Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a bit of a weird question, but is there any way to duplicate/backup saves that Gateway makes? I don't mind having to backup my files once in a while directly to my computer, but when MH4U launches...I will do it nearly every day with how often I'll be making upgrades and how much time I plan on putting in.

So, is there any way to do this? Savedatafiler doesn't seem to have the option for already made saves.

Assuming card1 game saves, you just take the .sav files off the root of your 3DS's SD card.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand this, I'm looking for a way to double saves, or backup without taking the sd card out.

Well, it seems like it's more effort than it's worth, in that case. You ought to just take the card out and back it up. Safest way.

Only other way you're going to be backing up is some sort of homebrew file browser that lets you create directories and copy files from one directory to another.

[email protected]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has been updated to reflect the updates from Gateway 3.01 "Ultra"

Based on some questions that have been answered repeatedly, here is a list of questions that are most commonly asked. Please don't ask in the forum or email Gateway(increasing their workload) again.:grog:

You may join the discussion about Gateway 3.01 Ultra at https://gbatemp.net/threads/poc-3ds-region-changing-proof.378110/

Q) What version does this new exploit support?
A: This exploit support every 3DS version from 4.5 up to 9.2(J, U, E, anything) BUT NEW 3DS IS STILL AWAITING SUPPORT
WARNING: 9.3.0-20 or 9.4.x(The latest version as of 19/12/2014) WILL NOT WORK. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE.

Q) What are the features? I am too lazy to watch the video!
A: According to the video, MultiROM, Region Free, CIA Installation via DevMenu on the supported firmware version, FIRMWARE DOWNGRADING AND RESTORE NAND BACKUP TO SYSNAND

Q) Do we need to use an older console to update our card/Do I need to buy a new card for this?
A: http://i.imgur.com/SpW9uDq.png?1
Conclusion: No, you can use your new console to update your flashcart, and you do not need a 'new' gateway card for this exploit.

Q) Will EmuNAND be supported?
A: Yes it works

Q) Will this work on my 2ds/3ds/3dsxl/new3ds/new3dsxl?
A: As long as your version of firmware is included in the version supported, then YES(NEW 3DS/3DSXL NEED MORE TIME)

Q) Should I update to the latest version now?
A:
-If you are below version 4.x, then update to version 4.x,
-If you are at version 4.5-version 9.2, then stay there as you already can use this exploit.
- If you are at 9.3++, you can only pray hard for now since the exploit is probably already blocked at that version. :(

Q) (off-topic)Where can I buy a new 3ds/3ds LL(JAP)/ 3ds XL(AUS)?
A: tjexp provided links on japanese consoles: http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-working-on-the-new-nintendo-3ds.375107/page-9#post-5184185

I bought mine(Jap version 3DSLL) over superufo.com . They shipped within a day. The price is quite competitive too.

for AUS consoles, so far I only know play-asia.com. They are very overpriced.

WARNING: I AM NOT RELATED TO THE WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE AND I BEAR NO RESPONSIBLE IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THEM. I AM JUST PROVIDING SOME WAYS TO BUY YOUR NEW 3DS.

Some more added questions:
Q)

A)

Q) Will this exploit support 5.x - 8.x?

A) Nope, if you are on 4.5 just stay there, or if you are at 5.x-8.x then upgrade to 9.x(as mentioned on the supported firmware version)
A) It is now known that Gateway will support from 7.x to 9.2. It is still unknown whether the support will be there for 5.x up till 6.x.

A)YES.

Q)

A)

A)NO

Q) If my version is 9.2.0-20U will the Gateway work?

A)
Yes, your system will works fine, since the U/J/T/E is just region. The important part here are the numbers.

Q) What version does the New 3DS/3DS LL comes with?

A) I got mine Jap New 3DS LL personally recently, and I can confirm that mine comes with 8.x . I am not sure whether later batch will change, but I think you can safely assume for Jap is 8.x whereas for Aus version according to most of the forumers it will be 9.0. You can read a review of the Aus New 3DSXL HERE written by Ailan.

Q) Should I get a Jap or Aus N3DS/N3DSLL?

A) If you have enough money, I will suggest you to go for Aus N3DS, because according to most of the people here it will come with 9.0, and according to Gateway this version will work with the new exploit. If you get Aus N3DS, not only you do not need to worry about new update pushing out, you also do not need to learn how to read some basic Japanese language.

If you are not that wealthy(like me), get a Jap but make sure it ships fast. Most of the people say they got a version 8.x N3DS, and you will need to update it manually to 9.x. The problem is if Nintendo pushes out a new update(eg 9.3) you will never get to the supported firmware version, at least for a short while. Please also make sure you check the latest system version(link above) before you update in case the update get pushed out before you updates. If unfortunately Nintendo pushes out a new update and no one else seems to notice, please report it in this forum quickly to avoid more victims from doing so. Thanks.

It is now purely depending on which one you prefer, whether you will feel annoying reading Japanese(and the price of course). According to Gateway, support for 7.x up to 9.2 is already completed and therefore firmware version will no longer be an issue as long as you do not update it past 9.2.x. This is AS OF NOW(11/01/2015), as we will never know when Nintendo will start to ship console with 9.3 or higher.

Q) If I downgrade my system, will my save file be lost?
A) I read from somewhere(forgot the source sorry) that all saves will be intact and can still be played. However I am not very sure since there are no official statements yet. Please make sure you backed up(Just in case).

Hope this helps with some of the questions you might have. ;)
You can't tell me it's userland. If what we saw today wasn't kernel based, then Gateway is compromised of some Stephen hawking level people.

NO I ACCIDENTALLY UPDATED MY SYSTEM TO 9.4!!! Is all hope lost?? will there ever be another update for 9.4 soon??

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OH NO! I accidentally updated to 9.4! Is all hope lost?? Will there be 9.4 support soon? IM such a noob!:cry:

To be honest, I don't think they're planning to work on 9.2+ exploit at all, the only reason they decided to support 9.2 is because of N3DS, so unless a new console is coming out with 9.4, I don't think they will be supporting the latest firmware.

[email protected]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whew I hope that the new 3ds is on 9.2 because I still ought to buy one. However, Gateway must somehow get 9.4 to work because the amiibos on new 3ds only work on 9.4. I hope they consider this and make a 9.4 functionality sometime soon.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is most likely a silly question, but I'll ask anyway because I am not sure...

9.5 isnt supported by emuNAND (or it breaks, idk) and I don't have my GW yet.
Am I able to back-up my 9.2 NAND, downgrade to 4.5 and use that 9.2 backup as my emuNAND?
If so, how would I go about doing that?

ch-vox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wait a second. so even IF the NEW 3DS XL ships with 9.2.0 it WON'T be supported by the Gateway? What in the F? Why not? The old 3DS is supported, why not the NEW 3DS XL?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a second. so even IF the NEW 3DS XL ships with 9.2.0 it WON'T be supported by the Gateway? What in the F? Why not? The old 3DS is supported, why not the NEW 3DS XL?

9.5 has been cracked by yellows8 so there will be gateway support almost definitely (if he makes his findings public)

Reactions: Erol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol