Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one more quick question. I'm running the latest emuNAND of Gateway and I'm trying to load up MK7 and it says A software update is available.

That's safe to update right? It won't update the actual sysNAND?
As long as you update while in emunand you are safe.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install .cia files? Is it the same as a .3ds rom just put it on the microsd?

.cia files can play online fine? No need to edit the file?

Are save files from .cia compatible with the same game .3ds save?
1. Search for the thread "cia for dummies". They are harder to deal with than .3dz
2. Once you have a valid cia file no need to edit them. See # 1
3. Probably not.

Reactions: zannalabianca

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a question. the op states gateway is now compatible with 2DS as long as they aren't past 9.X. is it like the 3DS back then where some sku had too high firmwares and others don't? Basically, which 2DS versions are "safe" assuming I buy new? are the crystal red/blue 2DS' good?
Firmware is the key. Buy from a retailer with a reputable return policy. Walmart, best buy, etc.

Reactions: zannalabianca

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me , I have a question ..
There is an update , somewhere , to operate the blue card ( a r4i clone ) of 9.0x ?
or just is not recoverable ?

( no downgrade )
a wood that works with it or something like that ??

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me , I have a question ..
There is an update , somewhere , to operate the blue card ( a r4i clone ) of 9.0x ?
or just is not recoverable ?

( no downgrade )
a wood that works with it or something like that ??

I don't think so. Just get an r4 or DStwo for DS games.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey I got a problem here .. actually was a problem with a friend's one since mine didn't came yet ...
the thing is that when we try to boot gateway mode, it's say that no card are inserted, but it does õ3o maybe it's a defect on the card ?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I got a problem here .. actually was a problem with a friend's one since mine didn't came yet ...
the thing is that when we try to boot gateway mode, it's say that no card are inserted, but it does õ3o maybe it's a defect on the card ?
Do you have a micro SD card inside the Gateway red card? Do you have launcher.dat on the root directory of the SD card in the side of the 3DS?

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you load emunand without the red card on 9.0-9.2 firmware? I know on 4.5 you can load it without the red card (as I have tried), but when I try to load it on 9.2 it doesn't load at all. I just want to confirm if this is a local issue or is one of the supported features that needs the card on that firmware.

ch-vox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you load emunand without the red card on 9.0-9.2 firmware? I know on 4.5 you can load it without the red card (as I have tried), but when I try to load it on 9.2 it doesn't load at all. I just want to confirm if this is a local issue or is one of the supported features that needs the card on that firmware.

I can't load it without GW red card, I've read many people who can't too. it seems this feature is now locked without red card...

ch-vox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

does your card look like the real or the fake one ?
real_vs_fake_1.jpg

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't load it without GW red card, I've read many people who can't too. it seems this feature is now locked without red card...

I just wanted to make sure because I want to make an emunand of my 9.2 fw so I can try to attempt a system transfer..

It seems that if you just run an emunand of 4.x, it'll work, but if you update your emunand to 9.4, it wont boot (without the red card.)

This is weird to me, but I guess it makes sense from a profitability point of view.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go lets say i get a Gateway in the future..

Can I just downgrade to 4.2... use the DS Profile exploit

Emunand to whatever firmware is latest..and then...can I just simply use .3ds files? not needing to worry about CIA.. .3dz?

Is that possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu