Hardware Link270’s Hardmod service

link270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I would like to offer my hardmod skills out to you all. I can mod any 3DS model, including the new 2DS XL. If you are interested in getting a mod done from me please shoot me a message so we can work out the details.

Here are some pictures of a hardmod I did for a friend last night for proof. As I get more mods finished I will continue to upload images of my work.

B0C84B5C-1A14-4672-AC81-A441B742F7C5.jpeg
A0D791B2-EEBE-425C-A244-EA8134EC71F6.jpeg
62E2E2FC-3353-4A15-824E-A233E150F058.jpeg
81911FF6-4118-456A-BAFF-DFF46410253C.jpeg
FE527D13-A5AC-495D-AE5D-2784AFA468FF.jpeg

If this thread needs to be moved or the Mods need to do something to verify my identity or validity they are free to move the thread and contact me.

Thanks!
Link270

Reactions: iAqua

link270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Checks the date*: yep it's really 2017.

Thought it was still 2016 for a while.
Seemed like this had never happened for a brief, terrifying moment.

My service is for the people who would like a hard mod done on their system for one reason or another. I am in no way planning to make a business out of this, thanks to the incredible other hacks we have, as you pointed out, there isn't a huge need for hard mods. However, I would like to make my services available for those who would like one.

Plus, things are always changing, so we may need hard mods sometime in the future. (new 3ds revisions, Wii U, Switch, whatever) May as well get my name on the table now so I can help later if needed.

D

Deleted User

*Checks the date*: yep it's really 2017.

Thought it was still 2016 for a while.
Seemed like this had never happened for a brief, terrifying moment.
No need to be a dick about it. I used to look up to people like you.

@link270 what would make this more appealing would be offering different hardmods. Like a wireless charging mod, bluetooth audio, LED mods, etc.

Reactions: link270

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

@link270 what would make this more appealing would be offering different hardmods. Like a wireless charging mod, bluetooth audio, LED mods, etc.
I could have been less snarky, I'll give you that. But hardmods are more expensive, risky, and you have no arm9 control -- so less flexible too.
This is a trap that could ensnare inexperienced users who don't know any better.

The only good use case for a hardmod I can think of is when obtaining a DS flashcard is legally dangerous (Japan) or too difficult to pay for (a minor with strict parents, developing country, etc). Being the OP is from the US, I have a hard time believing either one of those scenarios applies to most people.

Last edited by zoogie,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I could have been less snarky, I'll give you that. But hardmods are more expensive, risky, and you have no arm9 control -- so less flexible too.
This is a trap that could ensnare inexperienced users who don't know any better.

The only good use case for a hardmod I can think of is when obtaining a DS flashcard is legally dangerous (Japan) or too difficult to pay for (a minor with strict parents, etc). Being the OP is from the US, I have a hard time believing either one of those scenarios applies to most people.

You shouldn't judge his hardmod skills by post count. What would Ramanujan say?

link270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a really nice idea! I will look into a few things like that in the next little bit.

What does a hard mod like this do? Let you read/write your NAND using an SD card interface?

Yes a simple hardmod like this would allow you to read the NAND, then flash it, if needed, and restore it to the DS. It used to be one of the only ways to hack a 3DS in the olden times. Now we have tons of different methods to hack a 3DS via softmods of different kinds. They can still be useful, and as I said in my other post, may become even more handy in the future.

As an example, my friend just got a new 2DS XL a little bit ago and wanted me to hack it for him. for that unit on the latest firm you can only hack it via NTRboot, Dsiware, or a hardmod. For me a hardmod was the easiest because I had the stuff ready to go, and it didn't require me to purchase a dsiware or flashcart and wait a few weeks for it.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I would like to offer my hardmod skills out to you all. I can mod any 3DS model, including the new 2DS XL. If you are interested in getting a mod done from me please shoot me a message so we can work out the details.

Here are some pictures of a hardmod I did for a friend last night for proof. As I get more mods finished I will continue to upload images of my work.

If this thread needs to be moved or the Mods need to do something to verify my identity or validity they are free to move the thread and contact me.

Thanks!
Link270
Is that number on the sticker specific to a particular console or is it a generic barcode that's the same for multiple consoles like a part number? You'll have to let us know if that unit got banned if it's a console specific number.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only good use case for a hardmod I can think of is when obtaining a DS flashcard is legally dangerous (Japan) or too difficult to pay for (a minor with strict parents, developing country, etc). Being the OP is from the US, I have a hard time believing either one of those scenarios applies to most people.
I still get hardmod request, I even tell them there is a cheaper route. In the end ppl want to experiment with the nand and write back faster..

Reactions: link270 and zoogie

T-Gurl

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I still get hardmod request, I even tell them there is a cheaper route. In the end ppl want to experiment with the nand and write back faster..
I don't know how to contact you personally - this site isn't a friendly interface for new users. I've been stalking you for a while trying to get in touch with you for the reason that I do not own soldering equipment and I want your hardmod.
Could you please contact me? And if your done with this request job perhaps point me to someone you trust?
I like your Jack icon btw - he's been my favorite since a little girl, haha. Anyway sorry to bother you in this way - but thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8