Hacking linux os for psp

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to remember someone porting a basic build of linux to it. Though it was purely CLI and wasn't very capable. I also seem to remember someone else getting some sort of VM working on it, as well. Windows 95 was barely decent on there.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, let's just say if you're expecting to have access to Linux emulators or something, it's not happening. The OS ports tend to be more proof of concept than functional and worth using.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it would either have to run in an emulator, so it would be increadibly slow, or you'd be stuck looking for software (or writing it yourself) for Linux built for MIPS. At that point, it would probably just be better to write a program directly for the PSP. Also, the PSP has very limited networking capabilities by today's standards.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: Yugimumoto1

Yugimumoto1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it would either have to run in an emulator, so it would be increadibly slow, or you'd be stuck looking for software (or writing it yourself if you want) for Linux built for MIPS. At that point, it would probably just be better to write a program directly for the PSP. Also, the PSP has very limited networking capabilities by today's standards.
yeah i'm aware of that. it was mainly for proof of concept and so i could have bragging rights

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans