrupted or something.

Nonetheless, on the third try, I removed the Gateway SD card, put it back it, booted CN, bootted into Gateway Menu, selected the diagnsotic test, and it passed all the diagnostic tests. After that, I selected "Boot Gateway Mode" and it worked and emunand showed up.

Now, with all this, I wanna backup my save files, so in case if something does go wrong with emunand, at least I can recover my saves or keep a backup of my saves. How do I do this?

I use a 32 Gb MicroSD inside my N3DS XL, and currently, I have my emunand backed up on the 4 Gb card that came with my N3DS XL.

By the way, is there any way I can use MicroSD Management to backup my saves? I just don't wanna open/remove the back panel again and again to do this.

Any help in this regards would be highly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance :)
Savedatafiler will do it but I don't think there is a way to run a batch process so it has to be done individually. You can then use wifi to transfer over to PC.

Also a good idea to pull your card every so often and make a emunand backup on PC.

Don't be to concerned about the exploit failing or emuand failing to load. It happens even two or three times in a row occasionally.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i update Pokemon Omega Ruby and Mario Kart 7? Am on EmuNAND9.5
The easiest way is to download and install the cia update files with dement/bigbluemenu/bigredmenu. Do not install ingame or from eshop on 9.5. If you have old 3ds you can use Rxtools to update to 9.6 and use eshop but is more complicated.

Google is your friend for cia updates.

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Couple of questions, because believe it or not I couldn't find an unambiguous answer anywhere!

Using the gateway, what is the internal micro SD card for, as opposed to the micro SD card in the gateway itself?

What, exactly, is unlinking, why would you want to do it, and do you lose anything, like functionality, in the process? If it's so great, why have it linked in the first place?

Thanks very much.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Couple of questions, because believe it or not I couldn't find an unambiguous answer anywhere!

Using the gateway, what is the internal micro SD card for, as opposed to the micro SD card in the gateway itself?

What, exactly, is unlinking, why would you want to do it, and do you lose anything, like functionality, in the process? If it's so great, why have it linked in the first place?

Thanks very much.

Using gateway the mSD is used for all the stuff the a virgin 3Ds would use it for. Min addition it contains emunand and the .sav files for the roms. It is also used to install cia games which are like eshop titles.

When you create emunand it is a copy of sysnand and uses the same data folder as emunand. Unlinking gather forces use of separate folders. It is best to unlink them unless you have a reason to have them linked. Generally power users who delve into advanced topics might leave them linked. There are tons of threads on the pros and cons if you want to delve deeper into the subject. And I mean tons. :)

Reactions: Allied

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using gateway the mSD is used for all the stuff the a virgin 3Ds would use it for. Min addition it contains emunand and the .sav files for the roms. It is also used to install cia games which are like eshop titles.

When you create emunand it is a copy of sysnand and uses the same data folder as emunand. Unlinking gather forces use of separate folders. It is best to unlink them unless you have a reason to have them linked. Generally power users who delve into advanced topics might leave them linked. There are tons of threads on the pros and cons if you want to delve deeper into the subject. And I mean tons. :)

Thanks for your answers! So, then what's the internal microSD for if one is using a gateway? Does it sit there basically unused because everything is being done with emunand on the gateway's sd? Basically trying to decide whether I get one big SD card, or two.

As for unlinking, does this then avoid the problem of accidentally updating the sysnand while in emunand?

EDIT: Ok, I think I was a bit confused. The emunand and stuff, including cias, goes on the internal microsd., right? The external one - the one in the gateway - is JUST for ordinary roms, right?

Speaking of which - why would you not use a cia over a rom? Aren't they just better? I'm only interested in undubs because I refuse to play a game butchered with listenable voices, when the release could have been made dual audio with next to no extra effort, which are released generally hilariously late in my region (EU).

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answers! So, then what's the internal microSD for if one is using a gateway? Does it sit there basically unused because everything is being done with emunand on the gateway's sd? Basically trying to decide whether I get one big SD card, or two.

As for unlinking, does this then avoid the problem of accidentally updating the sysnand while in emunand?

EDIT: Ok, I think I was a bit confused. The emunand and stuff, including cias, goes on the internal microsd., right? The external one - the one in the gateway - is JUST for ordinary roms, right?

Speaking of which - why would you not use a cia over a rom? Aren't they just better? I'm only interested in undubs because I refuse to play a game butchered with listenable voices, when the release could have been made dual audio with next to no extra effort, which are released generally hilariously late in my region (EU).
Right. Gateway mSD is for .3ds/3dz files. Note card 2 games (AC, Pokemon) save to the rom so those saves will be on that mSD.

Cia have benefits but have to be created and that takes time and some trial and error. Many cias can be found on the other site but by no means all titles. They also take time to install. There are a ton of rom vs cia threads you can search for. Backing up the saves of cias are more hastle as well.

Unlinking does not prevent sysnad from updating but does separate the Internet connections and stops the cia unwrap "bug" each reboot.

Reactions: Allied and cvskid

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help. Last question I can think of for now:

I've heard that going into the system menu in sysnand and/or emunand might be bad news... but I've not been able to find why this would be the case. Also, in the thread I was reading about it, there was some disagreement.

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 9.6 EmuNAND without the GW card and I'm using rxTools to launch it via browser.

If GW actually release an update for 9.6 EmuNAND then what's stopping me from launching EmuNAND via the GW launcher? Wouldn't this theoretically give me the same potential?

safkjgs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use legit Pokemon XY & ACNL carts on gateway classic mode (n3ds 9.2J emunand). Without wiping the saves that were already on them? I previously used the carts on an NA o3ds with ofw 9.2.

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
I have some blue card questions. I used cearp's thing to unblock the blue card on my n3ds.

1. Should I avoid putting the 3ds to sleep whilst the game is running (like the red card)?
2. Does the .SAV file get written only after you close the game (like the red card)?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions using GW on the new 3DS.

1. With the CN exploit installed, if I want to play some DS games using a DSTwo card, will that 'undo' anything and prevent Gateway usage? (ala the 'old' Gateway situation on the 'old' 3DS's where you'd have to reinstall the exploit payload after each DS game played)

2. Can I use the same microSD card (the one kept in the GW card itself) between the 'old' 3DS and 'new' 3DS, or it just isn't possible due to different sysnands/system save files/corruption/etc... OR, is it no big deal and it's fine?

Basically, I'm ok to use my 'old' 3ds for older games that weren't optimized for the 'new' 3ds's hardware. (so I don't have to deal with cartridge swapping on the new 3ds)

Thanks for any clarification!

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Should I avoid putting the 3ds to sleep whilst the game is running (like the red card)?

Why shouldn't you put the 3DS to sleep while a game is running on the red card? I thought this was the only way to avoid redoing the gateway menu exploit every damn time you use your 3DS. I wish they would put this shit in the manual...

Reactions: tekwarfare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head